PDA

View Full Version : New folks.

BillyDkid
09-06-2007, 12:32 PM
It is so cool to see all the new folks in here - all excited and everything. I think they caught the fever.

Give me liberty
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the forums:)

cujothekitten
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome to all the new people :)

Abobo
09-06-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm one of those new people, and I'm glad to be here. It is exiting to be around so many like minded people! :)

I've been a long time silent supporter of Ron Paul. I hadn't really been too exited about his campaign because I believed all those polls putting him at like 3%. It felt like a waste of time and a lost cause. It wasn't until an online friend of mine actually started talking to me about Ron Paul that I learned he had so much support, that he had won so many of the straw polls, and that he had won the online polls after the debates.

When I learned this I was shocked that the major media continued to ignore him. I began doing some looking and sure enough Ron Paul did have a huge amount of support, and he did have a real chance at winning no matter what the major news outlets want us to believe.

My point to this little story is to encourage everyone here to tell everyone and anyone about Ron Paul. Be sure to stress that he is a REAL candidate, not just some lost cause with a few fanatical supporters. You never know, there may be a lot more closet Ron Paul supporters out there who are just led into believing that he can not win.

adpierce
09-06-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm new too, but I've been reading the forums for awhile now, they're very informative.

Shink
09-06-2007, 12:57 PM
We are absolutely pleased to meet you guys. Every one of us is an asset.

Spirit of '76
09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the Revolution, folks!

adpierce
09-06-2007, 01:09 PM
I've been a part of the Revolution since may... before the first debate. I even voted for Dr. Paul (personally a patriotic high point) in the Iowa Straw Poll. I don't however know why I waited so long to join the forum, but I'm here now.

ThePieSwindler
09-06-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm one of those new people, and I'm glad to be here. It is exiting to be around so many like minded people! :)

I've been a long time silent supporter of Ron Paul. I hadn't really been too exited about his campaign because I believed all those polls putting him at like 3%. It felt like a waste of time and a lost cause. It wasn't until an online friend of mine actually started talking to me about Ron Paul that I learned he had so much support, that he had won so many of the straw polls, and that he had won the online polls after the debates.

When I learned this I was shocked that the major media continued to ignore him. I began doing some looking and sure enough Ron Paul did have a huge amount of support, and he did have a real chance at winning no matter what the major news outlets want us to believe.

My point to this little story is to encourage everyone here to tell everyone and anyone about Ron Paul. Be sure to stress that he is a REAL candidate, not just some lost cause with a few fanatical supporters. You never know, there may be a lot more closet Ron Paul supporters out there who are just led into believing that he can not win.

There are so many people that were like that, if they just voted on principle and stopped believing the "he cant win" shit, we'd probably have a hundred thousand more supporters or more.

Spirit of '76
09-06-2007, 01:14 PM
I even voted for Dr. Paul (personally a patriotic high point) in the Iowa Straw Poll.

Thank you! :)

Bean
09-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Stumbling across this candidate quite by accident has been the best accident of my life.

All of you all seem extremely nice and this forum is freaking awesome! Look forward to talking with all of you.

ODU_Truth
09-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Welcome newcomers thanks for Join the Revolution!

HalogenFlood
09-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Raises hand.

New here too.

I first heard of Ron from snippets in the mainstream media after he sparred with Guiliani in the SC debate. I bought the spin that he was some crazy old guy that didn't belong on the stage with the other Republicans. At that time I still believed that the Democrats were irresponsible to call for a pullout from Iraq.

Well, not long after that, I was feeling particularly disillusioned with the political landscape and started doing research on third parties. I was reading the Wikipedia article about the Constitution Party and it mentioned that Ron Paul was a possible choice for their presidential candidate. This peaked my interest and I starting digging for more info about him. Needless to say, I've been a supporter since. My eyes have been opened to the cause of liberty and I no longer feel like I am wandering blindly through the political wilderness. I now feel empowered and motivated to work for change in our great country -- sentiments I never really had before.

paulitics
09-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Stumbling across this candidate quite by accident has been the best accident of my life.

All of you all seem extremely nice and this forum is freaking awesome! Look forward to talking with all of you.

Welcome aboard. When did this stumbling occur, was it last night's debate? You will find many democrats, republicans, libertarians that are here for a common purpose.

Shink
09-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Raises hand.

New here too.

I first heard of Ron from snippets in the mainstream media after he sparred with Guiliani in the SC debate. I bought the spin that he was some crazy old guy that didn't belong on the stage with the other Republicans. At that time I still believed that the Democrats were irresponsible to call for a pullout from Iraq.

