09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Someone YouTube it!

Bean
09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Tucker I believe.

katao
09-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Just now on MSNBC!

I disagree often with Pat Buchannan, but I give him lots of credit for his consistent stand against the same establishment tactics. Thank God for some media that are supportive.

Richandler
Yah but he said that everyone else agreed that McCain won and I'm sure the producer was making sure they stay on that point.

LibertyEagle
on tucker.

John of Des Moines
09-06-2007, 04:26 PM
I could hear the voice in Tucker's and Pat's ear-piece "You're off topic! Talk about McCain and Mitt. Kill the talk of Ron Paul winning. If you don't, we'll remember this at contract time boys."

themanhere
09-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan 2008?

Syren123
Yah but he said that everyone else agreed that McCain won and I'm sure the producer was making sure they stay on that point.

But 'everyone else' didn't text in their vote, did they?

fj45lvr
Buchanan prior to the "war" said we were only there to do Israel's dirty work....he's not stupid on understanding what is really going down and how we've been sold out of our own interests for a foreign countries.

guntherg16
09-06-2007, 04:29 PM

That would be nice. It sounds like people are trying to recruit Pat for a run for the Senate though.

http://buchanan.org/blog/?p=839

CasualApathy
09-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Youtube it.

Please.

We used to be so good at Youtubeing everything of interest. Now many threads die without a youtube-link ever being posted.

I wish i could, but being here in Denmark (scandinavia) i dont have the same channels you do...

Nash
09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
That would be nice. It sounds like people are trying to recruit Pat for a run for the Senate though.

http://buchanan.org/blog/?p=839

Where do I send him money?

Seriously though when Ron Paul wins the presidency I hope he grabs Pat for his cabinet.

guntherg16
09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Where do I send him money?

Seriously though when Ron Paul wins the presidency I hope he grabs Pat for his cabinet.

That would be nice unless Pat is in the Senate then.

Nash
09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
How much you guys want to bet that Pat wouldn't consider running if it wasn't for Ron Paul's success. I think Ron's campaign has a lot to do with this kind of consideration.

MicroBalrog
09-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Youtube anyone?

quickmike
09-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Youtube anyone?

http://www.youtube.com <-------- there ya go

:D

maxmerkel
09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com <-------- there ya go

:D

haha:D but seriously, i'd love to see it ...

quickmike
09-06-2007, 04:46 PM
haha:D but seriously, i'd love to see it ...

me too............. i lke Buchanan

katao
09-06-2007, 04:46 PM

Pat is pretty divisive though. Far better to get an inclusive candidate like the Alaskan Governor, Sarah Palin. Palin's sincerity, good looks and charm would make Hillary look like the mean-spirited, power grabbing, old hag that she is. A Paul/Palin ticket would be unstoppable, even given the all out stops the Establishment would pull.

maxmerkel
09-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Pat is pretty divisive though. Far better to get an inclusive candidate like the Alaskan Governor, Sarah Palin. Palin's sincerity, good looks and charm would make Hillary look like the mean-spirited, power grabbing, old hag that she is. A Paul/Palin ticket would be unstoppable, even given the all out stops the Establishment would pull.

exactly ! and buchanan would serve as a good senator, no need to burn 2 good guys in one race

itsnobody
09-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Come on...someone youtube it

guntherg16
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Pat Buchanan's Opinion of Last Night's Debate
Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo at September 6, 2007 06:03 PM

"Ron Paul clearly won last night's debate," said Pat Buchanan on Tucker Carlson's MSNBC show this evening. Even the Faux News Channel's own opinion poll had him winning big, he added.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/015140.html

themanhere
09-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Come on...someone youtube it

Here a day late but not a dollar short.

PAT BUCHANAN "RON PAUL WON' youtubed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPaoKOtj6cs

nullvalu
09-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Here a day late but not a dollar short.

