PDA

View Full Version : P. Schiff Radio Show: Starts in 4min - 8pm EST

Cowlesy
10-15-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.europac.net/radioshow.asp

Listen Live
Call 1-888-678-9597 during the live broadcast to participate in the discussion.

It may be an interesting night to hear what Peter is thinking about what happened today.

Deborah K
10-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Thank you Cowsley. ;)

ItsTime
10-15-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks thanks

Cowlesy
np brothers n' sisters!

MRoCkEd
it says i need additional plugins but doesnt tell me which 1

Cowlesy
10-15-2008, 05:46 PM
mrocked I clicked the WINAMP thing and it downloaded a file which I opened in iTunes

ItsTime
10-15-2008, 05:48 PM

Did you try in IE? I couldnt get it to work in FF but it worked (after dl of plugin) on IE

Fields
10-15-2008, 05:49 PM

Open it in a different browser.

Fields
10-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Does anyone know how long his show usually is? I've never listened.

No1ButPaul08
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
8-9

ItsTime
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
wow I did not know that. Non-interest accounts now are insured 100% no matter how much is in there?!

Deborah K
10-15-2008, 05:53 PM
"We don't need liquidity, we need savings...."

Cowlesy
10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
//

constitutional
10-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Can anyone explain what he means by "when U.S. stock market goes down, the dollar goes up." He also said something about foreign stock market and dollar, I didn't understand it. I'd appreciate if you explained it.

Thanks.

ihsv
10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not able to listen at the moment, is there a direct link to an MP3 for later?

itsthepathocrats
10-15-2008, 07:52 PM
eom

constitutional
10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Can anyone explain what he means by "when U.S. stock market goes down, the dollar goes up." He also said something about foreign stock market and dollar, I didn't understand it. I'd appreciate if you explained it.

Thanks.

Anyone?

Shinerxx
10-15-2008, 08:26 PM

Thanks.

I can make an attempt. I believe Peter was saying that he did not anticipate the current dollar rally. He anticipated that when US stocks went down the dollar would logically go down as well. The current strength in the dollar does not make any logical sense. Peter was guessing that the recent strength in the dollar is from American investors forced to liquidate their foreign stocks and other investments abroad and getting paid in dollars. It would cause a false demand for dollars. The recent actions by foreign central banks to devalue their own currencies also helps to prop up the dollar.

constitutional
10-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I can make an attempt. I believe Peter was saying that he did not anticipate the current dollar rally. He anticipated that when US stocks went down the dollar would logically go down as well. The current strength in the dollar does not make any logical sense. Peter was guessing that the recent strength in the dollar is from American investors forced to liquidate their foreign stocks and other investments abroad and getting paid in dollars. It would cause a false demand for dollars. The recent actions by foreign central banks to devalue their own currencies also helps to prop up the dollar.

I appreciate your input. Thank you. Here's more http://www.straightstocks.com/current-market-news/forex-when-us-stocks-decline-the-dollar-rallies/

InterestedParticipant
10-15-2008, 08:59 PM

Thanks.

Marc Faber, 'Gloom Boom & Doom' Report, disses bailout but likes Dollar http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2008/10/marc-faber-disses-bailout-plan-likes.html

Stock Mkt Decline due to poor performance of companies:
"...earnings will continue to disappoint for a long time, and that global growth is going to go down substantially. Most economies already today are in recession."

Dollar up because in-demand to pay-off Dollar-denominated debts:
"the US Dollar should continue to find support as investors rush to try and re-pay their debts"

Make sense?

constitutional
10-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Marc Faber, 'Gloom Boom & Doom' Report, disses bailout but likes Dollar http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2008/10/marc-faber-disses-bailout-plan-likes.html

Stock Mkt Decline due to poor performance of companies:
"...earnings will continue to disappoint for a long time, and that global growth is going to go down substantially. Most economies already today are in recession."

Dollar up because in-demand to pay-off Dollar-denominated debts:
"the US Dollar should continue to find support as investors rush to try and re-pay their debts"

Make sense?

Ah, so investors dump foreign stocks to cover their margin calls here in U.S when the U.S. stock market declines. Right? Makes sense! Thanks.

InterestedParticipant
10-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Ah, so investors dump foreign stocks to cover their margin calls here in U.S when the U.S. stock market declines. Right? Makes sense! Thanks.

Marc Faber also said about the stronger USD (in that article I linked-to in my earlier post):

"Recently, a reader of this comment (I read all emails I receive), suggested that there is no logic in my call for a stronger US dollar. I think I have tried to demonstrate in earlier reports that in an environment of a relative shrinking global liquidity (declining US current account deficit) the US dollar should strengthen. However, I should also like to point out that in the world of investments logic should be used only very carefully....Markets can simply move in a direction that seems illogical to us."

Basically, he's talking about monetary deflation. But what's weird is that the FED is going to be printing more USD. But who will buy those USDs? Seems like short term USD strengthening but long term USD weakness.