Cowlesy
09-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Note the cropped picture :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20614865/site/newsweek/

katao
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I emailed him last night after reading his article ruffled my feathers:

Sir,

I have always respected your work as a fine journalist, but I am sincerely disappointed in your characterization of Ron Paul’s foreign policy stance as “Isolationist” in your summary of the most recent GOP debates. This is patently false, as you should know. Just 10 months ago, he wrote:

“Noninterventionism is not isolationism. Nonintervention simply means America does not interfere militarily, financially, or covertly in the internal affairs of other nations. It is not we that we isolate ourselves; on the contrary, our founders advocated open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations.

Thomas Jefferson summed up the noninterventionist foreign policy position perfectly in his 1801 inaugural address: “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations- entangling alliances with none.” Washington similarly urged that we must, “Act for ourselves and not for others,” by forming an “American character wholly free of foreign attachments.”

That policy, which you are so quick to dismiss, was the guiding rule in the founding of our nation. It is one thing to argue that times have changed and non-intervention doesn’t work today, but it is quite another to misrepresent his views in such a serious manner. As a member of Congress for 10 years and as a military Veteran, he deserves greater respect for his consistent application of a sound, principled philosophy (even if you happen to disagree with it). Washington and Jefferson are pretty good company to keep!

I am an independent voter and overall am deeply disappointed in how MSNBC has covered these elections. Despite large amounts of interest in supposed 2nd tier candidates such Dennis Kucinich on the left and Ron Paul on the right, the media coverage focuses on seemingly hand-selected candidates. Excuse me, but that is the public’s right to decide.

Dlynne
09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
"Sen. Sam Brownback, Rep. Tom Tancredo and Rep. Duncan Hunter are gaining no traction whatsoever, based on what I am hearing here and from soundings elsewhere. They did nothing to distinguish themselves in the New Hampshire debate."

Notice that Fineman did not include Paul in that list. I think this is a good sign.

madcat033
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM

Sir,

I have always respected your work as a fine journalist, but I am sincerely disappointed in your characterization of Ron Paul’s foreign policy stance as “Isolationist” in your summary of the most recent GOP debates. This is patently false, as you should know. Just 10 months ago, he wrote:

“Noninterventionism is not isolationism. Nonintervention simply means America does not interfere militarily, financially, or covertly in the internal affairs of other nations. It is not we that we isolate ourselves; on the contrary, our founders advocated open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations.

Thomas Jefferson summed up the noninterventionist foreign policy position perfectly in his 1801 inaugural address: “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations- entangling alliances with none.” Washington similarly urged that we must, “Act for ourselves and not for others,” by forming an “American character wholly free of foreign attachments.”

That policy, which you are so quick to dismiss, was the guiding rule in the founding of our nation. It is one thing to argue that times have changed and non-intervention doesn’t work today, but it is quite another to misrepresent his views in such a serious manner. As a member of Congress for 10 years and as a military Veteran, he deserves greater respect for his consistent application of a sound, principled philosophy (even if you happen to disagree with it). Washington and Jefferson are pretty good company to keep!

I am an independent voter and overall am deeply disappointed in how MSNBC has covered these elections. Despite large amounts of interest in supposed 2nd tier candidates such Dennis Kucinich on the left and Ron Paul on the right, the media coverage focuses on seemingly hand-selected candidates. Excuse me, but that is the public’s right to decide.

Wow... VERY well done. That is pretty much perfect. Hopefully he will read it.

torchbearer
09-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Sir,

Let us know if you get a response... i'm curious what he would say to such a sincere, well written letter... You are a great ambassador for Dr. Paul.

quickmike
09-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Newsweek is a liberal rag. They see Ron as a threat to their 99% certain coronation of Hillary. I wouldnt take anything these dicks say any more seriously than I would Sean Hannity. I dont even like to bother with stuff like this because I just end up getting pissed.