PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee's Gains

paulaholic
09-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Why do you guys think he's been shooting up in the polls lately? I honestly don't think it's because of his runner-up status in Ames (he didn't start rising until several weeks afterward). I suspect he'll tick up another point or two from his performance last night (but so will Dr. Paul).

stevedasbach
09-06-2007, 06:14 PM
The MSM are giving him substantial coverage -- that's why his poll numbers are climbing. Same thing happened with Fred Thompsom from January through March 2007.

American
09-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Why do you guys think he's been shooting up in the polls lately? I honestly don't think it's because of his runner-up status in Ames (he didn't start rising until several weeks afterward). I suspect he'll tick up another point or two from his performance last night (but so will Dr. Paul).

Well when you suck up to AIPAC like he has, I'm surprised he can still move his mouth from all that sack gargling...

Qiu
09-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Ya, I've seen plenty of exposure for him after that 2nd place finish at Ames. Polls are still very much based in name recognition after all. It's just too bad that Ron Paul gets so little exposure despite consistent straw poll successes.

wgadget
09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh, he gets plenty of coverage, but it's nasty and unflattering. Right now, Mark Levin is calling him RuPaul over and over.

Bean
09-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh, he gets plenty of coverage, but it's nasty and unflattering. Right now, Mark Levin is calling him RuPaul over and over.

They use all of these ad hominem attacks because I honestly don't think they can counter him with facts/reason on his issues.

For me, I think the huckster poll climb is temporary. Most MSM sources were hyping him and McCain as the "winners" of the debate, so I think a lot of americans are (unfortunately) taking their words at face value and not really paying attention to whats going on and whose really right. I suspect in a month or two ol' Huckleberry will be back where he belongs in terms of polls- at the bottom.

Ron Paul Fan
09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
What polls? The latest Fox News polls had Huckabee and Paul tied at 3%. The latest Gallup poll had Huckabee at 4% and Paul at 3%. I don't know if I'd call that shooting up the polls. If you're talking about straw polls, Paul completely dominates Huckabee in those so I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. Maybe we'll see some rise for Huckabee in the next national poll, but I would expect a little rise for Paul too from the exposure of last night's exchange.

stevedasbach
09-06-2007, 07:31 PM
What polls? The latest Fox News polls had Huckabee and Paul tied at 3%. The latest Gallup poll had Huckabee at 4% and Paul at 3%. I don't know if I'd call that shooting up the polls. If you're talking about straw polls, Paul completely dominates Huckabee in those so I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. Maybe we'll see some rise for Huckabee in the next national poll, but I would expect a little rise for Paul too from the exposure of last night's exchange.

Some of the early states like Iowa now show him up in high single digits or low double digits.

Bro.Butch
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Ya, I've seen plenty of exposure for him after that 2nd place finish at Ames. Polls are still very much based in name recognition after all. It's just too bad that Ron Paul gets so little exposure despite consistent straw poll successes.

He was getting millions $ of free coverage BEFORE Ames...www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2007/08/01/us/politics/20070802FOX_GRAPHIC.html MSM FACE TIME

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/manchester-nh-rally-canvassing/

Chester Copperpot
09-06-2007, 09:06 PM
The MSM are giving him substantial coverage -- that's why his poll numbers are climbing. Same thing happened with Fred Thompsom from January through March 2007.

I wouldnt be surprised if he hasnt already been invited to joint he CFR.

He was extraorfinarily chummy with all the FOX neocons. He was filming Carl Cameron on his digitial camera for his website... he kissed mccains ass like hes gonna be Vp and Hannity treats him like.. Boy that huckabee.. what a great guy?

EIther like he is one of the crew now.. or he's the 'SAFE' darkhorse that wont win,. but the people can act like they have a choice.

jj111
09-06-2007, 09:07 PM
He was getting millions $ of free coverage BEFORE Ames...www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2007/08/01/us/politics/20070802FOX_GRAPHIC.html MSM FACE TIME

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/manchester-nh-rally-canvassing/

That media graph shows what a David versus Goliath match this candidacy is.

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Any Huckabee gains won't be at Ron Paul's loss.