PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else happy?

rrcamp
10-16-2008, 02:52 AM
I will say this before anyone else has to: I am a horrible human being. HORRIBLE.

Now that it's out of the way, is anyone else happy that all these ignorant, lazy, arrogent people are getting screwed?

There are HUGE parts of our population who could never find the effort to get off their asses and learn some shit about the world around them.

There are HUGE parts of the country who called people like Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and many of us in these forums CRAZY for our attempts to alert them to the danger.

There are HUGE parts of this country who think it's their right to have whatever they want, whenever they want, without working for it, but at the expense of others - and other nations. And when they get into trouble, it's always somebody else's fault: the government, their financial advisor, their neighbor who didn't clean the ice from his walkway... personal responsibility is dead.

Lastly - and sadly - there is a HUGE part of this country that is nothing like what I described above. These are the people who are working their asses off for next to nothing, saving what little they can, and generally carrying the others on their backs. The saddest part of this event is that it's these people who will get hit the hardest.

...so I guess I'm not so happy anymore.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
10-16-2008, 02:59 AM
I fully support anything that wreaks havoc on this fantasy that is the amerikan dream and way of life. Unfortunately, it's again bringing the wrong people to power, the wrong people to the chopping block, and the wrong ideas to bear on mainstream minds.

rrcamp
10-16-2008, 03:02 AM
You're right. I recently saw some polls that showed most Americans now support the bailout plan, want more regulation, more government protections...

..we're heading in the wrong direction entirely. Perhaps the only hope is that when things get MUCH worse, it will break this trend somehow.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
10-16-2008, 03:04 AM
You're right. I recently saw some polls that showed most Americans now support the bailout plan, want more regulation, more government protections...

..we're heading in the wrong direction entirely. Perhaps the only hope is that when things get MUCH worse, it will break this trend somehow.Those polls are quite likely to be completely falsified, though. Many center-left and center-right people I know are equally turned off by the bailout, even with little understanding of its ramifications.

tremendoustie
10-16-2008, 03:05 AM
No, I don't enjoy the suffering of people, even if they're willfully lazy, ignorant, and/or brainwashed.

I do enjoy the end of a scheme that facilitates systematic abuse and theft. It remains to be seen, however, if it will be propped up for another while, if we'll get something worse, or if we'll get something better.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
10-16-2008, 03:11 AM
No, I don't enjoy the suffering of people, even if they're willfully lazy, ignorant, and/or brainwashed.If a person who claims that Obama is an Arab, or wants to blow up Iran but can't point it out on the map let alone understand the significance of Mossadeq's overthrow is able to vote on who governs me, then they deserve whatever suffering comes their way.

A population that's allowed to grow ignorant and complacent is doomed to suffer, and only the razor of impending tyranny will keep them sharp.

rrcamp
10-16-2008, 03:13 AM
A population that's allowed to grow ignorant and complacent is doomed to suffer, and only the razor of impending tyranny will keep them sharp.

Damn.. you come up with that yourself or borrow it from somebody? You should sell that on t-shirts...

sevin
10-16-2008, 06:35 AM
I know this one guy who's kind of an a-hole. He drives a BMW, has a 52" flat screen TV, a fancy refrigerator and furniture, etc. Turns out he's about $100,000 in debt. In a way I'm glad people like him who live beyond their means and think it's okay are about to get what they deserve.

I just wish we didn't all have to suffer for their mistakes. :(

Austin
10-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Yes, I am happy.

That I attribute that to the fact that your bear cavalry avatar is awesome.

acptulsa
10-16-2008, 06:43 AM
I am happy to see so many, many more people than before engaging in long-term thinking.

I am sad we don't have more of them in office. I am hopeful we can improve on that.

I am trying to be patient with the people who are carrying so much on their shoulders for being to busy to pay attention to politics. I have no sympathy for those who are now eating Tums like candy while they try to find a way to keep living beyond their means.

I am not overly distressed by the stumbling blocks in our path. Some were foreseen, some were not. But the fact that we're stumbling over them means we're finally trying to move en masse in the right direction--and I love it!

Mortikhi
10-16-2008, 06:51 AM
I will say this before anyone else has to: I am a horrible human being. HORRIBLE.

Now that it's out of the way, is anyone else happy that all these ignorant, lazy, arrogent people are getting screwed?

There are HUGE parts of our population who could never find the effort to get off their asses and learn some shit about the world around them.

There are HUGE parts of the country who called people like Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and many of us in these forums CRAZY for our attempts to alert them to the danger.

