PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a REASONABLE explanation re why OIL/GOLD are DOWN?

wgadget
10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm soooo confused.

:confused:

aleix1979
10-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Must be because of the credit contraction.

powerofreason
10-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Must be because of the credit contraction.

hi

nate895
10-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Oil is down because it went well-above it's correlation to gold, and there is a glut in supply because several oil refineries were shut down due to hurricanes, while oil drills, for the most part, kept right on pumping.

Gold is down because investors are selling paper gold to cover margin calls.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
10-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Commodities got wiped out across the board today probably because funds were liquidating their commodity index positions. A big fund got wiped out today. The 15th of each month is redemption day where funds have to raise cash to pay their subscribers.

RonPaulMania
10-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Here's a simple answer: we don't know and no one can reasonable predict the future. I've heard Schiff say the Dow was going to hit 2,000 in 2002, and I've heard others say the market is going to rebound.

Here is what I know, the market is in trouble, how commodities fare is really none of our business because we don't know what the power brokers do behind closed doors. It's all speculation. If you like speculation speculate, if not don't.

Oil will go down through the election and probably rise. That's my prediction.

Oyate
10-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Metals are UP in small quantities! Have you looked at Ebay lately? It really depends where you are looking. Big buyers can still get close to spot. We're talking like the big bars of silver, not your coins.

Some say this is a decoupling of COMEX/NYMEX versus the street. The exchanges are marking to model, but the street is marking to market. This maybe because us simple lack of availability of minted metals.....

I've heard Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice's point made many times over the past 8 months. It seems very plausible.

Also plausible is the suggestion that we've gone from being the lowest-savings-rate nation to the highest in just months.

However, the very coupling of gold/silver seems illogical to me. In itself this smacks of manipulation.

And for a while now, the metals have risen and fallen in direct inversion to the DOW. What happened this time? What's happening now?

Many researchers have long said gold is manipulated. Common sense and my observations tell me this is so.

aleix1979
10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
"Many researchers have long said gold is manipulated. Common sense and my observations tell me this is so. "

I also think so.

nodope0695
10-16-2008, 05:05 PM
I'd hazzard a guess and say oil is down to passify the public and ease tension over the "credit crisis." It makes it seem as if things are getting better.

Not that I'm complaining about gas that at $2.97/gallon here in southern MD.:D:cool::rolleyes:;):)

itshappening
10-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Re: GOLD manipulation

http://www.gata.org/goldrush21

watch those videos, this was from 2005

notice he says 'we know it's manipulated as during a real crisis Gold falls..' very interesting.

constituent
10-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Also plausible is the suggestion that we've gone from being the lowest-savings-rate nation to the highest in just months.

profound importance. thanks oyate.