PDA

View Full Version : Hardball with Chris Matthews.

specsaregood
09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Matthews said he likes alot about what Ron Paul says.

The Talking Head guest said "Ron Paul supporters win internet polls, but aren't the kind of people that will stand in the rain to vote on primary day" or very close to that. Yeah, RIGHT.

ross11988
09-06-2007, 05:17 PM
The CFR/Operation Mockingbird gates are being broke by the second

brumans
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
He never said stand in the rain. He roughly said "Ron Paul typically wins in the online polls after the debate, but his supporters don't seem to be the ones that are standing in line for the primaries or the caucuses. For that reason, I don't think he will win the republican nomination.

Seems fair to me.. I mean, we aren't doing good in the polls yet. This is essential for our victory. If the primaries were held today we surely would not win. We still have a lot of work to do, and now is the time.

Tuck
09-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Everybody email Chris Matthews and ask him to have Ron Paul on as a guest, the email is hardball@msnbc.com

Badger Paul
09-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Gee I stood in 96 degree heat in Ames with an RP sign, what kind of person does that make me?

Idiots all.

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
The Talking Head guest said "Ron Paul supporters win internet polls, but aren't the kind of people that will stand in the rain to vote on primary day" or very close to that. Yeah, RIGHT.

Excuse me, but I recall during the Drake debate rally is was raining when I got to the rally area at 4 pm and when the major part of the storm blew through with gusting winds, driving rain, and lightning all about there was about 50 RP supporters still rallying and where were the 10 Rudy supporters and the 15 Mitt supporters? In their cars driving home.

Shink
09-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Exact wording:

Mathews: Let me ask you about Ron Paul, I'm sorry. I heard he got applause last night, he's antiwar, he thinks the neocons got us in this whole thing, I like a lot of what he says. Is he-a stand f'r-a chunk of Republican thinking?

Other guy: He tends to win the internet voting right after a debate. But those people are not the ones who stand in line to vote in a primary or go to a caucus. So I don't think that Ron Paul is going to be the Republican nominee.

fletcher
09-06-2007, 05:28 PM
We are exactly the people that vote in the primaries. We are excited about the candidate. We donate our money and our time to the campaign. None of the other candidates excite anyone. They have name recognition, and that isn't enough to get people to vote for you in the primaries.

hard@work
09-06-2007, 06:07 PM
He needs to air a rebuttal to that.

>:(

jpa
09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
emailed.

If you read or posted on this thread, and didn't email Chris Matthews, shame on you!

Perry
09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I'll stand in the rain any freaking day of the week.

angelatc
09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
We are exactly the people that vote in the primaries..

I hate to be a naysayer, but typically young people don't vote in the primaries.

Hopefully this time will be different, but history isn't on our side.

Madison
09-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Chris Matthews prefers to ask neocon idiots what they think about RP, but doesn't bring RP on his show and talk to himself. He's a loser and not worth the attention.

thewhammy
09-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Chris Matthews prefers to ask neocon idiots what they think about RP, but doesn't bring RP on his show and talk to himself. He's a loser and not worth the attention.
To be fair, did you even see the exchange?

The topic wasn't about Paul at all. Matthews brought up the question and posed it in a very favorable way toward Paul, saying he liked what he had to say.

We can predict what a neocon like Card would say, but still.

Matthews brought him up, got him name exposure, and referenced him positively. The fact that a Bush crony (politely) said he won't win the nomination is outweighed by the positives here.

Geronimo
09-06-2007, 07:19 PM
emailed.

If you read or posted on this thread, and didn't email Chris Matthews, shame on you!

Emailed as well.