PDA

View Full Version : Monday Dow and market watch

rockjoa
10-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Opened and currently holding at +400. A lot of this is based on weekend futures, will it hold out?

DJ24966
10-13-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm guessing it's rigged, and will fall again.

rockjoa
10-13-2008, 07:37 AM
currently at 340 but bouncing around a bit

eric_cartman
10-13-2008, 07:37 AM
and even though they "flooded the market with dollars" gold goes down... go figure

rockjoa
10-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Hopefully they don't let Bush on TV that's a guaranteed -100 and -25 for each time he mentions Bernake or Paulson.

My guess is if his is on he will either talk about more bank intervention or globalization of central banks.

Sandra
10-13-2008, 07:47 AM
The guy that sits at the controls of that lite brite market board holds all the power. All he has to do is change one number, cause panic, and it crashes.

Or does there need to be panic at all? He could just change numbers to reflect a crash.

Sarge
10-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Caution. The bond market is not open today. It might make a big difference on any rally tomorrow.

This could be a sucker rally.

rockjoa
10-13-2008, 07:59 AM
How does the bond market affect the DOW market?

acptulsa
10-13-2008, 08:02 AM
How does the bond market affect the DOW market?

Heh. In mysterious ways during normal times, and these ain't normal times...

Sarge
10-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Bond market deals more on the credit tightness. Willingness to lend.

acptulsa
10-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Bond market deals more on the credit tightness. Willingness to lend.

As a general rule, the bond market rises when stocks fall. However, it seems few people have confidence in our governments these days for some reason, so bonds are down. Usually, low stocks mean high gold, too...

Scribbler de Stebbing
10-13-2008, 08:22 AM
and even though they "flooded the market with dollars" gold goes down... go figure

First, inflation takes time. The new money has its full value when it initially goes straight to the robber barons. Gold will rise and rise over the next year, but don't expect anything by tomorrow.

Second, gold on the physical market HAS gone up. Gold funds were getting sold off with other funds, so even though some of us were buying, it's actually pretty good that it's gone up as much as it has. If you go to eBay, the true market, you'll see that gold is going for over $1,000 an ounce, for as much as $1,200 an ounce. And you'd be lucky to find much stock in dealer stores. Demand hit hard and that will drive prices up.

ghengis86
10-13-2008, 08:49 AM
First, inflation takes time. The new money has its full value when it initially goes straight to the robber barons. Gold will rise and rise over the next year, but don't expect anything by tomorrow.

Second, gold on the physical market HAS gone up. Gold funds were getting sold off with other funds, so even though some of us were buying, it's actually pretty good that it's gone up as much as it has. If you go to eBay, the true market, you'll see that gold is going for over $1,000 an ounce, for as much as $1,200 an ounce. And you'd be lucky to find much stock in dealer stores. Demand hit hard and that will drive prices up.

gold at my local coin dealer is around $1,000 an ounce. my dealer says he's seen some people that have paid up to $1,250 an ounce. paper gold is not reflective of the actual gold market and supply.

JenH88
10-13-2008, 09:44 AM
haha.. I was right, bounced back up today.. we'll see how it holds, but the bond markets are closed..

And soooo predictable.. DOW is up and guess why? THE MARKET IS FINALLY RESPONDING TO THE BAILOUT.. LMFAO... what will their excuse be when it falls again?

Dorfsmith
10-13-2008, 09:48 AM
The propaganda machine never slows down.

JenH88
10-13-2008, 09:50 AM
The propaganda machine never slows down.

Never. LOL.. :rolleyes:

Brassmouth
10-13-2008, 10:21 AM
And soooo predictable.. DOW is up and guess why? THE MARKET IS FINALLY RESPONDING TO THE BAILOUT.. LMFAO... what will their excuse be when it falls again?

:mad:

And guess what? When it crashes again they'll blame it on the free market.

This makes me so mad! :mad:

bluemarkets
10-13-2008, 10:26 AM
long overdue for a bounce ... this rally will be brief, but will ultimately continue back down...

the reason is gold going down is because COMEX gold is not gold! there is a huge disparity between the paper and physical markets in precious metals... try to find any silver or gold at spot price you cant.

Soon this will unravel and silver and gold will skyrocket

(just my opinion)

JenH88
10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
:mad:

And guess what? When it crashes again they'll blame it on the free market.

