PDA

View Full Version : succession succession succession

shuffleproshaq
10-13-2008, 10:39 PM
I know states can secede, and I think even cities can secede, but can individual people secede lol? I think that if we want to be free of the tyranny of the US government that someone needs to secede. If we wait around for a state to do it, we could be waiting a long long time.

Alright, I'm spelling it correctly now.

Paulitical Correctness
10-13-2008, 10:45 PM
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Jeremy
10-13-2008, 10:48 PM
you mean secede =D

Bruno
10-13-2008, 10:48 PM
To secede, or not secede, that is the question.

mport1
10-13-2008, 10:52 PM
There are people already doing this in New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project and are having some successes. Listen to the radio show in my signature and/or browse their website if you are interested.

nate895
10-13-2008, 11:54 PM
I know states can secede, and I think even cities can secede, but can individual people secede lol? I think that if we want to be free of the tyranny of the US government that someone needs to secede. If we wait around for a state to do it, we could be waiting a long long time.

Depends on your secession theory, but as per our Constitution it would be against the law for anything but the state to secede without the consent of the state's legislature.

Kevin_Kennedy
10-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Actually it's not legal to secede, according to the Supreme Court anyways.

Texas v. White

shuffleproshaq
10-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Actually it's not legal to secede, according to the Supreme Court anyways.

Texas v. White

The supreme court may say it is illegal, but according to natural law it is not and natural law overrules the supreme court right?

Kludge
10-14-2008, 01:26 AM
The supreme court may say it is illegal, but according to natural law it is not and natural law overrules the supreme court right?

Lincoln's Civil War > Natural Rights.

Truth Warrior
10-14-2008, 02:16 AM
If at first you don't succeed, secede! :D

Knightskye
10-14-2008, 02:25 AM
Okay, I think people get the joke.

Secession.

One letter off. But it can make a big difference.

John McCain called his wife a can't. :D

Truth Warrior
10-14-2008, 02:41 AM
Okay, I think people get the joke.

Secession.

One letter off. But it can make a big difference.

John McCain called his wife a can't. :D Who's joking? :rolleyes:

BagOfEyebrows
10-14-2008, 04:25 AM

Yep - this guy has a thing on it: http://www.sovereignlife.com/manifesto.html

That's sorta the complete sovereignty way.

Then there's what mport1 mentioned is going on in New Hampshire. I only found out about it recently, but it sounds like an excellent and legal alternative. My family is about to look into taking the steps to do it. We were going to go the 'no nation' route, but I like the idea of having an already established constitution (in the state constitution of New Hampshire.)