PDA

View Full Version : Asking the innocent to protect the guilty

jerry
10-17-2008, 07:40 PM
From today's interview with Ron Paul (www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/17/ron.paul.qa/index.html)

"It's an immoral system. You're asking the poor people to bail out the rich. You're asking the innocent people to bail out the guilty."

This is what aches me - on how to understand what seems to be two basic belief systems and how they can live in harmony. One on all the bully mottos of life (survival of the fittest, here for a good time, it's only wrong if get caught, victims deserve it, etc .) and the moral position RP says above.

It's not about early childhood abuse and it's related effects because many of the most abused people in history still have compassion (morality, conscience, etc).

I'm stuck. I'd love to hear from others that they think, I hope you'll share.

satchelmcqueen
10-17-2008, 08:55 PM
well, i say let the bad investors and home owners who took out outrages home loans loose it all. I live in a 16'X65' trailer (97 model i bought in 2002) I payed $18K for it and paid it off in 9 months on $10.00 an hour! I had 12K saved on my own before i borrowed the rest. Sure Ild LOVE to live in a real house as they are better looking and more sturdy. BUT, years ago when i got married (1994) i knew Ild never be able to afford the payments on a loan over $30K.

In other words I saved my ass off for 4 years (i was the only one working in my family) and then when my wife started working, I took out a loan for the rest. I played it safe. I will never loose my home because of that.

Maybe in 10 years ill have enough to build an actual 30'X30' home (2 story W/ basement) but itll be money Ive saved that pays it. If a stupid country boy like me can be smart enough to do that, then i dont see how all of these smart "educated business men" cant be smart with their money also.