PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff on CNN NewsRoom 10/15/08 Great Interview! **YOUTUBE**

nbruno322
10-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Peter Schiff on CNN NewsRoom 10/15/08 Great Interview!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-sbp0y8c-s

Subscribe to my channel and check out my favorites for more great vids!

Malakai
10-16-2008, 05:00 PM
He said on wall st unspun he had many interviews today too.

Oh that other guy is a retard. An econ professor too, sigh.

Bruno
10-16-2008, 05:07 PM
I've seen him hold up that Zimbabwe dollar on like four interviews so far. lol. It's pretty effective, though, and more people are getting exposed to Peter because he's on like crazy lately.

RPDelegate
10-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I've seen him hold up that Zimbabwe dollar on like four interviews so far. lol. It's pretty effective, though, and more people are getting exposed to Peter because he's on like crazy lately.

He's on like crazy because the MSM needs someone that opposes what the government is doing, and Peter is the only economist that opposes it that is willing to make himself readily available for these interviews. Plus it's like free advertising for his company.

polomertz
10-16-2008, 05:24 PM
This was on the 14th.

nbruno322
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Someone please youtube his appearance on CNBC and Glenn Beck today. I missed them... Thanks!

Theocrat
10-16-2008, 05:39 PM
They were scoffing and laughing at Peter Schiff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfascZSTU4o) two years ago about his prediction of a coming financial collapse, and look what has happened. Today, we're in the midst of a financial crisis, just as Schiff foresaw. These media shills will never learn from history, as the old saying goes, "Ignorance is bliss." Keep speaking the truth, Pete!

max
10-16-2008, 06:15 PM
i loved peter, as usual

...but having to listen to that other ass clown (and the host is dumb ---- too) really got my blood pressure boiling. Remember Professor Pointyhead from "The Great Tomato Bubble?"....thats him!

www.tomatobubble.com

slacker921
10-16-2008, 06:33 PM

I got 5 of them in the mail today.. I'm 1/2 a trillionaire!

.... it's sad that they ALWAYS have somebody on to argue with him. They don't just put him on like they do the proponents of the bailout and Fed (who go on air unopposed).

slacker921
10-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Someone please youtube his appearance on CNBC and Glenn Beck today. I missed them... Thanks!

on CNBC (again with someone to argue with him.. sigh)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-kR82_ydM

ItsTime
10-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I got 5 of them in the mail today.. I'm 1/2 a trillionaire!

.... it's sad that they ALWAYS have somebody on to argue with him. They don't just put him on like they do the proponents of the bailout and Fed (who go on air unopposed).

Hold on to it. I was thinking about getting a half a trillion to. Just think if they keep their currency and their economy turns around! lol

cska80
10-16-2008, 07:09 PM
What a jackass that Jeremy economic poser is. What good are all the government protections on the economy when the government is broke? He fundamentally doesn't understand the concept of monetary policy and lives in this fantasy land where the United States is beyond ignorance and mistake, where we can print as much money as we want, the rest of the world won't care, and we'll all live in $500,000 houses which we use as ATM machines to buy cheap goods from China. That's his productive economy.

kidal25
10-16-2008, 07:20 PM
it's o.k. when it all comes down. people will start listening.

Swmorgan77
10-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Did everyone catch the CNBC Interview on the 14, it was truly awesome. They did their best to contain Peter by having the moderator argue for him from a nebulous, moderated position but he managed to still get in his diggs at the end.

At the end of the interview he cut off the guy about how we had a depression because we tried to "let the free market work" and Peter just interrepted him, called him out an said he needed to reread his history and that we DID intervene, which is true.

http://www.europac.net/Schiff-CNBC-10-14-08_lg.asp

Swmorgan77
10-16-2008, 09:29 PM
it's o.k. when it all comes down. people will start listening.

I hope you're right, but history shows that there are far too many who turn to intervention in the form of "strong, forceful leadership" based around charismatic, worshipped public figures in times like this.

Enter: Obama

CzargwaR
10-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Economic forces are pushing for a deflation because they want to save the dollar. Deflation encourages savings since your money becomes more valuable over time. Assets (stocks etc...)are overpriced so people are getting rid of them. Stronger dollar would not only encourage our nations savings, but also encourage foreign investors to dump their fiat currency for our strong dollar again.

But...... everything the government and the fed are doing is against these forces

Liquidity problems? I don't think so, companies with cash, those remaining to be profitable are sound, they will stand. Others relying on debt to stay alive should never even exist - should go bankrupt, or start selling the hell out of their assets because they are obviously not using them effectively - Our Gov't is one of those institutions. High interest rates will wipe out the bad companies - the risky companies - so banks will know who they can safely lend money to - it will be those companies that are still standing after.

But again... no ... no... government needs to save themselves. Inflation benefits the spenders, and hurts the savers ; it's opposite with deflation. Since they have the power, we bought gold to protect ourselves from their insanity.

Who will win; market? or Gov't?

Market scenario is painful but fair and positive in the long run.

Second scenario is more painful, unfair, and more destructive in the long run..

fr33domfightr
10-16-2008, 11:45 PM
If the economy was to straighten out, then I'm pretty sure Peter Schiff would admit he was wrong. Conversely, if he's right, I want to see every jack ass who was arguing with him to publically apologize to the News Network and the American People for being such an ass and admit their economics eduction and thinking is seriously flawed!!! In addition, if Peter is proven correct, I want all these jack asses to admit fiat currency is not the proper way to run an economy, and admit that having a hard currency is superior.

FF