PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr to join debate with Obama and McCain...

svf
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
... in cyberspace, at least.

Love Barr or hate Barr, this is bound to be far more interesting and entertaining than watching the debate on teevee...

Through the miracle of modern technology, voters will finally have a chance to compare Bob Barr with Barack Obama and John McCain.

Starting this evening at 9:00 PM EDT, live and concurrent with the broadcast of the closed debate between the Republican and Democratic nominees, you will be able to see where Bob differs with his opponents. Using digital video recording technology, Bob's responses to the moderator's questions will be spliced in in real time for viewing at the campaign's website at www.bobbarr2008.com/counterdebate (http://www.bobbarr2008.com/counterdebate). Bob will be broadcasting from Newport News, Virginia on the campus of Christopher Newport University before a live audience.

I encourage you to watch and I ask a favor of you. Would you please forward this message to your friends who may be interested? This is their chance to learn that there's not a dime's worth of difference between McCain and Obama - and that Bob Barr offers hope for real change in Washington.

speciallyblend
10-15-2008, 03:53 PM
barr went from almost 9% to 2% in Colorado, great campaign barr;) keep up the great work... (sarcasm)

love or hate barr, barr is irrelevant as obama and mccain to our revolution..

Zera
10-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Fuck Barr.

Archie
10-15-2008, 04:03 PM
So in reality Barrs pretending to debate the two? Hahaha maybe hes on to something ? At the very least its funny as shit

ceakins
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Fuck the racist constitutionalists party.

torchbearer
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Fuck the racist constitutionalists party.

that's baldwin your thinking about.
Barr is the one who snubbed ron paul... and our central committee.

kombayn
10-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Bob Barr has run one of the worst campaigns in history, it makes Pat Buchanan laugh. Bob Barr is a sorry, sorry, nominee for the Libertarian Party, I think a Mary Ruwart/Steve Kubby ticket would've actually got more support and votes at this rate.

LibertyEagle
10-15-2008, 05:40 PM
So in reality Barrs pretending to debate the two? Hahaha maybe hes on to something ? At the very least its funny as shit

It's not original. Gravel did it first.

BagOfEyebrows
10-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Bob Barr has run one of the worst campaigns in history, it makes Pat Buchanan laugh. Bob Barr is a sorry, sorry, nominee for the Libertarian Party, I think a Mary Ruwart/Steve Kubby ticket would've actually got more support and votes at this rate.

I would have donated to, campaigned for, and voted for that kinda LP duo (Ruwart/Kubby, or Kubby/Ruwart) - it was the only thing that could have changed my mind from a 'write in Ron Paul' conclusion to a 'vote LP' conclusion.

I do think the Barr debate thing is a great idea, though, and a wonderful use of technology, and definitely creative in terms of campaiging 'on the issues' - I'd personally listen in, were it not Barr doing it, and instead Kubby or Ruwart doing it.

Long before the 3rd party conferrence incident, I'd made up my mind, based on research and listening in to many Barr interviews, that I could not and would not vote for Barr - even if Ron Paul himself had appealed to his supporter base to do so.

I know some are going to vote for him, so at the least it will be a great debate for them to listen in on. Kudos to Barr and/or the LP for coming up with a great idea (just wish it was for the right nominee.)

Malakai
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Mccain tanked his campaign by coming out for the bailout, he had a small chance before and none now.

Barr tanked a great opportunity to finally bring some decent %'s to the LP, but killed it by snubbing the greatest libertarian hero of the century (and the biggest libertarian movement of the century).

Arkris
10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I fell asleep watching the last debate, I'll try watching with Barr.

By the way, I hate Bob Barrs guts; He's got very anti-libertarian credentials and has done a great job of running his campaign into the ground. But in California, Baldwin isn't on the ballot and write-in votes aren't counted (I doubt many states do). I'm voting for that piece of shit to help get ballot-access in the next election for the LP. We didn't win this election, we have to look to the future.

paulitics
10-15-2008, 06:41 PM
It's not original. Gravel did it first.

