PDA

View Full Version : I may need the RP grassroot's help

Grimnir Wotansvolk
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
As some of you may know, I live in Illinois, and it's currently being debated whether or not to hold our constitutional convention, which has been slated for 2008.

I'd like to run as a delegate for the convention, and otherwise push the general idea of holding one.

One thing I want to focus on is encouraging the state of illinois to issue a declaration of independence against the U.S. Federal government. It wouldn't necessarily go straight for secession, but rather a move to establish several planks in our constitution which send a "hands off!" message to the Fed gov; matters such as the environment and education, as well as a balanced budget clause and some sort of monetary failsafe against the imminent crashing of the U.S. dollar. And perhaps, I'd also like to suggest that we consider establishing a foothold on soldiers that originate from Illinois, maybe reconstituting them as their own self contained, state-owned military force, which could easily be brought home at a moment's notice.

Then again, I'm rather ignorant as to the legitimacy and intricacies of many of these issues, so any help would be appreciated.

I'm currently inundated with overtime between two jobs, but once that clears I'm going to immediately get started on firing off letters to the newspaper and local politicians, as well as catching up on info and starting a blogosphere + canvassing campaign.

I will say, though, that we have to act fast. If I remember correctly, the convention is set for early November. So any brainstorming or suggestions in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

It's a long shot, but it could be a defining moment if I/we have any semblance of success. Every push counts.

TastyWheat
10-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, I think your state (and the rest of them) should put your foot down about the national guard. I'm not sure what legislation or executive order gives the President this power, but he can call on the national guard without your governor's permission and even deploy them to another state with neither governor's permission. He's got his soldiers and we've got ours.

nate895
10-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Go for it. Push for nullification of the most egregious offenses of the Federal government.

Jeremy
10-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Land of Lincoln seceding?
IRONY