PDA

View Full Version : Taxpayer Sickout Day -

2BFree
10-11-2008, 11:51 PM
What could we really do to express our displeasure with the financial crisis and bailout? Really send a message - something that might actually work, get the attention this issue deserves, break no laws and hurt no one in the process. I have mulled this over for a while.

Not paying taxes is not going to get the desired effect. First, not enough of your countrymen have the courage to follow suit and many, if not most, will see this simply as you shirking your payment of your fair share.

What would work in my opinion, and would get the co-operation and participation of most, along with the desired attention, would be a nation-wide strike - sick-out - whatever we want to call it.

We would need to declare it and publicize heavily - this would let those in Washington know of our resolve, and everyone could/would support it...and those that don't would take the day off anyway...magnify our numbers.

How about Monday Oct. 27?

qh4dotcom
10-11-2008, 11:59 PM
If you don't want to pay taxes, there is a legal way to do it....earn a poor man's salary and live off your savings.

That's what the wealthy should be doing....Obama would be screwed if the wealthy started to rely more on their bank account and earned less money since he's counting on their 50%+ taxes for all his extravagant spending.

2BFree
10-12-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm not suggesting not paying taxes - I do think there are better ways to collect them however.

What I am suggesting is that, we as taxpayers have a right and reason to hold our elected officials accountable. Emails, phones and faxes are contemptuously
being ignored. We do hold the power, we can exercise it.

We can and should send a message that politicians of both parties cannot take the taxpayers for granted. They cannot pass legislation condemning us and our children to paying for their excesses without investigation, without recourse and without consequence.

With enough participation, a nationwide sickout would send a powerful message.