PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth dying for?

fxmercenary
10-17-2008, 12:18 AM
What is worth dying for?

Trying to save your country?

no?

Starving to death together?

no?

Well what is then? Think about it. You die for your beliefs in an attempt to save your country, what happens next? Will you be some side story in the news? A "based on a true story" movie 15 years later?

I am pondering these questions more and more, after seeing unarmed people being beaten in the streets and herded like animals by the power of government.

It is a demoralization of being American.

"if you vote for Obama, kiss your gun goodbye!" says my dad, who might be right, but when they come to your home after a hurricane and take it anyway, what good is a gun?

"if you vote for McCain, you are a war pig and we will all be broke" says a friend, but if i vote for Obama, I am signing away my rights, and am pro big-government.

My grandmother is voting for McCain, she cant even afford her medical bills.

My cousin is voting for Obama, he does'nt want to go back to Iraq.

Last week I was going to vote for obama, now after looking into him more, I fear big government.

Now what, McCain???

Jesus... What have Americans done? Why? Why didnt you vote for Ron Paul?

"I never heard of him" They tell me, Never saw him on TV...

"If you move to another Country, you are a coward!" "if you dont vote, you arent american!"

Maybe after all of your stupidity, I dont want to be an American. Is it even the same thing as it used to be???

They laughed, scoffed, said the country is fine, then they lose their jobs, then they wake up, so they vote, sign off on a few more freedoms in hope that their gamble, their dice roll will turn out good.

Like Wall street at the craps table with my money in hand, they fail and get a refund at the front desk before they leave to go to the airport, and catch the next plane to some other country, and I get the bill in the mail 3 days later... "Pay up, or go rot in a jail cell."

America. my home, my pride, my country... Stripped away from me, stripped away from you.

United we stand... In the soup line... Poor, hungry, weak and pitiful... The evil-doers in the eyes of a world in recession.

tremendoustie
10-17-2008, 03:25 AM
The question of what one is willing to die for goes to one's belief about the purpose of life.

Personally, for me as a follower of Christ, there are a number of things I believe it would be right to die for (e.g. to protect innocents, in resisting violence and abuse, to proclaim Christ, to avoid grossly immoral action or causing great harm), since there are a number of things which I consider more important than life. Of course, I cannot be sure whether I have the courage until I am actually in the situation.

There are many whose highest purpose IS their own life, and these would not die for anything.

What is the reason you believe you are here, and what is your highest goal in life? I think answering that question will help in understanding what is worth sacrificing for.

I don't think it's necessarily cowardly to leave the country. I think the proper allegiance is to what is right -- that is a higher allegiance than country. Where there is liberty, there is my country! I have a special place in my heart for the US, and I will fight hard for what is best for it, but in the end, I for one will not ally myself with evildoers, or feel obligated to participate in an immoral system.

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 03:46 AM
What is worth dying for?

Trying to save your country?

no?

Starving to death together?

no?

Well what is then? Think about it. You die for your beliefs in an attempt to save your country, what happens next? Will you be some side story in the news? A "based on a true story" movie 15 years later?

I am pondering these questions more and more, after seeing unarmed people being beaten in the streets and herded like animals by the power of government.

It is a demoralization of being American.

"if you vote for Obama, kiss your gun goodbye!" says my dad, who might be right, but when they come to your home after a hurricane and take it anyway, what good is a gun?

"if you vote for McCain, you are a war pig and we will all be broke" says a friend, but if i vote for Obama, I am signing away my rights, and am pro big-government.

My grandmother is voting for McCain, she cant even afford her medical bills.

My cousin is voting for Obama, he does'nt want to go back to Iraq.

Last week I was going to vote for obama, now after looking into him more, I fear big government.

Now what, McCain???

Jesus... What have Americans done? Why? Why didnt you vote for Ron Paul?

"I never heard of him" They tell me, Never saw him on TV...

"If you move to another Country, you are a coward!" "if you dont vote, you arent american!"

