PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Terrorism: Special Forces or Standard Military?

Soldier of Liberty
10-18-2008, 08:31 AM
In other circles I flow through online I have been accused of offering criticism of the War in Iraq, but offering no solution. My personal opinion is that instead of sacrificing all these soldiers that the use of special forces could attain equally, with an otherwise sound intelligence the same results we get now. I say that because in 7 years, where is Bin Laden?

Lets see if we can come up with anything? I'm keen for discussion, as the last one I was in elsewhere online didn't help me much.

SOL

TastyWheat
10-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Before we even rethink our plans to capture Osama Bin Laden why don't we indict him first?

UnReconstructed
10-18-2008, 02:58 PM
bin laden is running america in a george suit

Soldier of Liberty
10-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Before we even rethink our plans to capture Osama Bin Laden why don't we indict him first?

Some of the people that I know would probably clamor to see him thrown in Guantanamo, I on the other hand would love to see him apprehended, prosecuted and given life in prison, as I think to execute him, as dastardly as his crimes are, is to give him and his followers what they want, a martyr. The affects of a dead Bin Laden far outweigh those of an Bin Laden imprisoned in a Super-Max prison, with no communication with the outside world, eventually his cohorts would have to move on, and go about their evil ways with out his millions, and eventually he would slip into obscurity and die a natural death in prison.

SOL

Soldier of Liberty
10-18-2008, 03:26 PM

I agree, but my question was, what do you think would be more effective, Special Ops or Standard Military in capturing Bin Laden.

SOL

ItsTime
10-18-2008, 03:48 PM
I agree, but my question was, what do you think would be more effective, Special Ops or Standard Military in capturing Bin Laden.

SOL

Special Ops for sure.

TastyWheat
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Special Ops for sure.
Ditto.