PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee calls Paul's 9/11 beliefs "utterly naïve" and "ludicrous"

Qiu
09-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) on Thursday blasted Rep. Ron Paul’s (R-Texas) comments about Sept. 11, 2001, in Wednesday night’s debate, offering a second round of harsh criticism of what appears to be Paul’s go-to line.

“He really lit my fuse when he continued to assert that it was our fault we were attacked on Sept. 11,” Huckabee told reporters.

The former governor, who has enjoyed an uptick in media attention since his second-place showing in last month’s Iowa straw poll, said Paul’s comments were “ludicrous and unacceptable,” and the congressman’s beliefs that American presence on the Arabian Peninsula is the reason for the 2001 terrorist attacks are “utterly naïve.”

Huckabee is perhaps looking to share the good will former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) earned by criticizing Paul in an earlier debate.

The former governor also took some shots at the latest entrant onto the crowded GOP presidential field, former Sen. Fred Thompson (Tenn.).

Huckabee criticized Thompson for skipping the debate in favor of an announcement on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.”

“I think Fred should’ve come,” Huckabee said. “What was it about that debate that he didn’t want to be a part of?”

He added that Thompson will have to do some “making up” to New Hampshire voters, and he went further, attacking Thompson’s conservative credentials.

“I’ve never been a Washington lobbyist,” Huckabee said on the call. “I’ve never lobbied for an abortion rights group.”

The former governor acknowledged that Thompson will be a “player,” but he said the former senator is in the “unenviable position” of having to live up to high expectations that Thompson has created by delaying his entrance into the race.

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/huckabee-pauls-debate-comments-ludicrous-and-unacceptable-2007-09-06.html

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm so sick and tired of people saying he blamed US. He blamed our foreign policy. I realize it is hard for people to face that we can't go around invading, occupying and overthrowing sovereign nations, without ticking off a few people, but that's just the way it is.

I thought this was a lesson we all learned when we were about 2 years old. Geez.

john_anderson_ii
09-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm so sick and tired of people saying he blamed US. He blamed our foreign policy. I realize it is hard for people to face that we can't go around invading, occupying and overthrowing sovereign nations, without ticking off a few people, but that's just the way it is.

I thought this was a lesson we all learned when we were about 2 years old. Geez.

You can be damned sure the MSM isn't going to clarify that anytime soon. If it's to be clarified, it's up to us to do it.

Qiu
09-06-2007, 02:28 PM
It's sickening and ironic that someone who spreads a politicized lie like this actually used the "honor" argument against Paul last night.

dmitchell
09-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Why is it so difficult for these fascists to realize the country and her people are not the same as her government? Oh right, because they are fascists.

kylejack
09-06-2007, 02:29 PM
The former governor, who has enjoyed an uptick in media attention since his second-place showing in last month’s Iowa straw poll, said Paul’s comments were “ludicrous and unacceptable,” and the congressman’s beliefs that American presence on the Arabian Peninsula is the reason for the 2001 terrorist attacks are “utterly naïve.”

You know how I know bin Laden attacked us because of our presence on the Saudi Arabian peninsula? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HE FRACKING SAID!

First, for over seven years the United States has been occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of places, the Arabian Peninsula, plundering its riches, dictating to its rulers, humiliating its people, terrorizing its neighbors, and turning its bases in the Peninsula into a spearhead through which to fight the neighboring Muslim peoples.

If some people have in the past argued about the fact of the occupation, all the people of the Peninsula have now acknowledged it. The best proof of this is the Americans' continuing aggression against the Iraqi people using the Peninsula as a staging post, even though all its rulers are against their territories being used to that end, but they are helpless.

Second, despite the great devastation inflicted on the Iraqi people by the crusader-Zionist alliance, and despite the huge number of those killed, which has exceeded 1 million... despite all this, the Americans are once against trying to repeat the horrific massacres, as though they are not content with the protracted blockade imposed after the ferocious war or the fragmentation and devastation.

So here they come to annihilate what is left of this people and to humiliate their Muslim neighbors. Third, if the Americans' aims behind these wars are religious and economic, the aim is also to serve the Jews' petty state and divert attention from its occupation of Jerusalem and murder of Muslims there. The best proof of this is their eagerness to destroy Iraq, the strongest neighboring Arab state, and their endeavor to fragment all the states of the region such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Sudan into paper statelets and through their disunion and weakness to guarantee Israel's survival and the continuation of the brutal crusade occupation of the Peninsula.

