PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of a Revolution...

micahnelson
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
... without an educated populace.

If we were to fight and win a revolution, then what?

If we restored constitutional government and put power back in the hands of the same citizenry we have today- they would quickly give power back to the government.

If we withheld constitutional law until the people were "ready", then we are no different than any other revolutionary despot.

If, however, the people are educated- a revolution would have great impact.

One step further, if we could educate people- an uprising would not be necessary. A revolution would occur in the minds and voting booths- not the streets.

For the sake of peace, please understand we cannot have a free country without people willing to live free. Violence is only for self defense against violence.

jkm1864
10-16-2008, 03:06 PM
You can educate them all You want but unless the people are moral You are not going to get anywhere. Use Africa as an example its full of heartless warlords that rise and fall every five minutes. The people in this country will not fight because they can't even get off the couch to change the channel they need a remote. People here would more than likely starve to death than fight back. I'll give the blacks one thing when they feel wronged they come together but they fail to attack the right target instead they beat up on poor truck drivers instead of corrupt leaders.

Mortikhi
10-16-2008, 03:09 PM
If there were a revolution, I don't think any of us would have to worry about a centralized government in our lifetime.

Scofield
10-16-2008, 03:11 PM
How can you educate the masses if they refuse to listen?

We are in a losing battle.

PaulineDisciple
10-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Bingo, that is exactly the point I make with people as well as the point that jkm1864 said about they have to be a moral people. I homeschool for these exact same reasons. We need to raise the kind of generation that we want to see. Look it up, the Marxists have used the government education in this country to achieve what they could have never achieved without hi-jacking our education system.

AbolishTheGovt
10-16-2008, 03:15 PM

If we restored constitutional government and put power back in the hands of the same citizenry we have today- they would quickly give power back to the government.

If we withheld constitutional law until the people were "ready", then we are no different than any other revolutionary despot.

One step further, if we could educate people- an uprising would not be necessary. A revolution would occur in the minds and voting booths- not the streets.

For the sake of peace, please understand we cannot have a free country without people willing to live free. Violence is only for self defense against violence.

Or we could abolish coercive government and not replace it with another coercive government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchocapitalism

PaulineDisciple
10-16-2008, 03:20 PM
I'll give the blacks one thing when they feel wronged they come together but they fail to attack the right target instead they beat up on poor truck drivers instead of corrupt leaders.

Here is one black gentleman that isn't afraid to beat up corrupt leaders, verbally that is:

http://www.actsofarandomthought.com/Video.html

Check it out!

dr. hfn
10-16-2008, 04:08 PM
education is our most valuable tool. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE...

made mailing lists of friends, family, meetup groups, senators, media, reps & email them at least once a week.

subscribe your family and friends to: idaho observer, american free press, republic magazine, reason magazine

Send your friends and family and Representative and Senators books and faxes: "The Revolution: A Manifesto", "Common Sense: Revisited", "The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot"...etc...

I plan on making a "Liberty Section" for my high school, I will send them Revolutionary War flags, books, magazine subscriptions, especially Ludwig von Mises books

Mattsa
10-16-2008, 04:22 PM

Freedom or slavery

It's as simple as that.

The contrived, manufactured, planned, economic crisis that is going on right now, across the world, is nothing less than the asset stripping of the American people, and people in other countries.

I fear there will not be a peaceful resolution.

The people responsible for there crimes are socipaths and psychopaths.

They care NOTHING for people.

Look at what has happened in Iceland. There are only 300,000 people in Iceland. 10 years ago, they were, per capita, the wealthiest people on the planet. At the beginning of this week their currency, the Icelandic Krona, lost 94% of its value in a single day. The people have effectively been reduced to serfdom by the recklessness of their banking system and their government in 24 hours. Ther currency has been rendered worthless. They depend on imported goods for their survival.

America and the UK are potentially facing a similar fate.

We have 2 choices.

1. Bend over and have our national flags rammed up our respective assholes

2. Remove the perpetrators form power.

I'm afraid it's as simple as that.

Just pray the US armed forces will side with the people, not the government.

The system is going to collapse. The only thing that keeps insolvent governments in power is 'confidence.' The confidence is GONE. No matter what Paulson and Bernanke do, the system is broken. They WANT it broken. THEY DESIGNED THIS DISASTER.

As for Bush......God help him when the American people get their hands on him.

constituent
10-16-2008, 04:57 PM
If there were a revolution, I don't think any of us would have to worry about a centralized government in our lifetime.

the revolution would become the new government, and be as bad or worse than the one it replaced.

micahnelson
10-16-2008, 05:05 PM
How can you educate the masses if they refuse to listen?

We are in a losing battle.

How can you have a government "Of the People", if the People refuse to participate?

mediahasyou
10-16-2008, 05:52 PM
No libertarian, constitutional society has ever come through the ballot box.

Revolutions are far greater education tools for the populace sees revolutionaries are ready to risk life for it.

Politics are boring. But a full fledged revolution is worthy of the theater.

People need to gain through the revolution. That can be http://agorism.info. People listen when their self-interests are at hand.

dr. hfn
10-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Education is our most important tool. If we can educate the People then we can achieve the
R3VOLUTION'S goals and then keep it that way.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. LOOK AT WHAT I DID, POSTED ON 1ST PAGE OF THREAD.

micahnelson
10-16-2008, 06:39 PM
No libertarian, constitutional society has ever come through the ballot box.

Revolutions are far greater education tools for the populace sees revolutionaries are ready to risk life for it.

Politics are boring. But a full fledged revolution is worthy of the theater.

People need to gain through the revolution. That can be http://agorism.info. People listen when their self-interests are at hand.

Politics are boring, but violence- that is fun.

tpreitzel
10-16-2008, 07:04 PM
The people responsible for there crimes are socipaths and psychopaths.

Right. Most Americans can't even fathom that many of their leaders are psychopaths. The book, Political Ponerology, by Andrew M. Lobaczewski should be read by every American and person on earth who are concerned for their freedom. Why hasn't GW Bush's medical records been released?

http://www.ponerology.com/