PDA

View Full Version : RNC Chairman Battle:Time to Activate the Ron Paul Forces

New York For Paul
10-15-2008, 10:52 PM
If McCain gets defeated, Ron Paul forces need to organize and support candidates for RNC chairman.

Other positions will be up for election as well.

Who should we nominate?

james1844
10-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Good call. After McCain looses there may be lots room in the party for new blood.

Jeremy
10-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh, and... Garry Johnson 2012!

Kotin
10-15-2008, 11:17 PM
I nominate llepard.

BeFranklin
10-16-2008, 12:16 AM
I nominate llepard.

Seconded :)

Texan4Life
10-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I nominate llepard.

I third the L

GunnyFreedom
10-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Motion to nominate Llepard is on the floor. Vote to favor or oppose: I vote 'Aye"

RonPaulFanInGA
10-16-2008, 12:55 AM
If McCain loses and the democrats gain 20-30 house seats as expected, I say we lobby hard the 175 (or whatever the number will be) remaining U.S. House republicans to make Ron Paul the House minority leader.

If McCain wins, no chance. But if Obama becomes president and with big democrat majorities in the House and Senate, they may just be tempted to mix things up and try Ron Paul as their leader.

Austin
10-16-2008, 06:19 AM
We have to start from the bottom. I spoke with someone regarding advancement in the Republican party, all the way up the RNC. Here is a quick excerpt that demonstrates just how important becoming a precinct leader is, both for the party and for the CFL.

As you know, voters elect precinct committeemen every four years in the Primary Election (or if no one runs, the county chairman can appoint committeemen)…… Precinct committeemen and their vice committeemen elect the Republican County Officers (Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary & Treasurer)……The County Chairman and Vice Chairman elect the four District Officers……..The District Chairman and Vice Chairman elect the four state officers. The District Chairmen and Vice Chairmen from all nine congressional districts make up the State Central Committee along with the State Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer. The National Committeeman and National Committeewoman are non-voting members of the State Committee.

ceakins
10-16-2008, 06:21 AM
We have to start from the bottom. I spoke with someone regarding advancement in the Republican party, all the way up the RNC. Here is a quick excerpt that demonstrates just how important becoming a precinct leader is, both for the party and for the CFL.

This must vary, because it's every 2 years in Washington State.

Austin
10-16-2008, 06:24 AM
This must vary, because it's every 2 years in Washington State.

I wouldn't be surprised if my source put the wrong amount of years.. I would think they would hold elections every 2 years, similar to the gubernatorial and U.S. House elections.

werdd
10-16-2008, 06:34 AM
I third the L

I 4rd the lep

New York For Paul
10-16-2008, 06:54 AM
This will be just like 1992 and 1993. The party will be leaderless.

The National Committeemen and National Committeewomen will vote for a new RNC chairman. It will no longer be appointed by the president.

You can bet that people are positioning themselves for a run right now.

There will be all types running from liberal Republican to Conservative Republican to Ron Paul Republican.

The lobbyists and inside the beltway types will be promoting their favorite candidates.

There are many monetary contracts at stake with the RNC so many of the high powered media consultants will be getting behind certain candidates.

Matt Collins
10-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Bruce Fein