PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Book Ghosted By Ayers?

angelatc
10-14-2008, 05:28 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/who_wrote_dreams_from_my_fathe_1.html

I bought Bill Ayers' 2001 memoir, Fugitive Days, for reasons unrelated to this project. As I discovered, he writes surprisingly well and very much like "Obama." In fact, my first thought was that the two may have shared the same ghostwriter. Unlike Dreams, however, where the high style is intermittent, Fugitive Days is infused with the authorial voice in every sentence. What is more, when Ayers speaks, even off the cuff, he uses a cadence and vocabulary consistent with his memoir. One does not hear any of Dreams in Obama's casual speech.

liberteebell
10-14-2008, 06:16 AM
Interesting. And I'm impressed that someone actually did some research to support his premise.

Not that this will matter one bit, even if proven.

hillertexas
10-14-2008, 06:20 AM
very interesting.

Conza88
10-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Read Ron Paul's book, listen to him in real life... exact match. >.<

constituent
10-14-2008, 06:42 AM
sunlight angling through the city...

...city lights reflected against the clouds....

i wonder how many other psychedelic juxtapositions one could find between the two books?

angelatc
10-14-2008, 06:45 AM
I think I am going to go post this on a bipartisian email list just to send off the Obamabot that goes into a tizzy every time somebody uses a source she believes to be partsian.

Edited: Yep. Her head exploded in less than 5 minutes!

hillertexas
10-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Interesting comment on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA6_k3NtXZs

AGAIN.. OBAMA DID NOT WRITE HIS BOOKS. PERIOD.
They were written by William Ayers. Obama had tried to write a memoir and was paid 125K to do so by Simon and Schuster but he could not
do it. He even goes to Bali to write the book..one year later..no book. Then he meets Bill Ayers and PRESTO "Dream From My Father" is turned out in record time. And guess what?
Obamas writing style is EXACTLY like that which shows up in Ayers "Fugitive Days" a couple years later.

tonesforjonesbones
10-14-2008, 07:53 AM
It is a fact that Ron Paul did not write his Manifesto..Thomas Woods wrote it. Don't yo9u see? Remember when all those threads came about on Thomas Woods on this forum...that was to soften everyone up for the blow that Ron Paul's book was actually written by Thomas Woods...not Ron Paul . smh TONES

hillertexas
10-14-2008, 07:55 AM
It is a fact that Ron Paul did not write his Manifesto..Thomas Woods wrote it. Don't yo9u see? Remember when all those threads came about on Thomas Woods on this forum...that was to soften everyone up for the blow that Ron Paul's book was actually written by Thomas Woods...not Ron Paul . smh TONES

I don't get it, tones. I don't think the point is that Nobama used a ghostwriter, but the specific ghostwriter he allegedly used.

angelatc
10-14-2008, 07:56 AM
I think the point isn't that he had a book ghost written. I think the point is that it would indicate that Obama's relationship with Ayer's isn't as casual as he claims that it is, which absolutely begs the question..."Why would he lie?"

Conza88
10-14-2008, 08:04 AM

Tones... tones... tones... tsk, tsk, tsk... Get a clue. :rolleyes:

hillertexas
10-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Did Bill Ayers Write Obama’s “Dreams”?
http://www.cashill.com/natl_general/did_bill_ayers_write_1.htm

hillertexas
10-14-2008, 08:20 AM
An interesting thread at Free Republic:

Ayers/Obama ghostwriting charge
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2102788/posts

NightOwl
10-14-2008, 08:37 AM

So no one here had ever heard of Thomas Woods until some mysterious phantoms showed up to post about him to "soften us up" for this coming "blow"? For the sake of argument I'll leave aside how deranged that sounds, since you apparently can't tell. You're saying that until then, no one had ever heard of a guy with two books endorsed by Ron Paul, one a New York Times bestseller, who has a big article archive on LewRockwell.com and a book on the Constitution released in July? Really? No one?

I'll quote myself from another thread: "As for Woods saying he 'wrote' it, well he also says he 'wrote' his new antiwar book, but that book is a collection of others' writings. 'Wrote' is obviously just shorthand. And again, by my count Woods has released three books this year. When would he have found the time to 'write' Dr. Paul's book, too? Surely it's not too much to ask forum folks to do two minutes of research to find how implausible this MSM non-story is."