PAT BUCHANAN "RON PAUL WON' youtubed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPaoKOtj6cs

You the man!

nullvalu
09-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Tucker also said he thought Ron Paul has won ALL the debates.. woo

Hurricane Bruiser
09-07-2007, 04:21 PM
very nice

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 04:22 PM
It always seems to me they always stop before they say too much about Ron Paul. Anyone else get that feeling?

atilla
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Pat is pretty divisive though. Far better to get an inclusive candidate like the Alaskan Governor, Sarah Palin. Palin's sincerity, good looks and charm would make Hillary look like the mean-spirited, power grabbing, old hag that she is. A Paul/Palin ticket would be unstoppable, even given the all out stops the Establishment would pull. why would anyone vote for a woman vice-president. sure, it might work if hillary is the democratic nominee. but more likely a third party candidate gets elected in that case.

dseisner
09-07-2007, 04:46 PM
It always seems to me they always stop before they say too much about Ron Paul. Anyone else get that feeling?

Yea, obviously we get that feeling. Tucker obviously needs to curb his Ron Paul talk else his show will get thrown off the air. Love the guy for his honesty though...Tucker deserves the most credit out of all of the MSM guys for promoting RP.

FSP-Rebel
09-07-2007, 04:47 PM
why would anyone vote for a woman vice-president. sure, it might work if hillary is the democratic nominee. but more likely a third party candidate gets elected in that case.
Doubtful, billionaire Mike Bloomberg decided not to run. The only possible independent would be Paul if he didn't win the GOP nod.

mesler
09-07-2007, 04:51 PM

Tucker and Buchanan? No.

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Tucker and Buchanan? No.

Especially them, they could have a segment discussing Paul and his positions, but they just have a fleeting convo...then nothing.

mesler
09-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Especially them, they could have a segment discussing Paul and his positions, but they just have a fleeting convo...then nothing.

I don't know, I see Tucker and Buchanan as going out of their way to support a 'fringe' candidate that many other people in their positions are trying very hard to paint as a loon. I'm very happy with them giving props to our guy.

Kuldebar
09-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't know, I see Tucker and Buchanan as going out of their way to support a 'fringe' candidate that many other people in their positions are trying very hard to paint as a loon. I'm very happy with them giving props to our guy.

I know, gift horse in the mouth...

But, you know that saying about condemning someone with faint praise, I often think there's other variations of that action.

Treating Ron Paul as a novelty or a curiosity, even in a positive manner, can be just another method of marginalizing him in people's minds.

Colleen
09-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Kuldebar

My sentiments, exactly. I think they do the best they are allowed but it is clear to me they are on a leash.

Revolution9
09-07-2007, 06:17 PM

I have to agree with mesler here. I think they are doing well and put in a few quick slick positive talking points about RP and move on.. They have now made the name become recognised by a percentage more viewers. They will ease into longer segments as it gets comfortable to the viewership. Buchanan knows what he is doing. He probably thought and thought about each timing error and things he spoke too soon on in his defeat for the nomination after winning New Hampshires primaries. So I think they are doing the slow and steady climb and easing the viewership into it rather than seeming fanatical and pushing viewers into a disbelief mode because they were annoyed. It takes time to really understand Dr Paul. I just talked with the other beat cop (I have already determined the second beat cop s an RP supporter) on a stroll and asked him if he saw the debates. He did not but he thinks RP is scatterbrained and is inclined towards Huckabee or Thompson. I can see he was getting talking points because he could not detail his thoughts. So..as they sit back after a hard day of beat copping or cubicle sitting or company managing or selling crap they will get a small dose of his name with no chuckles and giggles and a sense of admiration and respect in the cojunct. Once they see that slam dunk video, debate performance or speech they will seek out more info. That is inevitable.

So..step by step seems just fine for their viewership. Because Dr Paul has lit explosives under the asses of the oligarchs and put the virus of truth in their operating system to expose those who were made to feel proud of their system to a full blast barrage of the RP Truth Virus would be to cause massive cognitive dssonance which then induces the figght or flight syndrome.