Well, not long after that, I was feeling particularly disillusioned with the political landscape and started doing research on third parties. I was reading the Wikipedia article about the Constitution Party and it mentioned that Ron Paul was a possible choice for their presidential candidate. This peaked my interest and I starting digging for more info about him. Needless to say, I've been a supporter since. My eyes have been opened to the cause of liberty and I no longer feel like I am wandering blindly through the political wilderness. I now feel empowered and motivated to work for change in our great country -- sentiments I never really had before.

THANK YOU. It is wonderful to meet all of you. Love the name, HalogenFlood.

Bean
09-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Welcome aboard. When did this stumbling occur, was it last night's debate? You will find many democrats, republicans, libertarians that are here for a common purpose.

No, actually I found out about RP from one of my friends who said he was a fringe candidate and all of that. And then I heard about him on the news because of the whole Giuliani/Paul debacle; less than a week later, I was hooked.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hurricane Bruiser
09-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Welcome newbies. Good to have some more members of Ron Paul's growing army. We have people here from all points of the political spectrum which you will be able to tell after awhile but we are all united in the cause of Liberty and electing a great man with great ideas.

krott5333
09-06-2007, 01:51 PM
wooohooooo I LOVE RON PAUL

torchbearer
09-06-2007, 02:39 PM
We can win this election! Our numbers grow by the day... !

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 04:07 PM
It's time for us to do our magic. We have the ammo. Lord Xar just posted a great new 2-sided grassroots campaign flyer.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=167877

Someone recently posted a 2nd amendment slim-jim.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15067&highlight=2nd+amendment

We can order official campaign slim jims and bumper stickers from the campaign or your Meetup group. (at no charge) If you want to order them yourself...
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=xzgoSh_2b320xcwVbQMek2CQ_3d_3d

We can print off Issue Statements and tri-folds from the campaign.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/
Note: Scroll 1/2 way down the page.

We can print off a few select speeches from www.ronpaullibrary.org

We've got what we need. All we have to do is use our legs.

ghemminger
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Welcome to the Revolution!

So, you have just discovered Ron Paul. Congratulations and welcome to the revolution! Many of you have never been involved with a political movement before. I was you merely six months ago. I expect that you are much like I was a few months ago, unsure of what to do next. Hopefully this will give you a little orientation to the Ron Paul Revolution!

1)There is no national direction for our grassroots campaign- so don't wait for instructions.

This may come as a surprise to you, but we are a true grassroots movement. The signs you see, the fliers you have received, and the Internet dominance we have achieved have been independent from the national campaign. So what does this mean to you? Since no one is in charge, we have to take charge for ourselves. Ideally this would be done through your local Meetup group. These small groups are the smaller cells that make up the body of the campaign. You can access Meetup directly, or go through the www.RonPaul2008.com website. Join a local group and see what they are doing. You may find that working with a small local group is better than going it alone. This does, however, lead me to my second point

2)Ron Paul attracts many different types of people, so understand that you will disagree with some of the people you meet.

Don't feel intimidated or get angry with people who feel differently than you. Focus on the main goal of getting Ron Paul the Republican Nomination, and then the Presidency. If political differences become too much, don't be afraid of starting your own group. The worst thing you can do is give up on the movement because of disagreement with some of its members.

3)Think and operate as locally as possible, starting with friends and family

Do you know two people who are unsatisfied with our government? I doubt you could find two people who ARE satisfied. If at all possible, try to “Double Yourself” which is to say, find two people to support the Ron Paul campaign and will “Double” themselves. This sort of growth is exponential, and has been the key to our success thus far. While some meetups and online communities are collaborating on large scale media advertising, don't overlook the importance of convince your own circle of influence. Here is a little joke that might give you some insight

Q: How can you tell you are in a room with a Ron Paul supporter?
A: He'll tell you.

4)Use your talents, abilities, and skills.

During the Revolutionary War, heroes were made out of seamstresses, orators, soldiers, financiers, shopkeepers and more. There is even a place in history for Molly Pitcher, who brought water to soldiers, and manned artillery after her husband fell. Don't try to be someone your not, just use who you are to support the campaign. Bake cookies for neighbors with Ron Paul fliers, talk to your friends or pastor at church, the possibilities are as diverse- and that gives us strength.

5)Don't Forget the Basics

Put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car. When possible, wear a “Who is Ron Paul?” T-shirt (people WILL ask you), and keep campaign literature at the ready to give out.

Where you go is up to you. This is new territory for all of us.

Stay informed, Stay Motivated, and most of all Stay Excited!

Useful Sites:
www.RonPaul2008.com
www.Ronpaulforums.com
www.RonPaul.Meetup.Com
www.freeme.tv
www.youtube.com Ron Pauls videos under the YouChoose '08 category

Please Donate to MarchAcrossAmerica.blogspot.com