PDA

View Full Version : tomatobubble.com update

max
10-17-2008, 01:37 PM
added some cool pictures/images to the story and corrected all typos....

looks like its going viral...lots of positive feedback from craigslist postings

www.tomatobubble.com

tremendoustie
10-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Great job! Much improved, you even managed to make the John bit and the "pyramid scheme" really work. I like it!

OferNave
10-18-2008, 03:12 PM
added some cool pictures/images to the story and corrected all typos....

looks like its going viral...lots of positive feedback from craigslist postings

www.tomatobubble.com

Do you mean you posted the link on craigslist and then saw lots of craiglist referrals in your web logs? I'd love to see a stats page on the site so we can all watch how it increases in popularity, and have clues as to what the trends are.

BTW-Let me know when you get tired of feedback. :) Until then, here's a little more:

1) I think the site would look more professional (and hence credible) if you removed most of the exclamation marks, and replaced most of the words that are all in ALL CAPS with normal capitalization. It's superficial, but many people judge sites by appearances. If you notice, most scam sites or crazy person sites use ALL CAPS and lots of exclamation marks!!!!!!!

2) Several pages say "Enter supporting content here" at the very bottom of the page. Might want to replace or remove that.

3) Have you considered adding Digg, Reddit, etc links to the front page? Each service has a method of generating some code that you can copy and paste to embed the link, with the proper look and feel, like you see on youtube videos or many news articles.

Suzu
10-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Did you make the corrections I sent via the comment form?

Edit: I see you missed: "Perhaps debt was the underlying cause of your divorce, of that of some couple that you know."

And the comma after "divorce" is not needed.

mport1
10-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Nice, looking real good.

Suzu
10-18-2008, 05:07 PM
One more thing: When you recommend the site to more than one person, all the email addresses appear in to "To:" field. Can't you hide them?

tggroo7
10-18-2008, 05:21 PM
you do have several other typos or grammatical errors in there yet.

But I have a nice suggestion...what if you add a split to the end for alternate endings: how the Ron Paul/Austrian school way would work and how everything will go down with this way (NWO, world bank?). That might require some expert input though as most of us probably don't know exactly enough to make those predictions.

sidster
10-18-2008, 05:21 PM
your analogy is incorrect regarding fractional reserves and fiat money.

OferNave
10-18-2008, 05:50 PM

That's not helpful. If you believe that and want to be helpful, go into detail about why/how.

max
10-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Did you make the corrections I sent via the comment form?

Edit: I see you missed: "Perhaps debt was the underlying cause of your divorce, of that of some couple that you know."

And the comma after "divorce" is not needed.

yes...thanks for pointing out the new stuff...will fix..

max
10-19-2008, 04:46 PM

regarding the injection of money into the poker game itself...you're right..thats not really fractional banking...so i'm gonna adjust that

...because i'm spending it into the game...not lending it into the game....

fractional reserve is instuted later in the story after the local bank was taken over by mortimer

good catch

tremendoustie
10-19-2008, 05:07 PM
regarding the injection of money into the poker game itself...you're right..thats not really fractional banking...so i'm gonna adjust that

...because i'm spending it into the game...not lending it into the game....

fractional reserve is instuted later in the story after the local bank was taken over by mortimer

good catch

Yeah, if you really want it to be accurate, introduce the new notes as loans into the system, and collect interest. The increased money in the system will make people think they're getting wealthy, as before, and they can buy all the vehicles, etc, that you discuss.

Then, when mortimer starts to call in the loans, there's a shortage of cash (since there is not enough cash to cover principle+intrest), and ppl default, turning their cars, etc. over to him.

Or, if he just keeps loaning faster and faster, he can just keep collecting more and more interest on money he never had.