This makes me so mad! :mad:

You'd seriously think people would wake up to the bullshit..

Dow fell when we "didn't pass the bailout".. the very next day it was up, and that was "because the new bailout was coming".. was down the rest of that week.. dropped more when they passed the bailout and it was because "the bailout will take time".. market has been down a whole week after they pass it.. and still, "the bailout will take a while to effect the market, cnn and stuff were even saying it'll prolly take 6 months to effect the market.. now the dead cat bounces back up and it's "ALL HAIL, THE BAILOUT WORKED".. lmfao.. it's really pathetic..:rolleyes:

Brassmouth
10-13-2008, 12:06 PM
You'd seriously think people would wake up to the bullshit..

Dow fell when we "didn't pass the bailout".. the very next day it was up, and that was "because the new bailout was coming".. was down the rest of that week.. dropped more when they passed the bailout and it was because "the bailout will take time".. market has been down a whole week after they pass it.. and still, "the bailout will take a while to effect the market, cnn and stuff were even saying it'll prolly take 6 months to effect the market.. now the dead cat bounces back up and it's "ALL HAIL, THE BAILOUT WORKED".. lmfao.. it's really pathetic..:rolleyes:

Yes, but even more pathetic is that people actually believe them. I don't care what the MSM says at all. What aggravates me is the fact that what they say (no matter how ridiculous) is lapped up and believed by countless people every day. It's sickening.

ryanduff
10-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Yes, but even more pathetic is that people actually believe them. I don't care what the MSM says at all. What aggravates me is the fact that what they say (no matter how ridiculous) is lapped up and believed by countless people every day. It's sickening.

Its called the Dumbing Down of America. It started with the Department of Education. Dumb people are easier to control. They can't think for themselves and fight back.

dwdollar
10-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Volume is pathetically low. What a rally though! Whoo!!! Good times are back.:rolleyes:

maqsur
10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Reminds me of the mass mentality in the movie "Idiocracy." Funny movie by the way, but we may be headed in that direction...

Scofield
10-13-2008, 12:32 PM
So why are the DOW and NASDAQ bouncing back today?

Dorfsmith
10-13-2008, 12:34 PM
So why are the DOW and NASDAQ bouncing back today?

Because the bailout worked ;)

BarryDonegan
10-13-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't think anyone is fooled by this. if anything, we just got screwed into a new bailout by the actions of europe.

Scofield
10-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Because the bailout worked ;)

Seriously though, why are they bouncing back?

Will they continue to rise? Is it going to drop again anytime soon? What can I, and the rest of America, look forward to in the future?

I am not educated on the economy or this current crisis, so any information would be appreciated.

JenH88
10-13-2008, 12:42 PM

Will they continue to rise? Is it going to drop again anytime soon? What can I, and the rest of America, look forward to in the future?

I am not educated on the economy or this current crisis, so any information would be appreciated.

No one knows for sure- there's no exact formula obviously or we'd all be rich, lol, can just predict trends.. looks like a dead cat bounce though.. the theory behind that is if you drop a dead cat off a high enough plateau, even it will bounce back up.. even if the market rallys the rest of the week it really means nothing. From the monetary policies though, the end result in inevitable- we are going to have a recession/depression.. it's just a question of when..

Bond markets are closed today as well, def. is also playing a role into today's rally...

Dorfsmith
10-13-2008, 12:44 PM

I'm not an expert either but I think there will be a bump for a few days before stocks start heading lower again. There will be a lot of bad economic news reported soon (unemployment, earnings, etc) and investors will soon realize that this new world bailout is just smoke and mirrors too. There is no way the world can keep the system running the way it has been.

blocks
10-13-2008, 12:46 PM
They fixed it!!!! Yayyy!!!!

awake
10-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes...
http://i35.tinypic.com/t7n5o5.jpg

JenH88
10-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Its called the Dumbing Down of America. It started with the Department of Education. Dumb people are easier to control. They can't think for themselves and fight back.

The dumbing down of the masses surely didn't begin with the Dept of Ed. Dumb mass mentality has been in place as long as civilization itself- when leaders are in power, masses get lazy and stop thinking for themselves, thinking that whoever is in power "knows best". Even during the Revolutionary War, most of the population were loyalists.. TPTB just keep perfecting the techniques of controlling the masses and dumbing people down- the Dept. of Ed. was a HUGE step in the right direction for TPTB tho. LOL..

