PDA

View Full Version : House Minority Leader Ron Paul

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2008, 07:08 AM
It'd be nice if Ron Paul would run for minority leader in the republican party after the 2008 November general elections. Imagine all the calls, e-mails and letters the republican party would get from people supporting Ron Paul.

Chester Copperpot
10-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Cant we just get him to be Speaker of the House ?

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2008, 07:16 AM

And how exactly would one do that with a huge democratic majority in the U.S. House of Representatives?

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2008, 07:19 AM
I think we should respectfully ask Paul to run for the House republican leadership position. John Boehner looked like a spineless sellout when he was giving that speech urging House republicans to support the bailout.

E-mail:

http://www.house.gov/paul/contact.shtml

Write:

The Honorable Ron Paul
United States House of Representatives
203 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515-4314

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-11-2008, 07:20 AM
It'd be nice if Ron Paul would run for minority leader in the republican party after the 2008 November general elections. Imagine all the calls, e-mails and letters the republican party would get from people supporting Ron Paul.

That would be great, but we've seen how the neocons feel about Ron Paul, and they don't care what kind of popular support he has from real people.

Nor do they care what people think in general, as evidenced by the bailout.

TurtleBurger
10-11-2008, 08:14 AM
We could propose a trade to the GOP: promise RP the Speaker position if we can get them a majority in the House. I think we could pull off our side of the deal, but then they'd probably welch on their end.

jave27
10-11-2008, 08:34 AM
I think it'd be more useful to get more RP-style candidates in office. RP himself just doesn't have the support to be part of the party leadership. He needs more allies on the Hill, and it's up to us to get them for him!

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2008, 08:55 AM
RP himself just doesn't have the support to be part of the party leadership. He needs more allies on the Hill, and it's up to us to get them for him!

You're right. The odds of Ron Paul actually winning would be very low. But there is no harm whatsoever in him at least trying and running for minority leader.

klamath
10-11-2008, 09:18 AM
I agree that there is little chance RP would be elected but I would like to see him try. After the election there is going to be absolute turmoil in the republican leadership of congress. "Whaaaaat just happened????"

parke
10-11-2008, 09:27 AM
That would be great, but we've seen how the neocons feel about Ron Paul, and they don't care what kind of popular support he has from real people.

Nor do they care what people think in general, as evidenced by the bailout.

Seconded.

After the bailout, I realized the only thing that could slow down our out of control government is pissed off Americans with guns.

I love our movement, I just dont believe we will make a difference without a bloody revolution. Hopefully Im wrong, and Im not advocating violence. Our leaders dont give a shit about us... that much is fact.

Its sad.

Yesterday our business had a grand opening party. Half our audience was Navy kids. I asked about ten kids what the first amendment was... None of them could tell me. People that swear to honor and defend our Constitution couldnt tell me what their rights were.

That is why our government sucks ass. A small percentage give a shit about Liberty and the others watch MTV or believe what the MSM 'tells' them.

(insert taps music here)

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I think we should respectfully ask Paul to run for the House republican leadership position. John Boehner looked like a spineless sellout when he was giving that speech urging House republicans to support the bailout.

E-mail:

http://www.house.gov/paul/contact.shtml

Write:

The Honorable Ron Paul
United States House of Representatives
203 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515-4314

Bump.

jsu718
10-11-2008, 10:41 PM
The Republican establishment barely let him run for president in the primaries... you think they would let him be in charge of their party in the House? Not going to happen, although it would be incredible if he was.

dr. hfn
10-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Ron paul could save the GOP, tho it doesn't deserved to be saved. The two major parties need to die

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2008, 11:23 PM
I know the neoconservatives dominate the party. I know the party likes to put someone they can control in the leadership position (why they choose John Boehner over John Shadegg), someone who will go along and strongarm the members to get votes on things the party members don't really like (CAFTA, Medicare prescription drug bill, the bailout). You think Bush could have made Ron Paul his puppet like Boehner on the bailout? Hell no.

Will Paul win? Likely not. But again, I see no reason why he can't at least try and run for minority leader after the elections in November. Who knows? With the small minority the house republicans will be and probably with no president to take marching orders from, maybe they'll want to try something new and different.

silverhawks
10-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Ron paul could save the GOP, tho it doesn't deserved to be saved. The two major parties need to die

This. They are past their time, and ignoring their responsibilities. Both need to lapse into memory like the old parties of the past. There's a better way forward in the 21st century, one that doesn't involve eternal war or taxation.

free.alive
10-12-2008, 02:44 AM
It'll never happen.

People keep pining for a quick fix. The Ron Paul presidential campaign was the hale mary of attempts at quick fixes.

You have joined the war effort. Fight it or leave it. There are no guarantees...

jave27
10-12-2008, 03:19 AM
I think the bailout nonsense is really the last straw for a bunch of people (those paying any attention at least). We need real organization and a true "vote the bums out" campaign nationwide... And, we're running out of time.

itshappening
10-12-2008, 06:08 AM
the dems could have a massive majority in the House if the GOP is massacred

RonPaulFanInGA
10-12-2008, 06:17 AM
the dems could have a massive majority in the House if the GOP is massacred

Who better to lead the republican party back to viability? And if it works, the House-wing of the republican party will effectively be molded into Ron Paul's image.

Malakai
10-12-2008, 07:42 AM
If I understand it right, GOP themselves (which is to say the elite party insiders) decide on the speaker; so that would never ever happen.

RP4EVER
10-12-2008, 07:45 AM
yea....but if we get enough RP supporters elected..we control the election process

RonPaulFanInGA
10-12-2008, 08:05 AM
If I understand it right, GOP themselves (which is to say the elite party insiders) decide on the speaker; so that would never ever happen.

If I understand right, any republican member of the House of Representatives can run for House minority/majority (minority) leader. The members (probably around 175 after this upcoming election) vote. The people can lobby the house republicans to vote for their candidate for leadership.

Why not Ron Paul? There is nothing to lose by running.

V4Vendetta
10-12-2008, 08:19 AM

hahahahaha, i see where you're going.

I'm with ya.