PDA

View Full Version : Armed Private Guards...?

Patriot123
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
So I was walking home today when all of the sudden I see these armed security guards with an armored truck. One of those armored vehicles which banks use to transport money. Now I thought nothing of this until I saw that they were armed with what looked like colts. Now obviously these people weren't federal agents. They weren't even close to federal. They were clearly people hired by a corporation. So my question is this: How is it that these people are permitted to carry weapons in public without being anything even remotely close to federal, just so that they can protect banks, when our own government doesn't even permit its own citizens the right to arm themselves without limitations? Note how this is in the state of New Jersey which as far as I'm aware is one of the most restrictive states in terms of gun control. Is there, like... a specific act that grants armored vehicle drivers their entire second amendment whereas it bars us from our own rights?

decatren
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
They may have beefed up weapons since its alot riskier to transport now then it was 6 months ago. Alot of people lost out.

1000-points-of-fright
10-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Why do you think that only feds get to carry weapons in public? The local sheriff or PD aren't federal either, but they have weapons. Some security companies have armed guards.

Armored cars carrying large quantities of cash usually have armed guards. They would be irresponsible if they didn't.

Also, "Colts" is pretty vague. Pistols? Rifles?

Patriot123
10-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Yes, but my point is that banks are permitted to be protected via armed guards yet the general public is not entitled to that same protection. These are regular, average people who have their entire second amendment. We have less than half. Banks and the wealth of corporations < the general public of America.

And pistols. Looked basically like this, not that it quite matters, but: http://world.guns.ru/handguns/1911_sti_colt_custom.jpg

1000-points-of-fright
10-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I guess I'm just wondering why seeing these armed guards produced this reaction from you. Why don't you think of this whenever you see the local cops?

Kacey
10-16-2008, 04:11 PM
@OP, you make a great point. This is usually the first place that people who have never had a feeling on weapons have the "break through" moment.

Things to think about, like the poster above me stated, now that you are seeing it this way take a look at all of the other people who have their full second amendment rights.

I have an opinion on these things that goes like this; that to better argue against the norm you must first understand the logic (even if its failed logic) behind norm.

RedLightning
10-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Well it really depends on your state but you can open carry, there is no Federal Law against it.

mediahasyou
10-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Arm yourself. Hire arms.

To be safe, in the future more people will be hiring protection when our state of affairs gets worse.

brandon
10-17-2008, 10:34 AM
NJ allows open carry (and concealed carry) with a permit.

http://opencarry.org/nj.html

cheapseats
10-17-2008, 12:57 PM
l

BLACKWATER
Have Gun, Will Travel

Patriot123
10-17-2008, 02:39 PM
NJ allows open carry (and concealed carry) with a permit.

http://opencarry.org/nj.html

Doesn't say that they can be open carried in the general public - just in cars and such.

brandon
10-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Doesn't say that they can be open carried in the general public - just in cars and such.

Open carry means carrying in the general public.

mediahasyou
10-17-2008, 03:36 PM
l

BLACKWATER
Have Gun, Will Travel
lol.