Maybe after all of your stupidity, I dont want to be an American. Is it even the same thing as it used to be???

They laughed, scoffed, said the country is fine, then they lose their jobs, then they wake up, so they vote, sign off on a few more freedoms in hope that their gamble, their dice roll will turn out good.

Like Wall street at the craps table with my money in hand, they fail and get a refund at the front desk before they leave to go to the airport, and catch the next plane to some other country, and I get the bill in the mail 3 days later... "Pay up, or go rot in a jail cell."

America. my home, my pride, my country... Stripped away from me, stripped away from you.

United we stand... In the soup line... Poor, hungry, weak and pitiful... The evil-doers in the eyes of a world in recession.

Stand and fight, or piss off and move!

March on Washington, or live in a perfect environment.

New Zealand and Australia.

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 03:47 AM
No regrets.

I love it!

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 03:50 AM
X-pat (17 years ).

me3
10-17-2008, 04:30 AM
Perfect?

Lovely perhaps.

Perfect? I don't think so. Not when you can be taxed and regulated at the point of a gun.

freelance
10-17-2008, 04:35 AM
X-pat (17 years ).

Ah, now I see why it is so easy for you to say some of the things that you do.

From a soon-to-be expat.

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 05:04 AM
[quote=me3;1769120]Perfect?

Lovely perhaps.

Perfect? I don't think so. Not when you can be taxed and regulated at the point of a gun.[/quot

My heart breaks.

I love America, except you are bunnies!

You have been brainwashed!

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Ah, now I see why it is so easy for you to say some of the things that you do.

From a soon-to-be expat.

I have ( from last count ) 26 relatives in America.

I have an American accent, and was raised in cornfields.

You guys dropped the ball since I left. Sad.

LibertyEagle
10-17-2008, 05:18 AM
My heart breaks.

Yeah, too bad we didn't all tuck tail and scamper away years ago like you did, Oz.

Yup, that took some real balls right thar. :cool:

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Yeah, too bad we didn't all tuck tail and scamper away years ago like you did, Oz.

Yup, that took some real balls right thar. :cool:

I was lucky to have an option.

I skipped out on a minimum 3 year sentence for numerous assaults.

I'd had enough encerceration.

Weird, but I love this country.

I will always be a Green Bay Packer, and Chicago Cubs fan.:)

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 05:40 AM
I would love to return to visit my brother and family.

But...

I'm freaked out that I'm going to be busted at LAX.

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 05:48 AM
I left 25 years ago, and ran a successful business.

No record. No tatts.

I can't return to America, cause you dill-wadds have "heightened security ."

Mortikhi
10-17-2008, 05:54 AM
[quote=me3;1769120]Perfect?

Lovely perhaps.

Perfect? I don't think so. Not when you can be taxed and regulated at the point of a gun.[/quot

My heart breaks.

So the news reports of the Australain government taking people's guns is false?

Mortikhi
10-17-2008, 06:02 AM
Stand and fight, or piss off and move!

March on Washington, or live in a perfect environment.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081016-net-filters-required-for-all-australians-no-opt-out.html

Now I read you must have mandatory internet filters.

Yeh, the country which you reside really kicks ass :rolleyes:

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 06:04 AM
[quote=Ozwest;1769151]

So the news reports of the Australain government taking people's guns is false?

Yes.

Handguns ownership is only lawful if you are a registered member of a gun club.

Shoulder mounted weapons, provided you have a secured safe, are a part of life.

Come and hunt wild pig with me.

hillbilly123069
10-17-2008, 06:04 AM
I have ( from last count ) 26 relatives in America.

I have an American accent, and was raised in cornfields.

You guys dropped the ball since I left. Sad.
How old would you have to be to prevent the ball from being dropped?When was the 2 party system enacted?

hillbilly123069
10-17-2008, 06:06 AM
I would love to return to visit my brother and family.

But...

I'm freaked out that I'm going to be busted at LAX.
Come across the mexican border like everyone else.

