PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul candidate for Senate needs our help! Please read!

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
10-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Scotty Boman is the Libertarian candidate for U.S. Senate in Michigan. If you live in Michigan or even if you don't, please read this letter and help Scotty get into the debates.

From Scotty:
Remember how frustrating it was when Fox excluded Ron Paul from a debate. Well now I'm being excluded by a broadcaster that is using your tax dollars to promote more big government, by promoting two wings of the same bird of prey!

Is it worth five minutes of your time, to get Scotty Boman (yours truly) in a debate with Carl Levin and Jack Hoogendyk? If so, now is the time to take action. General Manager Michael Walenta, at WGVU (walentam@gvsu.edu), has told me I will not be included in the October 19th Senatorial "Debate" because I donīt have a visible campaign. Well letīs show him how visible we can be.

WGVU is a publicly supported TV station. Excluding any balloted candidate from the event amounts to the use of your tax dollars to promote some candidates at the expense of others.

Please Email him at walentam@gvsu.edu with the message that I have a visible campaign. Then email everyone on your list and ask them to do the same. We can make this go viral.

Finally, follow it up with a phone call at: (616) 331-6666. If he says I donīt have a visible campaign, tell him about some of the things this campaign has done:

* We posted a billboard on I-96 that will be seen by tens of thousands of commuters.
* We printed over a thousand lawn signs, most of which are posted.
* We have printed over 12,000 "slim-Jims" most of which have already been distributed, by volunteers, to their neighbors.
* We have a dominant online presence. This includes; online advertisements, a first rate web page, a meetup group, coverage in online news articles and blogs, a YouTube channel with videos about my campaign, interviews with online broadcasters, and the promotion of my campaign on social networking sites.
* I have made campaign stops throughout the state, including the Upper Peninsula, and I intend to make more. I have had literature booths at the Ann Arbor Art Fair, Hillsdale County Peace and Justice Festival, gun shows and other events. I marched in the "Shields Lions Club Parade." I have already attended several campaign forums (at which Levin and Hoogendyk were no-shows).
* We have reached thousands of liberty-minded voters with professionally produced direct mail.
* I have had interviews on radio talk shows in Traverse City, Lansing, and Kalamazoo.

* Replace this text with the first item of your list
* Replace this text with the next item
* You can add more items by adding lines that start with a

If he says I havenīt done well enough in the polls, ask which statewide polls even asked about me. If there are any let me know. He couldnīt identify any when I asked him.

In liberty,

Scotty Boman

Knightskye
10-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Sent. :D

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
10-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Call them too. Emails are too easy to ignore.

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
10-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Bump

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
10-15-2008, 11:28 AM
If we get enough people calling and contacting this place, Scotty could get into the debates.

kombayn
10-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Bump. Couldn't hurt.

Kyora
10-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh wow I live in Michigan and didn't know this before. ): Sending an e-mail right after this post! I don't feel like I should be calling at 11 pm... Perhaps tomorrow.

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
11-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Oh wow I live in Michigan and didn't know this before. ): Sending an e-mail right after this post! I don't feel like I should be calling at 11 pm... Perhaps tomorrow.

Well I hope you will at least vote for Scotty in a few days. :)