PDA

View Full Version : Are the 3,000 troops for Washington D.C.?

Bodhi
10-12-2008, 03:29 PM
3,000 troops is not enough to prevent or squash political dissent across the US. 3,000 troops however, would be enough to lock down Washington D.C. pretty tight, which of course would be the main target of many protestors.

Kludge
10-12-2008, 03:38 PM
hmmm?

puppetmaster
10-12-2008, 03:39 PM
3,000 troops is not enough to prevent or squash political dissent across the US. 3,000 troops however, would be enough to lock down Washington D.C. pretty tight, which of course would be the main target of many protestors.

they will be close

Bodhi
10-12-2008, 04:08 PM
they will be close Where are they going to be stationed? I can't remember off the top of my head, was it FT Polk?

Bodhi
10-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Am I off base on this one? I'm seeing a lot of views but not a lot of replies.

dr. hfn
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Contact your local militias, get them involved in the Freedom Movement. They are valuable and knowledgeable allies

jabrownie
10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Am I off base on this one? I'm seeing a lot of views but not a lot of replies.

It's the 1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry that was moved to the U.S. Total of 4700 troops, they are to be initially stationed at Fort Stewart Georgia. They are going by the nickname "The First Raiders". They've spent three of the last five years in Iraq and were among the first into Baghdad. They've been getting trained on "non-lethal" equipment, yet the military has tried to say that it has nothing to do with their permanent assignment. This despite an unnerving quote given by Col. Barry Johnson of U.S. Army Northern Command "We need a lot more in our toolbox in order to deal with angry people on the street". The military has tried to say that it is primarily for responding to a major event like a WMD, but the above quote, the training they are receiving and the directives they are operating under all suggest or at least leave open the real potential for use as civilian crowd control.

Hope that answered a few questions.....unless the OP was referring to a second group of active military being placed on assignment in the U.S., in which case I have heard nothing about it. :-P

freelance
10-12-2008, 06:59 PM

I seem to remember something a couple of years ago (on the Internet blogs) about stationing a good number of troops in D.C. Your post jogged my memory. I have no link. I barely even remembered it. It would make sense that D.C. is where they might be needed. Maybe the military has its own "time monks" and can use predictive linguistics to know where things might get crazy even before they do. Who knows?

FindLiberty
10-12-2008, 07:08 PM
It's operation Eagle Eye (inspired by the new movie by the same title).

They will be installing Ron Paul as POTUS before November.

...and his re-election Nov 5th, 2008 will be a shoe-in.