PDA

View Full Version : Need money for college? Join the Obama youth!

sevin
10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I graduated from college a few years ago and still have several friends who attend, and my fiancee is in graduate school.

For the first time tonight I heard Obama mention a plan about giving $4000 a year to college students who are willing to do "community service," whatever that may be.

Unfortunately, most college students are ignorant and don't know crap about what's really going on in this country. Once they aren't able to get student loans, unemployment rises, and they don't have enough money, I think they'll be lining up around the block to do whatever work the government wants them to do in exchange for a little tuition money. And they'll be that much easier to brainwash.

This plan frightens me.

sevin
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
bump.

No one has an opinion on this plan? :(

DanielF17
10-15-2008, 09:36 PM
im a college student in need of money, but not ready to sell myself out to obama

James Madison
10-15-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm a freshman in college, and the Obama worship on campus is disgusting.

StateofTrance
10-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Community service for $$ is good as long as you're not directly working for the government but some non-profit, not govt.-connected organization.

sevin
10-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Community service for $$ is good as long as you're not directly working for the government but some non-profit, not govt.-connected organization.

But for there to be enough community service work to go around, they'd probably have to create government community work programs.

Nirvikalpa
10-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Obama and his followers can kiss my fat Ron Paul loving ass.

James Madison
10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Obama and his followers can kiss my fat Ron Paul loving ass.

What if my ass isn't quite as...fat. Can they still kiss that, too?

danberkeley
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Not a bad deal (unless Obama gets into a war against Iran to defend Isreal, or a war against China because they crashed "our" economy with their dumping of the dollar). Also, $4000 is a lot of money (unless you attend college in California where tuition is at least $8000 for government colleges, or a private school where tuition is at least $20,000, and none of this includes room & board).

max
10-15-2008, 09:56 PM
how about abolishing the income tax and stopping inflation by abolishing the fed, so a kids parents can accumulate the money themselves

LibertiORDeth
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Hell I'll do it, I need the money and they can't brainwash me. Once I took the figurative red pill there's no reversing it.

Kyora
10-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Same here, especially when I go to a really liberal university, and in Michigan where McCain just pulled out of. Some weeks ago, students were allowed to go door to door registering voters. Yeah, that didn't last long because one of the register(er?)s found out that an underaged girl supported Obama and tried to harass her into registering anyway, claiming that "No one really checks your birthday anyway."

Pfft, silly Obamabots.

StateofTrance
10-15-2008, 11:06 PM
I would prefer a "liberal" university where people are open-minded ANY DAY over a fucking christian religious university.

danberkeley
10-15-2008, 11:10 PM
I would prefer a "liberal" university where people are open-minded ANY DAY over a fucking christian religious university.

Yes. The open-minded Obamaphiles. "Christian religious university"? Are saying that there are non-religious Christians? :D

Micah Dardar
10-16-2008, 12:17 AM

Wow! :eek: I graduated from a Baptist university in Mississippi. I was worried that I might feel like you do, but I felt very comfortable and achieved much success there.

Brassmouth
10-16-2008, 12:20 AM

Same here. :(

No1ButPaul08
10-16-2008, 01:19 AM
how about abolishing the income tax and stopping inflation by abolishing the fed, so a kids parents can accumulate the money themselves

stop making sense max

Cinderella
10-16-2008, 07:28 AM
i thought obamas commnuity service act was going to be (get this) mandatory community service? everyone from the age 13-65 would have to participate in this "community service" that could mean enrolling in the military or peace corps etc...correct me if im wrong because i really hope im wrong about this..

MsDoodahs
10-16-2008, 08:13 AM
I looked at the info and saw no indication that the service will be mandatory - but keep in mind, he would not be elected if he was open about the use of force against those who don't choose to offer their service.

sevin
10-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Found a good article about this. It would be easy for the government to get around the issue of it being mandatory.

http://mattjohnston.blogspot.com/2008/08/jim-lindgren-on-obamas-community.html

constituent
10-16-2008, 09:11 AM
the best thing that could be done to fight this is to create a ton of fake promo images ala red agitprop tilted pro-bama youth all sickle and hammer....

use 'em as avatars and shit as we shill relentlessly for our newfound savior.

maybe not before the election is up, but certainly in the interim between nov. 4 and his inauguration (and thereafter as well.)