Reminds me of the mass mentality in the movie "Idiocracy." Funny movie by the way, but we may be headed in that direction...

Great movie.. funny.. but at the same time.. not so funny.. we are def. going that way..

Otter Mii-kun
10-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes...
http://i35.tinypic.com/t7n5o5.jpg
Looks like the bear markets in equities are over-perhaps permanently-and the dollar will be inevitably destroyed-just to "save the middle class" and "prevent financial Armageddon".
It's become obvious the markets will never be seen at the bottoms of Friday ever again...
According to the powerbrokering globalist monetary-financial elite, greed is good. After all, we've been told numerous times-what's good for Wall Street=always good for the rest of America. And that deflation, bear markets, and falling prices are always bad-no matter what the cause.

Like I said in a previous post:
Bear Markets=Bad, especially if deflationary forces at work
Bull Markets=Good, even if it means massive inflation.

Makes me wonder if they're trying to get results similar to this:
http://mises.org/images4/ZimbabweIndustrialIndex.jpg
http://mises.org/story/2532

The dumbing down of the masses surely didn't begin with the Dept of Ed. Dumb mass mentality has been in place as long as civilization itself- when leaders are in power, masses get lazy and stop thinking for themselves, thinking that whoever is in power "knows best". Even during the Revolutionary War, most of the population were loyalists.. TPTB just keep perfecting the techniques of controlling the masses and dumbing people down- the Dept. of Ed. was a HUGE step in the right direction for TPTB tho."Public" school economics curricula glamorize government intervention whenever markets make any kind of downturn-and paint the picture that all bull markets must never end-and that deflation is always bad-and that the Great Depression was caused and made worse by the alleged "lack of intervention by the Hoover administration".

dwdollar
10-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Not impressive. If it does this 5 days straight on higher volume I might be impressed.

Dorfsmith
10-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Not impressive. If it does this 5 days straight on higher volume I might be impressed.

Do you have a link where I could compare volume?

dwdollar
10-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Do you have a link where I could compare volume?

http://www.investors.com/indices.asp?mi=0DJIA

dwdollar
10-13-2008, 01:24 PM
You have to pay for investors.com to get a bigger graph but use yahoo finance.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EDJI#chart1:symbol=^dji;range=1d;indic ator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues =0;logscale=on;source=undefined

Judging by the intraday on yahoo, it has picked up some toward the end.

Dorfsmith
10-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Cool. Thanks.

abruzz0
10-13-2008, 01:38 PM
The economy is exploding. Life is perfect again. The DOW's heading straight through the roof. Prosperity for all! The IMF and our globalist slavemasters have saved us in the nick of time. Woo, that was close there. We nearly had a full collapse, but everything's fine now. GDP is expanding. One of the greatest days in American history. Anyone who disagrees with this is obviously an al-Qaeda operative who deserves to be tasered, tortured, and held without trial at Guantanamo. Rooting for the stock market and Wall Street is patriotic. Rudy Guiliani salutes you. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vegaspilot03
10-13-2008, 02:00 PM
yep, the people can rest again. somehow, i still dont have a job, my friends hours at work are being cut back, food is more expensive, and somehow... even though the barrel of gas is not $130+ anymore, they are around $75/barre... gas prices are holding over $3 easily countrywide. What about cost of education, what about the war, what about the terrorists, what about Washington, nothing has changed. nothing.

their time will come. for now, just keep spreading the love.

Otter Mii-kun
10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
The economy is exploding. Life is perfect again. The DOW's heading straight through the roof. Prosperity for all! The IMF and our globalist slavemasters have saved us in the nick of time. Woo, that was close there. We nearly had a full collapse, but everything's fine now. GDP is expanding. One of the greatest days in American history. Anyone who disagrees with this is obviously an al-Qaeda operative who deserves to be tasered, tortured, and held without trial at Guantanamo. Rooting for the stock market and Wall Street is patriotic. Rudy Guiliani salutes you. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That's exactly the kind of propaganda the mainstream financial media is pitching-that what's good for Wall Street is always good for America in general. This is entirely inflationary forces of central banking fiat at work.
Been like that ever since FDR administration.:rolleyes: