PDA

View Full Version : Top Contributors - McCain, Obama, Paul

Lucille
10-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Top Contributors - McCain, Obama, Paul (http://nahc4.com/src/1222917145560.jpg)

http://nahc4.com/src/1222917145560.jpg

Kludge
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
U.S. Postal Service?

Those folks are very confused, I believe...

Are there any charts using the same years?

Kevin_Kennedy
10-11-2008, 05:46 PM
U.S. Postal Service?

I worked for the Postal Service and donated to Ron Paul.

Kludge
10-11-2008, 05:47 PM

You must be very principled if you're willing to give up your job for Ron's policies.

Kevin_Kennedy
10-11-2008, 05:49 PM
You must be very principled if you're willing to give up your job for Ron's policies.

I don't work there anymore, and I never intended to make a career out of it.

Zera
10-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I'd be a mailman just to drive their little cars. They seem like fun toys.

Kevin_Kennedy
10-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I'd be a mailman just to drive their little cars. They seem like fun toys.

They're extremely hot and, depending on which model you're driving, very slow. Driving on the right side was interesting though.

constituent
10-11-2008, 06:08 PM
i find it extremely interesting that ron paul is the only candidate that the "u.s. department of defense" registers as a top donor.

Dorfsmith
10-11-2008, 06:08 PM

Me too :cool:

Dorfsmith
10-11-2008, 06:10 PM
I don't work there anymore, and I never intended to make a career out of it.

Same here. I worked there for a year as a casual clerk and then they asked me to go through the process to make it a career. I said forget that. It was the worst job I ever had :D

constituent
10-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Me too :cool:

bastards.

i have to say, rural mail carrier is my dream job.

Dorfsmith
10-11-2008, 06:12 PM
bastards.

Ha ha. I was stuffing mail in Boxes all day at the post office. It was no fun.

Brassmouth
10-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Isn't Lockheed a defense contractor? Wtf?

Kludge
10-11-2008, 06:17 PM
bastards.

:eek: Hope they pay for your gas.

Otherwise, delivering the mail seems like it'd be somewhat enjoyable (definitely not working as a clerk there...).

Kevin_Kennedy
10-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Same here. I worked there for a year as a casual clerk and then they asked me to go through the process to make it a career. I said forget that. It was the worst job I ever had :D

I was there twice. First time as a casual carrier and more recently as a casual clerk. It was also the worst job I ever had lol.

tremendoustie
10-11-2008, 06:20 PM

I work for the gvm't too, sort of, and if it meant economic liberty and a return to the constitution, I'd be thrilled to lose my job. I don't think it's that extraordinary (I'd get a better job anyway). What's extraordinary is being willing to screw the country over for the sake of your own pocket.

Kludge
10-11-2008, 06:23 PM
What's extraordinary is being willing to screw the country over for the sake of your own pocket.

Idunno... I see more and more Obama shirts every day.

liberteebell
10-11-2008, 06:30 PM
U.S. Postal Service?

What's confusing? Establishing post offices and postal roads is in the Constitution; maybe not what we have today, but even so, I can think of many more things I'd cut out before I got to the US postal service.

My regular mailman just recently told me that he likes Ron Paul and one of the subs is a big Ron Paul fan. Maybe they donated :cool:

Kludge
10-11-2008, 06:33 PM
While we have two from USPS here... If the person I'm sending an envelope to lives in an apartment, is it:

1212 BRUSSELS RD
APT F

or

1212 BRUSSELS RD APT F

?

Kevin_Kennedy
10-11-2008, 06:37 PM
While we have two from USPS here... If the person I'm sending an envelope to lives in an apartment, is it:

1212 BRUSSELS RD
APT F

or

1212 BRUSSELS RD APT F

?

Either is fine.

Kludge
10-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Either is fine.

:D Thanks.

constitutional
10-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Obama looks worse than McCain on that chart.

Michael Landon
10-11-2008, 07:37 PM

Me too, and I still work for the Postal Service.

- ML

silverhawks
10-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I tried showing this chart to someone in light of the current economic crisis and the vote on the bailout - they said that it proved nothing, and that I should look to Paul's "white supremacist donations" as proof Obama and McCain are better candidates for President...not policies, not voting record, not obvious lies...

I pretty much shot down their accusations in flames, but the sheer ignorance of their statement was mind-numbing. =/

Anyone with half a brain can see Paul was hit with a smear campaign.

Kludge
10-11-2008, 07:44 PM
I tried showing this chart to someone in light of the current economic crisis and the vote on the bailout - they said that it proved nothing, and that I should look to Paul's "white supremacist donations" as proof Obama and McCain are better candidates for President...not policies, not voting record, not obvious lies...

I pretty much shot down their accusations in flames, but the sheer ignorance of their statement was mind-numbing. =/

Anyone with half a brain can see Paul was hit with a smear campaign.

I don't see the difference.

If we can claim that McBama is a bad candidate because he was donated to by "bad" corporations, is it really that far a stretch to claim Paul was a bad candidate because he was donated to and practically endorsed by Stormfront's administration?