PDA

View Full Version : B.J. Lawson, the hybrid candidate

Bern
10-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Nice write-up from indyweek.com:

http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A266929

vegetarianrpfan
10-22-2008, 08:25 AM
You have to know about the Independent Weekly to realize how monumental this is. I'm sure they'll endorse Price when their endorsements come out today, but they are a pretty far-to-the-left publication that hates anything with an R next to it, without looking at the principles. I'm honestly surprised they gave such a fair treatment to BJ.

It shows that progressives in this district have really had enough with David Price. Hopefully enough of them will vote their conscience that BJ can win this thing.

ronpaulhawaii
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
A comment, and my response

I am as annoyed at David Price as anyone, especially for his opposition to impeachment and his vote against restoring FISA; so when he voted to bail out Wall Street, I joined the search for a replacement. Dr. Lawson's resum้ and demeanor are impressive, and I'm sorely tempted to vote for anyone who advocates decriminalizing drugs. Nevertheless, my cooled head now reminds me that he is a generally typical Republican and, as such, will doubtless say anything to keep big business in power. This smart man does his homework; he's fully aware that it's the liberal constituents who are disappointed with Price. So he has presented an alluring array of goodies just suited to our tastes. If too many of us get hooked, he will proceed triumphantly to Congress to further the Republican/corporate cause. Don't do it.
by thrasher • Hillsborough • 20 Oct 2008, 6:47pm •

Thrasher - I know Dr. Lawson quite well and see your comment as completely unwarranted rhetorical propaganda. It is obvious you don't know the man or you would never have made such a ridiculous and partisan comment. As the article states, BJ is not a "business as usual" republican and is not pandering to anyone. I find it quite ironic that you have posted this in spite of BJ's opponent voting for the corporate bailout, which is simply theft via inflation from the poor and middle class. The false dichotomy of the "two" party monopoly has gone on long enough and it is time for folks from all areas of the spectrum to vote their conscience. I can, in good conscience, recommend a vote for BJ Lawson, as a man who will help restore integrity to DC.
by MichaelM • • 22 Oct 2008, 11:07am •

Gadsden Flag
10-25-2008, 09:26 AM
You came out way too strong after the guy who made the comment. You could have said it in a less condescending way.

Cowlesy
10-25-2008, 09:32 AM
www.lawsonforcongress.com

Let's help BJ GOTV!

ronpaulhawaii
10-25-2008, 10:00 AM
You came out way too strong after the guy who made the comment. You could have said it in a less condescending way.

Fair enough... Do you mean that I might have offended thrasher, in particular, or negatively affected readers in general? :o

I saw it as a well crafted hit piece, by a professional, and I do enjoy tweaking the noses of the opposition. Finding that thin line is the trick... :eek:

:)

Cowlesy
10-25-2008, 10:53 PM
//