PDA

View Full Version : We Need Another Rally...

Number19
10-15-2008, 07:19 PM
not as elaborate as Rally For Freedom - just a one day rally.

The topic should be about the financial crisis/meltdown...the Fed...monetary policy...what the near term economic forecast ( that's Austrian Economics ) holds in store, etc.

The rally should be to show support for Ron Paul and for the Campaign For Liberty, but RP should be talking to the American people.

This needs to be put together fast and on the cheap, and scheduled for around inauguration day. Definitely nothing elaborate.

It should be scheduled in mid-America - maybe Kansas City, Oklahoma City or Dallas.

We should shoot for a crowd about 10,000 or maybe 15,000. Fly in on Saturday morning with introductory speakers starting at 12 noon and lasting until, maybe 4PM and have Ron Paul speak during the primetime 5PM - 6PM. One night in a hotel and fly back Sunday morning.

The goal would be to have MAJOR MSM coverage and to show mainstreet America the kind of electrifying support our Man generates, in contrast to our next president.

With the economy continuing to tank as expected for the next near term of several months, the talking heads should be all over this event.

I'm not connected with the leaders of the C4L, but surely this message can be gotten to them. It really would not take much of an effort to pull this together.

So I have a question. How many think this is a "quickening" that must be taken advantaged of and feel we can pull it off?

thrillhouse
10-15-2008, 07:47 PM
How about....

End the Fed 11/22 (http://www.endthefed.us/)

Thrashertm
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Maybe now, after their government just publicly raped them for $700 billion against overwhelming public opposition, the people WILL FUCKING LISTEN !!!!!

Then again, judging by the media's fawning coverage of the bailout, I have my doubts.

muzzled dogg
10-15-2008, 08:11 PM
yes we do

fuck the c4L tho, leave them out of it

rprprs
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
As anyone of us who watched tonight's debate can attest, we certainly need SOMETHING... and fast!

muzzled dogg
10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
As anyone of us who watched tonight's debate can attest, we certainly need SOMETHING... and fast!

i'll drink to that

JS4Pat
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM
How about....

Yes - Multiple Rallies around the nation. Split up speakers and musical acts between all the Fed Rally locations.

I like it...

Number19
10-15-2008, 09:22 PM
I've just followed up with a correspondence to the leadership of the c4L. I should be getting as response back in several days. We'll see what they will have to say.

Getting RP's commitment to speak, we find an available venue easily accessed by airlines and with sufficient accommodations. Dallas would be my first choice.

Next we start lining up a few preliminary speakers and maybe an entertainer. I would love to get Arlo Guthrie.

This could easily be pulled together in 2 months, with ticket sales beginning in December.

The hands on experience gained with the Campaign for Liberty should be a valuable asset for the Campaign For the Economy.

matthylland
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
How about....

agreed, with the economy like it is...this will be good timing.

torchbearer
10-15-2008, 10:30 PM
How about a meeting of a new continental congress.

muzzled dogg
10-15-2008, 10:35 PM
^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!