PDA

View Full Version : Survey For Fed Protest

anaconda
10-11-2008, 01:28 PM
There has been some discussion on the forum about how me can mobilize to make some differences beyond out vote at the ballot box,

There has been discussion on a thread about organizing local Fed protests. These could be short and sweet and just be a few hours at the Fed Regional Banks. You would select the Fed Regional Bank nearest you to attend. You would make your own sign(s) and pay for your gasoline to transport yourself there. This is very preliminary to see how much interest there is. I see a lot of criticism on the forum threads that we are incapable of agreeing on enough things to make a difference.

I repeat, you would only need to attend the Fed bank closest to you!

HERE'S THE POLL QUESTION:

WOULD YOU POSSIBLY BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING A HALF-DAY PROTEST AT THE REGIONAL FED BANK NEAREST YOU?

ronpaulhawaii
10-11-2008, 01:32 PM
There has been some discussion on the forum about how me can mobilize to make some differences beyond out vote at the ballot box,

There has been discussion on a thread about organizing local Fed protests. These could be short and sweet and just be a few hours at the Fed Regional Banks. You would select the Fed Regional Bank nearest you to attend. You would make your own sign(s) and pay for your gasoline to transport yourself there. This is very preliminary to see how much interest there is. I see a lot of criticism on the forum threads that we are incapable of agreeing on enough things to make a difference.

I repeat, you would only need to attend the Fed bank closest to you!

HERE'S THE POLL QUESTION:

WOULD YOU POSSIBLY BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING A HALF-DAY PROTEST AT THE REGIONAL FED BANK NEAREST YOU?

I've already signed up for the 11/22 protest...

Deborah K
10-11-2008, 01:35 PM
http://endthefed.us/

Kludge
10-11-2008, 01:43 PM
//

anaconda
10-11-2008, 01:49 PM
http://endthefed.us/

Does that site have a pledge counter? Do we know how much interest there is? It looks promising...

Perhaps this is a better alternative that already has the ball rolling. Maybe we can organize subsequent protests. Maybe not everyone can make Nov. 22 for one reason or another.

KevinR
10-11-2008, 01:59 PM
given the recent MD events, i'd be on the terrorist list :[

anaconda
10-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Well, we have 13 protesters as of 2:51 P.M. 10/11/08. that's at least one for each bank...

Maybe everyone is on board with the Nov. 22 shindig. Which would also be awesome. I just don't see any pledge counter at their website. I wish I knew how many people are planning for the Nov. 22nd protest. Anybody heard anything?

JoshLowry
10-11-2008, 03:38 PM
There is a location in Houston.

constituent
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Well, we have 13 protesters as of 2:51 P.M. 10/11/08. that's at least one for each bank...

Maybe everyone is on board with the Nov. 22 shindig. Which would also be awesome. I just don't see any pledge counter at their website. I wish I knew how many people are planning for the Nov. 22nd protest. Anybody heard anything?

dunno, i'd go if there were one in houston or san antonio.

mczerone
10-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I've already signed up for the 11/22 protest...

What's the info for that day's protest?

I am in school right now, and probably won't be able to make any (the nearest to me is Chicago, 4hrs away), but there should definitely be both planning of C4L events, as well as publicity and support for any other group's plans - coordination would be even better.

http://www.endthefed.us

ronpaulhawaii
10-11-2008, 04:04 PM
What's the info for that day's protest?

I am in school right now, and probably won't be able to make any (the nearest to me is Chicago, 4hrs away), but there should definitely be both planning of C4L events, as well as publicity and support for any other group's plans - coordination would be even better.

http://www.endthefed.us

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27175803438#/event.php?eid=30532479351

Saturday, November 22, 2008
Time:9:00am - 5:00pm
Street:33 Liberty Street
City/Town:New York, NY

<Oh, the Irony...>

Knightskye
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
I'd love to protest at the New York branch, but I don't think I could make it.

fr33domfightr
10-11-2008, 04:22 PM
There is a Fed protest on Nov. 22. I'll be at the Los Angeles event. I'll be protesting on that day!!

FF

CitizenPlain
10-11-2008, 04:39 PM

H Roark
10-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes, and I would be going to the Los Angeles branch. I really hope this effort gets more support.

Pauls' Revere
10-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Half a day in SF then at the bay not bad either way.

lynnf
10-12-2008, 05:13 AM
dunno, i'd go if there were one in houston or san antonio.

there are branch office of the fed in both Houston and San Antonio. I believe they said on the website that they were protesting at branches and other offices, too.

lynn

JosephTheLibertarian
10-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Yes. I would protest at the New York bank.