PDA

View Full Version : Third Party Debate Sunday - No Candidate Has Confirmed

mrchubbs
10-16-2008, 07:43 PM
It's not just Barr that isn't showing up for the third party debate on Sunday. The only confirmed participant is the moderator according to this article:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/729321.html

Enjoy.

ItsTime
10-16-2008, 07:43 PM
who set this up? I did not read the link

mport1
10-16-2008, 07:44 PM
What is wrong with these people?

dr. hfn
10-16-2008, 07:45 PM
For fucks sake, write, email, blog.

Tell those lazy fuckers to show up @ the goddamn debate!

We don't do all this shit for nothing!

ItsTime
who is putting it on?

Kludge
Nader isn't going to show up to debate only Baldwin...

dr. hfn
10-16-2008, 08:20 PM
email them, the links are on www.thirdpartyticket.com

be firm, tell them to show up or lose your vote!!!

ItsTime
10-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh this is the BTM debate.... please allow me to hold my laughter

dr. hfn
10-16-2008, 08:24 PM
ya hold your laughter, LIBERTY and the FREEDOM MOVEMENT are not funny

ItsTime
10-16-2008, 08:28 PM
ya hold your laughter, LIBERTY and the FREEDOM MOVEMENT are not funny

Of course they are not. But the self proclaimed leaders can be at times.

If a 3rd party debate should have happened CFL should have done it. Not some spammers.

nbhadja
10-16-2008, 08:28 PM
No wonder 3rd parties are always fucking losers who never make any progress. They can't even attend a debate, morons!!

Kludge
10-16-2008, 08:29 PM
No wonder 3rd parties are always fucking losers who never make any progress. They can't even attend a debate, morons!!

Go to bed.

ItsTime
10-16-2008, 08:30 PM

Ever stop to think it might be about the people who are putting it on?

rightofpeople
10-16-2008, 08:33 PM
It's not just Barr that isn't showing up for the third party debate on Sunday. The only confirmed participant is the moderator according to this article:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/729321.html

Consider the source, at the bottom of the article:

MORE FROM MCCLATCHY

Love her or hate her, Palin is GOP's lightning rod: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/54236.html

Gallup polls suggest a possible McCain comeback: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/54232.html

scandinaviany3
10-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Consider the source, at the bottom of the article:

MORE FROM MCCLATCHY

Love her or hate her, Palin is GOP's lightning rod: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/54236.html

Gallup polls suggest a possible McCain comeback: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/54232.html

So what is the story with mcclatchy?

rightofpeople
10-16-2008, 09:26 PM
It has been bought.

The McClatchy Company is the third-largest newspaper company in the United States.

If you control the money, you can control everything else.

Peace&Freedom
10-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Candidates at times should duck certain venues, or decline to fill out surveys that are likely to be stacked with one sided questions that benefit another faction. As a past LP candidate I often would attend what I thought to be neutral 'candidates night' affair, only to find out the whole thing was sponsored by the Greens or local Democratic club, as a way of pumping up their slates.

When I and (mostly) Don Meinhausen helped organize the Badnarik-Cobb debate in NYC in 2004, it took weeks of calling both HQ staff to put it together. Did the organizing group for the CSPAN debate even get on the phone to coordinate each third party into agreeing on a date? Or did they just pick a date and arrogantly expect the candidates to line up and appear? Then no wonder this may turn out to be a nothing burger.

scandinaviany3
10-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Candidates at times should duck certain venues, or decline to fill out surveys that are likely to be stacked with one sided questions that benefit another faction. As a past LP candidate I often would attend what I thought to be neutral 'candidates night' affair, only to find out the whole thing was sponsored by the Greens or local Democratic club, as a way of pumping up their slates.

When I and (mostly) Don Meinhausen helped organize the Badnarik-Cobb debate in NYC in 2004, it took weeks of calling both HQ staff to put it together. Did the organizing group for the CSPAN debate even get on the phone to coordinate each third party into agreeing on a date? Or did they just pick a date and arrogantly expect the candidates to line up and appear? Then no wonder this may turn out to be a nothing burger.

Looks like the NYC group tried to steal the thunder from trevors event...sure hope trevor can work this out with the campaigns for his event. (www.thirdpartyticket.com) Sounds like on his page he is doing this first event and then offering to do a second live event if the candidates came together.

Obviously as you state it takes a lot to get the candidates together...so if they dont come together now with the time left for an online event, its probably harder they come together at all, and would have less support for a followup live event with the remaining time in the year.

Bummer to i just got my main in ballot yesterday. Lots of voters need to have more debates and not less debates. The top two debates have been abysmal.

Would have been nice to have a big money bomb for all campaigns that would be larger than ron pauls top day. This wouldve gave Trevor's event the big medias and voters attention.

Might have stopped some voters to take notice and then setup this follow up live event trevors group is talking about on their site.

humanic
10-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Hmmm. Yeah, the day before that article came out I read this one saying that all but Barr were in.

http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/10/15/c-span-to-cover-nader-mckinney-baldwin-debate/

C-SPAN will broadcast the October 19 debate between Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney, and Chuck Baldwin, although it is not yet known if it will be broadcast live. The debate will be Sunday evening, October 19, at Columbia University in New York city. The moderator will be Amy Goodman of Pacifica Radio. It is possible that Pacifica Radio will also broadcast it. The debate is sponsored by Free and Equal Elections, whose webpage is www.freeandequal.org.

Bob Barr declined to participate because he is scheduled to speak somewhere else that evening. According to this MSNBC story of October 14, he will be campaigning at colleges in Ohio and Virginia during the period October 14-23.

scandinaviany3
10-17-2008, 09:47 AM
maybe then we need to reward whoever shows up on trevors event with a good donation level to send a message to the media that we must have debates and other candidates and they need to follow them instead of doing hit jobs on people all the time. They could have always helped get live feeds for everyone if they really cared for the thirdparty's.

Maybe if those rewarded candidates get a good donation level then Trevor can pull together a live event and the major media would take notice.

We have so little time left sure wouldnt hurt to drop 10 dollars to 20 dollars from all those 50k people listed on the visit list on his www.thirdpartyticket.com

That would take notice to have 500k to 1 million for an online event.

I would think no matter what that this would get the medias attention.

scandinaviany3
10-18-2008, 09:49 PM
This free and equal group is trying again it looks like to launch a debate under their banner.

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/10/another-pdate-on-third-party-presidential-debate-proposals/

But i dont get how? :confused:

Barr is at georgia tech on the 23rd. Baldwin is in Missouri on the 23rd.

Nader is in colorado the night before so i guess he could get to DC.

Then if Cynthia is Atlanta then maybe at least Nader and Cynthia could debate.

But just as likely another crash and burn for this group waiting to happen.

Would be nice if the candidates and campaigns would make their own debate and stop this crash and burn thing from happening again by free and equal.

It makes the greens, CP, LP, Nader team look bad as a whole having someone constantly getting these messages posted, press club reservations, etc.