PDA

View Full Version : Bush talks.... Stocks drop....

UtahApocalypse
10-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Just like clockwork. Stocks were up about +80 when I woke up, now Bush is speaking and 5 mins in its now -62 and sliding :D

ItsTime
10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I was like "when you woke up?!" Damn you sleep in... then I saw your location lol

FindLiberty
10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Yea, like clockwork! Clinton was a much better lier.

Bush should keep quiet, it'll scare the wabbits.

Razmear
10-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Because I'm so sick of politicians pretending that they know how the economy works, I used the Yahoo Portfolio tool to make my own STFU index to track the market. Yes in the hopes that Bush and the rest of the morons will just STFU and let the markets adjust on their own.

The stocks listed are a simple cross section of US buisnesses.

Sears (SHLD) Used to be just S
AT&T (T)
Ford (F)
UPS (UPS)
Then to balance it a bit I added
CitiBank (C)
YUM Industries (YUM) Which is Taco Bell, KFC and a bunch of other fast food and soft drink companies.

I list them with the mnemonic "Christ, Shut The F**k Up You moron."

All the stocks are base lined at 100 shares at the close price on 12/31/07

So how is it doing?

http://razmear.us/stfu1.jpg

A bit more realistic than the DOW, huh.

I don't have a method to live graph the STFU index, but it should be easy enough to recreate on your own, and feel free to link to the pic if you want, I got tons of bandwidth.

eb

TastyWheat
10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
He's doing this on purpose. What the hell does he have to say? "We're with the government, we're here to screw you."

cska80
10-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Stocks are now up, again. I think we're going to see either a huge plunge right before the bell or no movement whatsoever by the end of the day and another plunge tomorrow.