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 06:08 AM
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081016-net-filters-required-for-all-australians-no-opt-out.html

Now I read you must have mandatory internet filters.

Yeh, the country which you reside really kicks ass :rolleyes:

I'm sure they are Dick Cheney approved.

Don't lose your cool.

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Come across the mexican border like everyone else.

Good times in Mexico. Lived in Albuquerque for 6 years.

Any further questions?

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 06:16 AM
I had to leave.

You piss-ants fucked yourselves.

Now, you want to try and bully-boy me?

Mortikhi
10-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Good times in Mexico. Lived in Albuquerque for 6 years.

Any further questions?
I investigated moving to Oz. I mean I put in some real time looking into it.

You get money to buy your first house :D Stuff like that.

When I read that there are no guns, that was a deal breaker for me, but you say that you can have them.

I wonder if a person that comes there can have a gun until he becomes a citizen or only after he becomes one.

I would hate to leave this country, but pretty soon my family and I will need a passport to visit Yellowstone National Park! (because we will not be getting Real IDs)

I am getting tired of the people in this country. They keep voting for more of the same. Those that have woken up want to change but want it at a snail's pace. Many of them don't believe a REAL message needs to be sent. They would rather send emails and faxes.

I may have to re-check into Australia again.

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 06:25 AM

When I read that there are no guns, that was a deal breaker for me, but you say that you can have them.

I wonder if a person that comes there can have a gun until he becomes a citizen or only after he becomes one.

I would hate to leave this country, but pretty soon my family and I will need a passport to visit Yellowstone National Park! (because we will not be getting Real IDs)

I am getting tired of the people in this country. They keep voting for more of the same. Those that have woken up want to change but want it at a snail's pace. Many of them don't believe a REAL message needs to be sent. They would rather send emails and faxes.

Our gun ownership is similar to Canada.

Australia has the population of Chicago, and weare the land mass of America.

It is not a perfect world.But...

We use guns for agricultural necessities.

When we hunt, we clear vermin.

Some of it is good eating.:) Great adventure and eating!

mrd
10-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Where there is liberty, there is my country!
Apt quote.

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 06:35 AM

Australia is wide open.

I love "wild fishing," where your arms are aching, and a white pointer or a hammerhead is racing to bite your catch.

I can walk for ninety miles down a pristine beach, and not see a soul.

You could hide in the outback forever.

Australia is a out-0doorseman's paradise.

reduen
10-17-2008, 07:04 AM
From what I understand, we are pretty much trapped here now even if we wanted to leave. Last I heard Passports were way on backorder and you can't even get one if you try. Then take into account all of the "lists" that you may or may not be on (terrorist or other) and it may be nearly impossible to get out of here. (Especially with a family...)

Yes, I have been thinking of it....:(

Is my understanding of the situation we are in accurate or not?

Mortikhi
10-17-2008, 07:06 AM
From what I understand, we are pretty much trapped here now even if we wanted to leave. Last I heard Passports were way on backorder and you can't even get one if you try. Then take into account all of the "lists" that you may or may not be on (terrorist or other) and it may be nearly impossible to get out of here. (Especially with a family...)

Yes, I have been thinking of it....:(

Is my understanding of the situation we are in accurate or not?
Good thing I have one :)

I got one after I heard that you'd need one if you didn't have a Real ID, which I plan on never getting.

fxmercenary
10-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Australia is wide open.

I love "wild fishing," where your arms are aching, and a white pointer or a hammerhead is racing to bite your catch.

I can walk for ninety miles down a pristine beach, and not see a soul.

You could hide in the outback forever.

Australia is a out-0doorseman's paradise.

you should begin building a village. If you build it, we will come!

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 08:53 AM
you should begin building a village. If you build it, we will come!

Blood Oath!

mediahasyou
10-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Nationalism starts wars.

Ozwest
10-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Nationalism starts wars.

Introspection.

Most of the planet would appreciate it if you guys would mellow out.