PDA

View Full Version : <IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!> Get Scotty Into The Debate!

Kludge
10-13-2008, 10:05 PM
[posted from MI LP email]

Dear Libertarian:

Is it worth five minutes of your time, to get Scotty Boman in a debate with Carl Levin and Jack Hoogendyk? If so, now is the time to take action. General Manager Michael Walenta, at WGVU (walentam@gvsu.edu (http://us.mc525.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=walentam@gvsu.edu)), has told me I will not be included in the October 19th Senatorial "Debate" because I donīt have a visible campaign. Well letīs show him how visible we can be.

WGVU is a publicly supported TV station. Excluding any balloted candidate from the event amounts to the use of your tax dollars to promote some candidates at the expense of others.

Please Email him at walentam@gvsu.edu (http://us.mc525.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=walentam@gvsu.edu) with the message that I have a visible campaign. Then email everyone on your list and ask them to do the same. We can make this go viral.

Finally, follow it up with a phone call at: (616) 331-6666. If he says I donīt have a visible campaign, tell him about some of the things this campaign has done:

We posted a billboard on I-96 that will be seen by tens of thousands of commuters.
We printed over a thousand lawn signs, most of which are posted.
We have printed over 12,000 "slim-Jims" most of which have already been distributed, by volunteers, to their neighbors.
We have a dominant online presence. This includes; online advertisements, a first rate web page, a meetup group, coverage in online news articles and blogs, a YouTube channel with videos about my campaign, interviews with online broadcasters, and the promotion of my campaign on social networking sites.
I have made campaign stops throughout the state, including the Upper Peninsula, and I intend to make more. I have had literature booths at the Ann Arbor Art Fair, Hillsdale County Peace and Justice Festival, gun shows and other events. I marched in the "Shields Lions Club Parade." I have already attended several campaign forums (at which Levin and Hoogendyk were no-shows).
We have reached thousands of liberty-minded voters with professionally produced direct mail.
I have had interviews on radio talk shows in Traverse City, Lansing, and Kalamazoo.

If he says I havenīt done well enough in the polls, ask which statewide polls even asked about me. If there are any let me know. He couldnīt identify any when I asked him.

In liberty,
Scotty Boman

"We donīt have to live in the kind of America the two major parties have in store for us. Together, let us continue to lay the foundations for an America worthy of our Founding Fathers."
-Ron Paul June 12, 2008-

Kludge
10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Bump!

westmich4paul
10-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Scotty I have already emailed him with no response, but I would love a yard sign to promote you over here in northern Kent county. Let me know where and how I can get one and I'LL BE VERY HAPPY TO PUT IT UP AND GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE!

Kludge
10-14-2008, 12:13 AM
It should be noted that I only posted an email from the MI LP ;)

Kludge
10-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Bump

roho76
10-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Bump

I just sent him an email. Levin's an ass hat and I have talked with Hoogendyk a couple of times he is supporting McCain and that doesn't sit well with me. So I will be voting for Scotty. Plus I'm a Red Wings fan so the name recognition sat well with me.
/S