Damn! I just realised I should have used the line about how Hillary will win against any pro war Republican. Heh.. I will get him Monday when he is back on beat. He came back about 8 months ago from a tour of Iraq as a Reserve MP.. I told him before he went that if he sees any of our people committing torture he is responsible to stop them.. Lord knows what he thinks of thos long haired rock and roller issuing directives of such things..haha! He caught me rolling pot a few times back in the day..but as long as i smiled..acted embarassed and went oops..he shrugged it off...and let me keep me smoke:D

Best
Randy

parocks
11-21-2009, 05:11 AM

Good analysis. What do you think in Nov 2009?

Working Poor
11-21-2009, 06:25 AM
I have not heard Palin say she supports Ron Paul probably because she is too stupid to understand what he stands for.

parocks
11-21-2009, 06:51 AM
I have not heard Palin say she supports Ron Paul probably because she is too stupid to understand what he stands for.

You probably haven't heard about this then. I won't call you stupid, I'll say uninformed.

In this interview, Palin calls controversial Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul "cool." "He's a good guy," she added. "He's so independent. He's independent of the party machine. I'm like, 'Right on, so am I.' "

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-republican-vice-presidential-nominee-plugs-romney-paul-but-not-mccain-in-mtv-interview/

Working Poor
11-21-2009, 07:02 AM
You probably haven't heard about this then. I won't call you stupid, I'll say uninformed.

In this interview, Palin calls controversial Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul "cool." "He's a good guy," she added. "He's so independent. He's independent of the party machine. I'm like, 'Right on, so am I.' "

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/08/29/s...mtv-interview/

Yea I heard about what she said last year..do you consider that an endorsement???? I don't and she still does not sound like anything more than a neo con to me she ran with John McCain for gosh sakes. If she was for Ron Paul I think the bulk of us would be convinced by now and I am pretty sure most of us who think with the brain in our head know this.

Besides I don't think Ron Paul agrees with her war theories...

parocks
11-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Yea I heard about what she said last year..do you consider that an endorsement???? I don't and she still does not sound like anything more than a neo con to me she ran with John McCain for gosh sakes. If she was for Ron Paul I think the bulk of us would be convinced by now and I am pretty sure most of us who think with the brain in our head know this.

Besides I don't think Ron Paul agrees with her war theories...

You used the word "supports" in your earlier post, not the word "endorsement".

She clearly praised Ron Paul in the interview, and praise is a form of support.

I don't think you can read anything foreign policy wise into the fact that McCain picked her. Reagan picked Bush, and Bush was no conservative.

I don't really have much confidence in the abilities of the bulk of us to analyze anymore. People actually posted a video from notoriously leftist cable network MSNBC with interviews with Palin supporters in order to prove or imply that Palins supporters or Palin herself were somehow stupid.

Those of us who were around in 2007 and paying attention to the campaign know full well that the media treated Ron Paul worse than any other candidate, and we know not to trust the media. Or we did 2 years ago.

RM918
11-21-2009, 10:54 AM
You used the word "supports" in your earlier post, not the word "endorsement".

She clearly praised Ron Paul in the interview, and praise is a form of support.

I don't think you can read anything foreign policy wise into the fact that McCain picked her. Reagan picked Bush, and Bush was no conservative.

I don't really have much confidence in the abilities of the bulk of us to analyze anymore. People actually posted a video from notoriously leftist cable network MSNBC with interviews with Palin supporters in order to prove or imply that Palins supporters or Palin herself were somehow stupid.

Those of us who were around in 2007 and paying attention to the campaign know full well that the media treated Ron Paul worse than any other candidate, and we know not to trust the media. Or we did 2 years ago.

Yeah, she said he was 'cool' once and that was the end of it. No support for his initiatives, no work on that juncture, and no further recognition.

As to the media argument, Fox News is also the media and they support Palin. They haven't changed their colors, they're just on the other side this time around and will switch again once power changes hands.

amy31416
11-21-2009, 10:59 AM
parocks, bumping all these old threads is getting obnoxious.