All these crimes and sins committed by the Americans are a clear declaration of war on God, his messenger, and Muslims. And ulema have throughout Islamic history unanimously agreed that the jihad is an individual duty if the enemy destroys the Muslim countries. This was revealed by Imam Bin-Qadamah in "Al- Mughni," Imam al-Kisa'i in "Al-Bada'i," al-Qurtubi in his interpretation, and the shaykh of al-Islam in his books, where he said: "As for the fighting to repulse [an enemy], it is aimed at defending sanctity and religion, and it is a duty as agreed [by the ulema]. Nothing is more sacred than belief except repulsing an enemy who is attacking religion and life." On that basis, and in compliance with God's order, we issue the following fatwa to all Muslims:

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty God, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God."
-1996 fatwa

cujothekitten
09-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Well I think Huckabee is "utterly naïve" and "ludicrous... especially on his draconian smoking ban idea.

drew1503
09-06-2007, 02:33 PM
The best was that quote about the Constitution. We can let politics get in the way of this fight, it is a different enemy or something like that. The constitution is not politics, it is LAW. If we are a so called nation of laws, why do we not follow them?

Qiu
09-06-2007, 02:35 PM
So can we expect Ron to present Huckabee with a reading list too? :D

American
09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
What do you expect, American's are stupid.

Check out this spoof where Huckabee gets on camera to congratulate Canada for there new National igloo, he's a monkey. Also has Bush, Gore and a few others. This is what we have to contend with...literal morons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w

BuddyRey
09-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Naive??? No, what's naive is to believe with any level of sincerity that a bunch of evil Islamofascists want to kill us for no apparent reason other than hatred of our freedom.

If it's true that they hate us for our freedom, Bush is doing one Hell of a job hiding that carrot from their hungry gaze. He's doing such a good job even I can't find my freedom anymore!!! :mad:

Kuldebar
09-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Huckabee and his handlers must have had a strategy meeting. Yesterday after the debate, Huckabee was fairly gracious (read real) when asked what he thought of Ron Paul.

But, lo and behold, something has happened! Now, he must go on the attack because some political operative has told him that he needs to maximize on his "gain" from yesterday's debate. By acting polite and honest about Paul, he diminishes his "strong" position in the eyes of potential supporters.

Got to love political advisors.

njandrewg
09-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Ron Paul should definetly present Huckabee and the rest with a reading list...thats an extra day of coverage on TV.

"After last debate I presented Giulliani with a reading list...your attacks on me in last nights debate is evidence that all candidates on that platform need to read these books"

katao
09-06-2007, 04:10 PM
It is the Party Establishment using a 2nd-tier candidate to attack. They learned from the Giuliani confrontation that attacking down never works - but attacking up does.

Bean
09-06-2007, 04:10 PM
All of this naivety talk honestly gets my blood boiling because Americans HAVE to come to the realization that Osama Bin Laden has publically stated that if america was to remove troops from saudi arabian holy land, THERE WOULD BE NO ATTACK.

And not only that, but this is backed up by our own CIA!

How can americans be so blind to the truth when it stares at them hard?

Answer: Puppets like Mike Huckabee and all of his cronies.

Richandler
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Huckabee is just another Bush who happens to look nice.

fj45lvr
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Huckabee is in no position to talk ......he's at the same level as Bin Laden:

He thinks it is GOD's will that we are there to protect Israel as a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy.....

Scary....when supposed "christians" will support dispicable EVIL as "doing god's will"..... he is mentally insane like the majority of the Fundamentalist Christians that have been decieved by false teachers. God isn't in the "real estate" biz.

Vvick727
09-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Any religion shouldn't have a homeland completely off limits to those of another faith, just my thoughts.

katao
09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
he is mentally insane like the majority of the Fundamentalist Christians that have been decieved by false teachers. God isn't in the "real estate" biz.

Careful... Yes, they are deceived but not mentally insane. Good Christians WILL come around with patience and helping them see that the war was not Just and that they are not safer today than before the war. They are one of the keys to a Ron Paul victory.

maxmerkel
09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
It is the Party Establishment using a 2nd-tier candidate to attack. They learned from the Giuliani confrontation that attacking down never works - but attacking up does.

WOW, you are good ! i always wondered where huckabee suddenly came from !!!

exactly ! they needed a "blocker", a very successful 2nd tier candidate, and they did everything they could to prevent ron paul from filling that position...

fj45lvr
09-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Careful... Yes, they are deceived but not mentally insane. Good Christians WILL come around with patience and helping them see that the war was not Just and that they are not safer today than before the war. They are one of the keys to a Ron Paul victory.

"Insane" is a perfect word because it is the opposite of "sane"....this "doctrine" is TAUGHT as apart of "intellectual" thought processes which are an extention of Christian "dispensational theology" as opposed to Christian "covenant theology"(two main ideologies)...these are dis-similar "views" that are attempted to be substantiated by selectively using certain scripture refrences for support of the IDEOLOGY....unfortunately Huckabee's and many of the Christians ideology goes against our "conscience" and as such is false teaching=insane.

Badger Paul
09-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Furher!

Huckabee the fascist.