PDA

View Full Version : Andy Card on Matthews' Hardball just said...

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
...when asked about Ron Paul, "Well he tends to win a lot of the online polls after debates on the internet, but those aren't the kind of people who typically go to the polls to vote. Ron Paul won't win the Republican nomination."

I LOVE THAT! Card & Company are in for a rude awakening. If there is 3 feet of snow outside your precinct on Primary day, will you still vote? Or are Ron Paul supporters going to sit the Primary out?

ctb619
09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
I'll low crawl through gunfire to vote for Ron Paul.

SeanEdwards
09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
...when asked about Ron Paul, "Well he tends to win a lot of the online polls after debates on the internet, but those aren't the kind of people who typically go to the polls to vote. Ron Paul won't win the Republican nomination."

I LOVE THAT! Card & Company are in for a rude awakening. If there is 3 feet of snow outside your precinct on Primary day, will you still vote? Or are Ron Paul supporters going to sit the Primary out?

Man, I registered as republican, and that nearly made me puke. I'm sure I can manage a little snow. Not that I'm likely to see any here in sunny California, but it wouldn't stop me! ;)

krott5333
09-06-2007, 05:22 PM
i'd give my small toe to vote for Ron Paul..you know damned well ill be there!

EvilEngineer
09-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd take a bullet for Ron Paul, I'll damn be sure to be there to vote.

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I hope they get lulled into complacency. They have absolutely no clue how many non-voters or disaffected voters will be showing up this spring. A paradigm shift is on the way.

slantedview
09-06-2007, 05:25 PM

If I have to dodge bullets, bombs and missiles - I'll be voting for Ron Paul... I'll probably also be the only one at the polling place, aside from other Ron Paul supporters :)

american.swan
09-06-2007, 05:26 PM

I wouldn't put it past the neo-cons to make this situation a reality.

guntherg16
I registered Republican just for this occasion, I'll do whatever it takes to get to the polls.

Sematary
I hope they get lulled into complacency. They have absolutely no clue how many non-voters or disaffected voters will be showing up this spring. A paradigm shift is on the way.

Apparently they are unaware of how many anti-war Democrats are being attracted to his candidacy as well.

ghemminger
I would shave myself bald for Ron Paul

RockEnds
09-06-2007, 05:28 PM
I heard that. We're not the kind to go to caucus either. Riiiiiiiiight.

Who had the Ron Paul signs in Council Bluffs? CNN was announcing Fred Thompson's Iowa debut, and the people behind him were holding up Ron Paul signs. GO COUNCIL BLUFFS!!

I need to find Fred's Iowa schedule.

billm317
09-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I need to find Fred's Iowa schedule.

http://blogsforfredthompson.com/schedule-fred-thompsons-announcement-tour-events-iowa

max
09-06-2007, 05:31 PM

Andy Card may be right.

We shouldnt assume that just because Ron Paul supporters are willing to hang signs from telephone poles and overpasses, distribute hand made flyers, spend our money on local meetup groups, post all over Internet forums, write letters to the editor, donate wedding gifts, fly airplane banners, make you tube videos, tell all of our friends and relatives about him, have donations contests, and scream at the top of our lungs for him when he appears.....that we can be counted upon to actually take five minutes of our time to show up and actually vote for him.

It's a lot of work to show up and pull a lever.

BuddyRey
09-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Apparently they are unaware of how many anti-war Democrats are being attracted to his candidacy as well.

Ditto!!! If folks like me can find it within ourselves to register Republican so we can vote for Ron Paul, ANYONE can!!!

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Andy Card may be right.

We shouldnt assume that just because Ron Paul supporters are willing to hang signs from telephone poles and overpasses, distribute hand made flyers, spend our money on local meetup groups, post all over Internet forums, write letters to the editor, donate wedding gifts, fly airplane banners, make you tube videos, tell all of our friends and relatives about him, have donations contests, and scream at the top of our lungs for him when he appears.....that we can be counted upon to actually take five minutes of our time to show up and actually vote for him.

Great, great post!

