PDA

View Full Version : A Message From Bob Conley - Read and Forward

Razmear
10-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Campaign Update – October 14, 2008
www.bobconleyforsenate.com

My fellow patriot,

We all know our country is going in the wrong direction. GOP incumbent Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina has contributed to this situation by supporting so-called “free trade” agreements that have lost jobs for South Carolinians, the importation of technical workers to take jobs away from American citizens, the war in Iraq, amnesty for illegal aliens, expanding federal power to rob American citizens of their Constitutional rights and liberties and, most recently, the bailout of Wall Street at the expense of Main Street.

I don’t question Lindsey Graham’s motives; I question his judgment. I question why he thinks he deserves another six-year term in office after helping cause incalculable harm to the people of South Carolina and the nation. South Carolinians do not have confidence in a person who asserts that he has the leadership capacity to solve problems when a six-year track record in the Senate demonstrates just the opposite!

Lindsey Graham has millions of dollars to use against me any time he chooses. Much of this money comes from special interests who expect access to Lindsey Graham so they can advance their agendas on matters of policy, legislation, regulation and oversight. These are the same special interests that are now expecting the Middle Class to be “patriotic” in their support of Wall Street bailouts, even as they contemplate the loss of $2 Trillion in retirement savings.

Just remember, when you hear what Lindsey Graham says, you’re not getting the full story. In fact, when you hear Lindsey Graham speak, you can’t even be sure you’re getting the facts.

South Carolinians expect better, and come November they will get the real deal … I will never betray their trust and every vote I cast will be filtered through the U.S. Constitution, in the example established by patriot and statesman Ron Paul.

Together we can overcome the climate of fear and uncertainty that has burdened us beyond measure and which now threatens our way of life. The choice is in your hands… Here’s what you can do now to help put a “Ron Paul Democrat” into the Senate:

Become more informed about my campaign by visiting my website at www.bobconleyforsenate.com and encourage family and friends to do the same. Be sure to view my debate with Lindsey Graham last Saturday, plus the media reviews.

Contact Ron Paul’s Liberty PAC to have my name placed on the list of supported candidates. There’s an obvious disconnect here that needs to be fixed quickly. I’m counting on your help.

I do not accept special interest donations, yet I’m only 9 points behind Lindsey Graham, according to the latest Rasmussen poll. I am running a pure grassroots campaign against Lindsey Graham’s $3.6 million war chest. I am counting on whatever financial assistance you can spare to put me over the top in November.

My campaign is being run by only a handful of volunteers. These overworked people need your assistance in helping our cause. Please consider spending a week or two in South Carolina before the November election to lend a hand. You will not want to miss the opportunity and experience of taking down one of the nation’s leading liberty-robbing neocons!

Sincerely,

Bob Conley

p.s. -- Please feel free to contact my campaign office: call toll free at 877-479-1466 or send an email to office@bobconleyforsenate.com. We need the same energy and dedication you showed for Ron Paul in his campaign for the Presidential nomination. If you can’t come to South Carolina, please consider a donation.

Tel: 803-699-0750 Toll Free: 877-479-1466 Patrick Richardson, Treasurer

Bob Conley for Senate
300E Berkshire Drive
Columbia, SC 29224

Forward this message to a friend
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, click here
Powered by NGP Software, Inc.

Knightskye
10-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I think he's more deserving of being a Liberty PAC candidate than some already on there.

The_Orlonater
10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Good luck.

HOLLYWOOD
10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Someone needs to put Bob Conley through; Public Speaking, Debate, and Communications training.

His Debate/Presentation skills are poor! I back him 100% and have family voting for him, but the man seems quite "SLOW"

He also needs to brush up on Lindsey Grahman's statements... he lied, stretched the truth and provided many inaccuracies in the debate.

Get Bob Conley a personal Political Coach... Grahman is too slick!

angelatc
10-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Posted in another forum, and donated, even though my husband is gonna kill me.

