PDA

View Full Version : Where The Candidates Were Positioned For The Debate

Thom1776
09-06-2007, 01:45 PM
I was at the debate, (thanks wgadget!) and it was announced that the positions on the stage were drawn at random.

If I were to assign positions based on "polls", "credibility", "recognition", etc., I would probably have set it up identically, if not very close, to what the so-called "random" assignments gave us.

The odds of the candidates getting the positions that they got are:

40,320:1

Does anyone really believe this arrangement was "random"?

yaz
09-06-2007, 01:50 PM
no

svillee
09-06-2007, 03:17 PM
I was at the debate, too, and I also noticed the "convenient" positioning.

But as I recall, the announcer never used the word "random". He just said the positioning was based on "a drawing" or something like that. Maybe someone at FOX News drew a diagram of where the candidates should be positioned, and that's the "drawing" that was used. :)

I wonder if anyone has a YouTube or other recording of what the announcer actually said.

quickmike
09-06-2007, 03:20 PM

But as I recall, the announcer never used the word "random". He just said the positioning was based on "a drawing" or something like that. Maybe someone at FOX News drew a diagram of where the candidates should be positioned, and that's the "drawing" that was used. :)

I wonder if anyone has a YouTube or other recording of what the announcer actually said.

Yeah, when Fox said "drawing" I think this is what they really meant.

Assholes.

http://www.csde.umb.edu/pni/images/3Kids-FuntoHaveFriends.jpg

FluffyUnbound
09-06-2007, 03:20 PM

You're right, he said a drawing.

But then again, he said anyone who applauded would be kicked out and arrested for trespass, and that wasn't true either.

paulitics
09-06-2007, 03:24 PM
I was at the debate, (thanks wgadget!) and it was announced that the positions on the stage were drawn at random.

If I were to assign positions based on "polls", "credibility", "recognition", etc., I would probably have set it up identically, if not very close, to what the so-called "random" assignments gave us.

The odds of the candidates getting the positions that they got are:

40,320:1

Does anyone really believe this arrangement was "random"?

no, esp considering it has occured in every debate.

cjhowe
09-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, when Fox said "drawing" I think this is what they really meant.

Assholes.

http://www.csde.umb.edu/pni/images/3Kids-FuntoHaveFriends.jpg

love it!