There are HUGE parts of this country who think it's their right to have whatever they want, whenever they want, without working for it, but at the expense of others - and other nations. And when they get into trouble, it's always somebody else's fault: the government, their financial advisor, their neighbor who didn't clean the ice from his walkway... personal responsibility is dead.

Lastly - and sadly - there is a HUGE part of this country that is nothing like what I described above. These are the people who are working their asses off for next to nothing, saving what little they can, and generally carrying the others on their backs. The saddest part of this event is that it's these people who will get hit the hardest.

They're called baby boomers.

rrcamp
10-16-2008, 06:54 AM
One thing I think we can all agree on is that if this crisis never came about, our movement would have a much steeper slope to scale. It's a lot easier to get people thinking about trillion dollar debts and the cost of foreign wars when they can see the results firsthand.

Plus, if all their TVs get repo'ed, then maybe they'll stop watching the MSM and pick up a well placed book from a friend ;-)

Conza88
10-16-2008, 07:00 AM
One thing I think we can all agree on is that if this crisis never came about, our movement would have a much steeper slope to scale. It's a lot easier to get people thinking about trillion dollar debts and the cost of foreign wars when they can see the results firsthand.

Plus, if all their TVs get repo'ed, then maybe they'll stop watching the MSM and pick up a well placed book from a friend ;-)

If the "terrorists" were smart... they'd do that. And not target buildings... ;)

constituent
10-16-2008, 09:08 AM

thank you for this post.

hopeforamerica
10-16-2008, 09:11 AM
While I understand how you feel, I'm not happy at all. My family, and especially my little daughter, will suffer for other people's ignorance. We worked hard, and continue to work hard to educate others, but in the end my daughter's future is severely compromised. That makes me lose sleep.

constituent
10-16-2008, 09:13 AM
While I understand how you feel, I'm not happy at all. My family, and especially my little daughter, will suffer for other people's ignorance. We worked hard, and continue to work hard to educate others, but in the end my daughter's future is severely compromised. That makes me lose sleep.

the world is ups and downs, we're on a down right now... that's all.

her future is still ok as long as you're willing to fight for it.

oh yea, and ride the next bubble up (and sell out before the bust.)

jkm1864
10-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Yes I am tired of these damn Nazis in American colors. I am looking forward to the crap hitting the fan literally then the lines will finally be drawn.

jkm1864
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
They're called baby boomers.

You are so right only about a third of the people in this country actually pays taxes the rest get the free ride. I can't wait for true freedom when the lazy sobs get the freedom to starve to death. You know I think its sad looking at those pictures of all those people in Nevada with no homes... Where is their fucking help? Oh wait they made to much the previous fucking year to get help.

Ninja Homer
10-16-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm definitely not happy that people are suffering and will be suffering. However, I am happy that so many people are waking up to the fact that the government no longer serves them, and that many people want to do something about it.

I've had a lot of people come up to me recently, who were former Obama or McCain supporters, and tell me how much they wish that they had somebody else to vote for, like Ron Paul. They all know that I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and many of them laughed at me previously for supporting him.

Some people need a broken nose before they realize they're in a fight.
Some people need to hit rock bottom before they realize the government has been stealing their money for years, taken away their rights, and basically made them slaves.

If things continued as they had been, all these people would have continued to give the government half their wealth every year, and they would have just thought that's the way it was supposed to be. TPTB got too greedy, and their actions are awakening those patriots who have been sleeping.

All it takes to change a government is about 5-10% of the adult population to stand up together and do something about it. Can you imagine a million people in DC at a peaceful but armed rally demanding real change? Real governmental changes would come in a hurry.

I'm not happy that it had to come to this, but I'm happy about the changes I see coming in the near future. US citizens and big government have been battling each other for a long time, even if most US citizens weren't aware of it, and now something's gotta give, and it isn't going to be US citizens, because they're already backed into a corner... big government has to give, or they will be overthrown in bloody revolution.

fr33domfightr
10-16-2008, 10:42 AM
I don't think it's a good thing when people are or could be potentially losing a lifetime of savings.

When people see the evening news and all the guests say, "we need this bailiout," what do you think viewers will believe? Individual's financial advisors tell them the same thing, so this just reinforces what they've already heard on the news. It's no wonder they believe it. After all, those people are supposed to be the "experts." There are a lot more middle class folks than those who profited during the housing bubble.

If there's any positive thing to come from this, after a crash, those same people will be in a mindset to re-evaluate the information from the so-called "experts." They'll be open to anyone who at least seemed to explain what was going to happen, even though they were told not to listen to them.

Edit: If things get really bad, I think we'll have the best chance ever to get rid of the Federal Reserve.

FF