PDA

View Full Version : is your state on the list the Bush Administration has Blackmailed????

CountryMe
10-13-2008, 06:47 AM
I don't think this article has been posted but if it has I apologize! I try to look before I post anything to make sure it's not already up but it's hard to read ALL the threads :) Although I do read a lot of them.

Ron Paul is mentioned in this article!

NATIONAL ID & THE CONUNDRUM OF ENFORCEMENT

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd393.htm

I won't post the whole article but here is just some of it:

By: Devvy
September 18, 2008

© 2008 - NewsWithViews.com

The clock is ticking on the shadow government's tracking of your every move with the so-called National ID. For those who might not be familiar with this Nazi style snooping and forced production of "Show your papers," Rep. Sam E. Rohrer, has very thoroughly and succinctly explained it in this column. It is a must read for all Americans (perhaps this weekend) to fully understand they may soon be forced to accept the loss of their rights or lose their job:

Congressman Ron Paul explains the real issue here:

“National ID cards are not proper in a free society,” Paul stated. “This is America, not Soviet Russia. The federal government should never be allowed to demand papers from American citizens, and it certainly has no constitutional authority to do so.”[2]

Voluntary v mandatory

"Supporters claim it is not a national ID because it is voluntary. However, any state that opts out will automatically make non-persons out of its citizens. The citizens of that state will be unable to have any dealings with the federal government because their ID will not be accepted. They will not be able to fly or to take a train. In essence, in the eyes of the federal government they will cease to exist. It is absurd to call this voluntary."[3]

The State of Arizona has signed into law: NO National ID:

"Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano signed a bill today that prohibits the implementation of the REAL ID in Arizona. SB2677 received a Final vote of approval in the House last week by an overwhelming margin of 51 to 1. Napolitano’s signature was uncertain until today when she signed the bill into law.

"The bill prohibits implementation of the REAL ID Act of 2005, which was passed by Congress as part of a supplemental spending bill for tsunami relief and the War on Terror. The bill did not receive a hearing in either the House or the Senate, and the public was largely unaware of it until it had already been signed into law.

“Everyone thinks that the REAL ID is just about protecting us against terrorism,” said co-sponsor Senator Karen Johnson (R-18). “But it really represents a cash cow for technology companies as well as the birth of the National ID card, complete with all the biometric information that technology can handle – face recognition, fingerprints, etc.”[4]

Clearly, the National ID is voluntary to the states. However, the Bush Administration has used blackmail to force the states to go along with this draconian plan:

This is the conundrum of enforcement staring the Bush Administration and the next one right in the face. The Feds have already had to back up and if the states remain strong and defiant, we will win:

"But the way this turned out is so odd it's worth repeating. States including New Hampshire, Maine, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Washington, and Montana have enacted laws saying "hell no we'll never comply with Real ID." And Homeland Security officials carefully ignored those public votes of condemnation, instead pretending that those states really intend to acquiesce by the next major deadline of December 31, 2009. (See our special report on Real ID from earlier this year.)" [6]

END OF QUOTED PARTS OF THE ARTICLE

My state must be on the blackmail list because it's not listed with the others
above! What about your state? Is it on their blackmail list????

Feelgood
10-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Isnt this the SAME logic used for income tax? "Voluntary compliance"?

"If something is voluntary, then you dont have to comply. If you HAVE to comply, then it isnt voluntary." - Irwin Schiff