PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thompson campaign update...

LibertiORDeth
10-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Not quite a campaign update but an email I received from him that I thought (with his permission) I would post here for all of you to see his status. He needs all the prayers he can get if your a praying kind of person, otherwise think positive about it ;)

"Luke,

I got your message, but am not able to call out from my phone at this point due to time constraints and security – I’m somewhat under the radar at this point, and avoiding the ability to be tracked.

In Times Square yesterday in an attempt to collect signatures, I was completely betrayed by my mother, who lied and misrepresented that she was able to be trusted, and she stopped all my plans to get a hotel room, and meet with my business associates that had flown me up to New York in order to discuss a $50 million project. The associates ended up losing their money they spent on the plane ticket, and I wasn’t even able to put luggage down in the middle of the street (since my iPod got stolen a few hours previously by scam artists) to even walk around with my banners. Out of respect for letting my mother know my plans, I told her what was happening as I was flying up there, and she went and called the associates and got them so scared that they didn’t even want to meet. Now that they know the full picture, they know that I’m not crazy or unstable, but I’ve completely disassociated from anyone in my family – I will never talk to them for the rest of my life for what they’ve done in the last few weeks, culminating in what happened yesterday.

I never did collect the signatures, and that’s 21 electors now down the tubes. I will never trust in people ever again that are against freedom – political freedom through the Constitution, and spiritual freedom that Christ provides. Those are my parents, that claim to be Christian, and that claim to be American. The last thing I mentioned to them in my last email to them (ever) was that if they are either of those 2 things, then I am ashamed to be a Christian or an American."

robmpreston
10-15-2008, 04:32 PM
lol

Cinderella
10-15-2008, 04:52 PM
bump fpr craig.....and lib!

pacelli
10-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey Craig, try again in 2012. Forge alliances.

tggroo7
10-15-2008, 05:13 PM
ouch, that's one hell of a campaign update

LibertiORDeth
10-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey Craig, try again in 2012. Forge alliances.

Actually he probably will be running, excpet for RE-election ;)

LibertiORDeth
10-15-2008, 05:42 PM
guys, call (516) 463-4160, (516) 463-6493, (516) 463-6819, (516) 463-4687, (516) 463-6816, (516) 463-7146, and (516) 463-6818, and ask “who is Craig Thompson?”. Then when they say they have no idea, tell them that you heard that he was going to be rushing the stage tonight, and you were just wondering who he was.
Do this ASAP before the debate starts.