Knightskye
10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Someone needs to put Bob Conley through; Public Speaking, Debate, and Communications training.

His Debate/Presentation skills are poor! I back him 100% and have family voting for him, but the man seems quite "SLOW"

He also needs to brush up on Lindsey Grahman's statements... he lied, stretched the truth and provided many inaccuracies in the debate.

Get Bob Conley a personal Political Coach... Grahman is too slick!

Did you even watch the debate?

socialize_me
10-14-2008, 09:08 PM

Yes, the guy comes off very scripted and lacks passion. Ron Paul was able to say a lot in a small amount of time and seemed more awake or anxious to get his message across. I like Conley, but just because I support him and agree with him on issues doesn't mean I have to lie and think he's a great speaker when he's not. It's very easy to shine up someone you agree with and downplay any faults in them, but c'mon...Conley isn't very enthusiastic.

HOLLYWOOD
10-14-2008, 09:22 PM

Sure DID!

Conley's communications delivery reminds of the "Special Needs" kids that wear construction helmets to their school.

Then again... South Carolina is pretty SLOW too! what did RP do there? 4%?

Now... back to Darlington Swamp Buggy racing! :rolleyes:

Razmear
10-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Yes, the guy comes off very scripted and lacks passion. Ron Paul was able to say a lot in a small amount of time and seemed more awake or anxious to get his message across. I like Conley, but just because I support him and agree with him on issues doesn't mean I have to lie and think he's a great speaker when he's not. It's very easy to shine up someone you agree with and downplay any faults in them, but c'mon...Conley isn't very enthusiastic.

Bob is an engineer and a pilot, not a politician so he is not going to be as polished as Ron Paul when he speaks.
I did notice that his hand gestures seemed kind of awkward, but his speaking skills will get better with practice, and just because he doesn't come off as polished as a pro doesn't mean that he won't be reading the bills and voting with the constitution in mind instead of what his paid handlers tell him to do like Lindsey and 99% of the others in congress.

Please do what you can to help get Bob in the Senate, and if you have any contacts with C4L or Ron Paul please get him to change his position regarding endorsing candidates running against incumbent republicans.

eb

qh4dotcom
10-14-2008, 09:34 PM
I think he's more deserving of being a Liberty PAC candidate than some already on there.

He sure is but who is inferior to him on the Liberty PAC?

Razmear
10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Bumping for the OP, not the comments beneath.

eb

Razmear
10-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Bumping

slacker921
10-15-2008, 07:02 AM
You could also say that Lindsey Graham came across as a fast talking, slick, Washington insider.

Graham's yard signs need a sign beside them that says "voted for bailout"... (I would say a bumper sticker slapped on them, but a big full sized yard sign with an arrow pointing to his sign would be even more effective.)

Razmear
10-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Graham's yard signs need a sign beside them that says "voted for bailout"... (I would say a bumper sticker slapped on them, but a big full sized yard sign with an arrow pointing to his sign would be even more effective.)

Actually I haven't seen a single Lindsey sign yet in SC. No one here likes him which is why we need to get the word out about Conley.

eb

itshappening
10-15-2008, 10:11 AM
RP will NOT endorse Conley against an incumbent Republican as it would have him thrown out the party. as much as he would like to he can't help him

angelatc
10-15-2008, 10:41 AM
RP will NOT endorse Conley against an incumbent Republican as it would have him thrown out the party. as much as he would like to he can't help him

Then he needs to take his name off the C4L banner to free them up. Duh.

Razmear
10-15-2008, 01:24 PM

Someone please show me the rule that would get Ron kicked out of the party if he endorses Bob Conley.
Til I see it I'm calling BullShit!

eb

Razmear
10-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Bumping....
If Ron can't endorse Bob just because of some party BS, please help spread the word that Bob needs cash and he can get rid of Lindsey Graham from the Senate.
Bob is a true patriot, not a politician. We need someone in South Carolina that represents the citizens, not the special interests.
Please help us get Bob elected!

eb