PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart just gave Ron Paul a plug

devil21
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
After talking about how Obama and McCain are basically full of shit, Stewart said "I wish we had a viable 3rd party candidate this election.....RON PAUL 08!!" and then cut to commercial.

blocks
10-15-2008, 11:57 PM
just saw it...I wasn't really paying attention until he shouted out "Ron Paul 08"

BeFranklin
10-16-2008, 12:12 AM
just saw it...I wasn't really paying attention until he shouted out "Ron Paul 08"

It isn't too late to protest the FEC on widespread manipulation and fraud in the primaries. Since most of the money came from wallstreet in those primaries, and what is happening now, and what Ron Paul's message has been, its pretty clear what the motive, means, and result was.

A large scale protesting to the FEC right now with lots of noise might wake up a lot of people faster. Better to wake up before everything gets worse.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Ron Paul, by far, would have been the most viable third party candidate since Ross Perot in 1992.

Oh why didn't you run, Ron?

berrybunches
10-16-2008, 01:52 AM
I think he did not run becuase it took too much out of him. Remember the day after he dropped out? He was on Morning Joe and he looked so vibrant and healthy that day in a way we hadn't seen him in awhile, I think it is just too much stress.

Hell, look at a picture of RP a year ago and compare it to now...he has aged. Also, think about what his family would have been put through. The local GOP is cut throat, we all know, just think about national...I am sure you get death threats and everything and with Paul shouting to end the fed, IRS and bring all the troops home..well, it probably is just not safe.
All that aside, I really would have loved him to run also but I think these were his reasons and that they are valid.

Knightskye
10-16-2008, 02:36 AM
EDIT: Found it!

Go here:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/index.jhtml

Scroll down and click the "Indecision 2008: Pander Auction" clip. Skip to about 6:55, unless you want to watch the whole thing.

They show a clip of some guy offering $1 million for some guy's wife. Now why would that make him think of Ron Paul? :D

Malakai
10-16-2008, 04:23 AM
His wife got sick and stuff too, he could only take it so far.

I'm very glad we have him in congress.

He started the movement for most of us, up to us to keep it going and support candidates. He is still leading through C4L, moreso than during the primaries I think. We've had a huge impact on media coverage and IMO general opinion of the bailouts.

He is still right in your face on the news a few times a week explaining how your getting raped by these bailouts and coming inflation.

xd9fan
10-16-2008, 06:10 AM
too little too late

Lafayette
10-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Sweet!

Tube?

angelatc
10-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Sweet!

Tube?

Comedy Central aggressively polices YouTube for their clips. It's not worth the effort to convert it, edit it and upload it.

constituent
10-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Ron Paul, by far, would have been the most viable third party candidate since Ross Perot in 1992.

if we're to guess, i would say that he didn't run third party b/c it was never his intention to actually.... you know, run for president.

the campaign was a fundraiser that got dangerously big, and once it became clear that if they weren't careful they might actually get somewhere, it was systematically f*d off.

controlled demolition, inside job, all the catch-phrases.

(what, no strategy to deal w/ the newsletter media backlash?)

(what, no attempts to organize support at the precinct level until waaaaaay too late?)

(what, lack of proper oversight of campaign employees from the bottom-up?)

(what, non-existent/ineffective campaign in iowa? new hampshire?)

...just a guess though, let the stone casting commence.

amonasro
10-16-2008, 10:07 AM
if we're to guess, i would say that he didn't run third party b/c it was never his intention to actually.... you know, run for president.

the campaign was a fundraiser that got dangerously big, and once it became clear that if they weren't careful they might actually get somewhere, it was systematically f*d off.

controlled demolition, inside job, all the catch-phrases.

(what, no strategy to deal w/ the newsletter media backlash?)

(what, no attempts to organize support at the precinct level until waaaaaay too late?)

(what, lack of proper oversight of campaign employees from the bottom-up?)

(what, non-existent/ineffective campaign in iowa? new hampshire?)

...just a guess though, let the stone casting commence.

...I think the simplest explanation is the correct one. And you are correct until the "inside job" theory. Unless you were a fly on the wall of the campaign every day, there is not enough evidence to support a "controlled demolition"...

jkr
10-16-2008, 11:22 AM
this made me cry.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
10-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Ron Paul winning would be like being made captain after the Titanic already hit the iceberg. Who wants that? At best, he might get a few more people onto the lifeboats while getting all of the blame for the Titanic sinking.

Ron Paul becomes President. U.S. still goes into Depression or worse (which it will). Media harps non-stop about how this is because of Ron Paul not intervening in the economy and his 'crazy' free-market theories.

"My theories explain, but cannot slow the decline of a great civilization. I set out to be a reformer, but only became the historian of decline." - Ludwig Von Mises

RonPaulVolunteer
10-16-2008, 01:26 PM

I agree. I think he would have had a very real chance of winning.

gjvrieze
10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
/////////////

satchelmcqueen
10-17-2008, 09:11 PM
well, if stewart and colbert would have had paul on more, maybe that would have helped.

Real_CaGeD
10-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Yippie, we may still save the country....not.

It is over folks. The constitution, bill of rights, rights of Englishmen, the whole founding ideology is lost.

I still sport my RP car magnet.