PDA

View Full Version : Paul vs. Bernanke

Scott38
10-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Watching Bernanke on CNBC right now and he mentions that confidence will bring back markets essentially. His shaky voice does not give me a lot of confidence. :)

I think Ron paul should debate Bernanke on CNBC for 2 hours. Perhaps Dr. Paul can help educate the Fed Chair on history and the evilness of the Fed.

Any clue on how that could happen? Perhaps a massive letter bomb to all congress people asking for it.

Thoughts?

Crazy?

Never going to happen?

Scott

MRoCkEd
10-15-2008, 10:40 AM
of course we would love it
but it will never ever happen

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-15-2008, 10:43 AM

No kidding. They blacked him out when he was a presidential candidate, even. You'd never hear someone like Bernanke take a stage with Paul.

Tenbatsu
10-15-2008, 10:53 AM
It would be pointless, Bernanke knows exactly what the Federal Reserve is about; any attempt to reeducate him would be futile. He does what he does willingly. Besides, he is not the high man on the totem poll, he is just the face of the Federal Reserve, the real owners wish to remain anonymous.

But even if such a debate were to take place Bernanke would just parry everything Ron Paul said with: "Well the Congress delegated their power to coin money to the Federal Reserve so you'll have to take it up with them." He has said this before when Paul has cornered him and we will do it again. The sad part is Bernanke is right. Only an act of Congress will repeal the Federal Reserve Act so if we're going to fight a battle against the Federal Reserve it must start in Congress.

CasualApathy
10-15-2008, 10:53 AM

Wow, im glad you shot that down so quick, god forbid someone would actually be inspired to send an e-mail.:rolleyes:

Bruno
10-15-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't believe we are watching all these fat cats with Bernanke eating a luncheon live on TV being served to them by servants in tuxedo. It's all eerie and weird. Why they decided to have a luncheon beforehand is beyond, but weirder that cnbc has him on the bigger split while we watch him eat.