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 05:34 PM

I was down at the Des Moines PCC HQ this noon and there was an anti-war democrat in there asking for material and a yard sign. MSM = Ignorance is bliss.

RonPaul2012grassroots
09-06-2007, 05:53 PM

Right - we need to sneak past 'em like we did with Perot. By the time they realized they'd been had it was too late.

Vvick727
09-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I'll do everything I can to get my parents to vote in the primaries.

WHY AM I ONE YEAR SHORT?!

maxmerkel
09-06-2007, 06:05 PM
* I'll low crawl through gunfire to vote for Ron Paul.
* i'd give my small toe to vote for Ron Paul..you know damned well ill be there!
* Man, I registered as republican, and that nearly made me puke. I'm sure I can manage a little snow.
* I'd take a bullet for Ron Paul, I'll damn be sure to be there to vote.
* I registered Republican just for this occasion, I'll do whatever it takes to get to the polls.
* If I have to dodge bullets, bombs and missiles - I'll be voting for Ron Paul...

:) :)

blazin_it_alwyz
09-06-2007, 06:06 PM

I don't care what it takes, that's is what these people fail to realize about us.

Nash
09-06-2007, 06:08 PM

This quote is great because the truth is exactly the opposite. People who bother the watch a debate and then vote in an online or text poll are precisely the people who go to vote in primary elections.

If it was a general election he might have an argument but primary elections are all about the activists.

tnvoter
09-06-2007, 06:14 PM

haha yeah, I truly hope the neocons that don't wake up to conservatism underestimate Dr. Paul and stay at home on vote day. :D

Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
We have a solid base of supporters here, but EACH of us EACH day needs to reach out to folks to school them about Ron Paul.

It's just like the $10 and $25 donations. Each one is just as important as a $250 donation...because when someone sees you donate $25, they're compelled to do so....multiply that by 100 supporters, it becomes an extremely material amount.

We need to treat voting just like we do donating, work on doing more of it everyday.

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 06:31 PM

LOL.

That quote is an instant classic. Lets put it on some signs!

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Too quote Williams, Jr...

"I'D LOVE TO SPIT SOME BEECH NUT IN THAT DUDE'S EYES..."

The critical element of Paul's support, the one thing that makes it remarkable, is that it is real. The people show up. The people who support Paul aren't philosophically ambivalent about why they support him.

catwoman
09-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh, I can assure Mr. Card that I AM going to vote and my vote will be cast for Ron Paul. So will my husband's and my 21 year old son. I've voted in every election since I was 18 years old and I'm 43 now. I've been a registered Republican my entire life. Oh, yes, Mr. Card I we DO vote.

AlexAmore
09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
* I'll low crawl through gunfire to vote for Ron Paul.
* i'd give my small toe to vote for Ron Paul..you know damned well ill be there!
* Man, I registered as republican, and that nearly made me puke. I'm sure I can manage a little snow.
* I'd take a bullet for Ron Paul, I'll damn be sure to be there to vote.
* I registered Republican just for this occasion, I'll do whatever it takes to get to the polls.
* If I have to dodge bullets, bombs and missiles - I'll be voting for Ron Paul...

http://www.lizmichael.com/rooftops.jpg

phixonpolitics
09-06-2007, 07:03 PM
These guys seem to be under the '80's impression that the only people that are online are more content to play video games, hack computers (and I mean that in a good way), and dream about having a girlfriend one day than to go out into the sunlight. They don't realize that the demographic of the internet is vastly different now. As a matter of fact, they're acting like the internet is static!:eek:

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 07:12 PM
These guys seem to be under the '80's impression that the only people that are online are more content to play video games, hack computers (and I mean that in a good way), and dream about having a girlfriend one day than to go out into the sunlight. They don't realize that the demographic of the internet is vastly different now. As a matter of fact, they're acting like the internet is static!:eek:

Beautiful point. They don't know the person behind the curtain, I don't doubt that they want to know, but we are the unknown quantity.

'You do not know, and will never know, who the Remnant are,
nor what they are doing or will do. Two things you do know,
and no more: First, that they exist; second, that they will find you.'
Albert Jay Nock — 1936