Here he is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npbftGodGGI
He tears Hillary a new one after everything she says. It's great.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-15-2008, 06:53 PM
By the way, I hate Bob Barrs guts...

I'm voting for that piece of shit to help get ballot-access in the next election for the LP. We didn't win this election, we have to look to the future.

Yeah... I think I'm going to have to vote for the LP, but I will probably never publicly state that I voted for Barr.

And I think it's fine that he's doing the debate thing, but I won't be watching any of it. I can only take so much crap, and I'm past my point every day with this bailout talk.

jmag
10-15-2008, 07:15 PM
What is that three people attending? I sent in my ballot today - voted for Chuck Baldwin and a couple of Libertarians on the local level.

Number19
10-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Fuck Barr.What does this contribute to an exchange of ideas and talking points? What does it have to say about your intellect?

itsthepathocrats
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
eom

Razorback Fan
10-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah... I think I'm going to have to vote for the LP, but I will probably never publicly state that I voted for Barr.

Ha! You read my mind. My dad called me tonight and asked me, half-joking, "What kind of kid am I raising?" He then read me some quotations from Barr that were not very libertarian at all. I told him they were probably old quotations from his days in Congress, and he then told me when Barr said each of those things. It wasn't long ago.

In the end I just told my dad, "Well, I'm not really voting for Barr; I'm voting for the Libertarian Party." But I was pretty embarrassed. (My dad's not even a libertarian, but I give him credit for challenging me to hold to my principles.)

StateofTrance
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Here, let me say it again -

FUCK Barr, Baldwin and the wannabe clowns.

I was at Starbucks few months ago (downtown Portland, OR) (way before Ron dropped out) and there was a small NORML convention-cum-rally going on with mostly LP supporters + liberals. There was a small LP tent that was doing a public poll to see who could be a future POTUS. I found that Ron Paul's name was not in the list. So I went after them asking them how the fuck he's not in the list considering Ron Paul is the only one who OPENLY talks about legalizing marijuana, and some of the guys there said Ron Paul is a "crook" and "scary"..Yeah I get it you worthless, brainwashed dicks. What an Orwellian moment. :mad:

ceakins
10-16-2008, 06:15 AM
I fell asleep watching the last debate, I'll try watching with Barr.

By the way, I hate Bob Barrs guts; He's got very anti-libertarian credentials and has done a great job of running his campaign into the ground. But in California, Baldwin isn't on the ballot and write-in votes aren't counted (I doubt many states do). I'm voting for that piece of shit to help get ballot-access in the next election for the LP. We didn't win this election, we have to look to the future.

Get a grip have you looked at what the liberty pac candidates are supporting, some of them have voted worse than Bob Barr. Then you have the constitution parties racist ties. Sorry Baldwin is a theocrat. God should have no part of politics.

ceakins
10-16-2008, 06:18 AM
that's baldwin your thinking about.
Barr is the one who snubbed ron paul... and our central committee.

I said exactly what I meant. Do some research on Chuck Baldwins party, they are very connected to organized racist. And I'm pissed off Ron Paul endorsed him. It would have been better had he endorsed no one.

ceakins
10-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Mccain tanked his campaign by coming out for the bailout, he had a small chance before and none now.

Barr tanked a great opportunity to finally bring some decent %'s to the LP, but killed it by snubbing the greatest libertarian hero of the century (and the biggest libertarian movement of the century).

Ya the so called greatest libertarian hero is supporting a party that has racist ties.

torchbearer
10-16-2008, 08:10 AM
I said exactly what I meant. Do some research on Chuck Baldwins party, they are very connected to organized racist. And I'm pissed off Ron Paul endorsed him. It would have been better had he endorsed no one.

i know you meant what you said, but i'm thinking you have two candidates and two parties mixed up.
Thread is about barr, he is in the libertarian party
You are talking about baldwin who is in the constitution party.