PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Will Find Out Soon They Should Have Picked Ron Paul

SevenEyedJeff
10-18-2008, 01:29 AM
Anyone else here think RP would have won in a landslide had he won the nomination? Especially now with the economy on everyone's mind? He would have been the hero, who voted against the bailout, while Obama voted for it. (Then again, if Paul was the nominee Obama would probably have voted against the bailout just for political gain.)

You know what? These people that mindlessly picked McCain, probably won't even realize they were wrong. They're that dumb.

Now we all get to pay the price for their lack of vision. :(

noxagol
10-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Yes, if Ron Paul would have won the nomination, he would have won the presidency in a unanimous victory I think (as far as electoral college goes). The message of liberty would have gone far and wide then because they couldn't ignore him or the gig would have been up for the media. It would have been suicide to let him speak and suicide to not let him speak. Hell, he gets more airtime now than he did during the primaries! With him wanting to end the Iraq war and the Afghanistan and begin peace in the middle east and his opposition to the bailout, yeah, it would have been a cinch.

slacker921
10-18-2008, 06:20 AM
You know what? These people that mindlessly picked McCain, probably won't even realize they were wrong. They're that dumb.

+10 .. and it also goes for the GOP leaders. I thought they were just in denial when I heard them all mindlessly support Bush at the NC GOP convention this year. Nope. They're that stupid. They really do support him.

tonesforjonesbones
10-18-2008, 06:22 AM
I do not think he would have won under the republican banner. If he had run independent he would have made much more headway. I honestly do not think Ron Paul wanted to be president...I say he was more interested in waking people up. Tones

TruthisTreason
10-18-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't think he could have won. Most of the sheeple out there still think Ron Paul and his supporters are loons.:mad:

jacmicwag
10-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Yep - the mainstream is not quite ready yet but they're getting closer with every failed bank and new stock market low.

zach
10-18-2008, 07:48 PM
People can't do a 180 until they feel rock bottom.

It's getting there.

Fox McCloud
10-18-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure it would be a total landslide, but I do think he would have handily won against Obama (now, if it was Hillary? Yeah, definite landslide).

heavenlyboy34
10-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Anyone else here think RP would have won in a landslide had he won the nomination? Especially now with the economy on everyone's mind? He would have been the hero, who voted against the bailout, while Obama voted for it. (Then again, if Paul was the nominee Obama would probably have voted against the bailout just for political gain.)

Now we all get to pay the price for their lack of vision. :(

You just gave me a flashback to "The Empire Strikes Back"-where the Emporer is torturing Luke and he says "you will pay for your lack of vision!" :eek:

krazy kaju
10-18-2008, 07:51 PM
The thing is that Ron Paul has a lot of hardcore supporters, just like Obama. This would have given Ron Paul even more ammunition and it would have caused a landslide victory for him.

heavenlyboy34
10-18-2008, 07:52 PM
oops...wrong post reply :(

satchelmcqueen
10-18-2008, 09:16 PM
he would have won easily...

NMCB3
10-18-2008, 09:39 PM

Now we all get to pay the price for their lack of vision. :(We would all pay regardless, RP could not stop what is happening but we would sure come out of it quicker and with a better system. :)

sailor
10-18-2008, 10:30 PM
But there is just this one thing: The GOP prefers Obama to Ron Paul. Obama is much closer to what they stand for than Ron Paul is.

SevenEyedJeff
10-18-2008, 10:36 PM
You just gave me a flashback to "The Empire Strikes Back"-where the Emporer is torturing Luke and he says "you will pay for your lack of vision!"

:D