PDA

View Full Version : New Member on FT forum asking for education

Johnnybags
09-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I joined this forum because at the moment I'm undecided who to vote for. I like Fred as well as Romney, though I could still be persuaded to vote for Obama, if he should win.

I have to say I'm rather upset that the nomination process is so much sooner this year. I'd like more time to make up my mind. With this calendar I wish Fred would have gotten into the race sooner. But I guess it just means I need to do my research eariler and more earnestly

Anyway I look forward to furthering my education.

Rumor has it some of you stump on the forum so the gentleman needs help, please oblige.

Kregener
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Boy, are you in the wrong place.

kylejack
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
"Fred Thompson is dumb as hell."
-Richard Nixon

Oddball
09-06-2007, 12:14 PM
I joined this forum because at the moment I'm undecided who to vote for. I like Fred as well as Romney, though I could still be persuaded to vote for Obama, if he should win.

I have to say I'm rather upset that the nomination process is so much sooner this year. I'd like more time to make up my mind. With this calendar I wish Fred would have gotten into the race sooner. But I guess it just means I need to do my research eariler and more earnestly

Rumor has it some of you stump on the forum so the gentleman needs help, please oblige.

You have a link??

Johnnybags
09-06-2007, 12:17 PM
http://www.fredthompsonforum.com/showthread.php?t=986

Sounds like a nice gentleman, be kind.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, he looks like he's a nice guy.

Seems like the freakish behavior of the Fred Heads is getting him to take another look at the Good Doctor! http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8800/thinkxa7.gif

nullvalu
09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
LMAO i love the comments.

"Better to have lost liberty, than never having to say your sorry. Something like that. I am drunk."

american.swan
09-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Whenever I feel down...I head over to that forum for a good laugh.

That forum is better then anything on comedy central.

Triton
09-06-2007, 02:47 PM

Rumor has it some of you stump on the forum so the gentleman needs help, please oblige.Government, like gas, will expand to fill its container.

I used to be an old-fashioned, hard-line, culture-warring conservative. Then it dawned on me: none of the things which mattered to me are mentioned in the Constitution. Gay marriage? Nope! Abortion? Prayer in school? Double nope! The economy? Well, overall, it seems the Founders wanted to let We the People take care of that.

In other words, all the things the Republicans were telling me separated them from the Evil Liberal Democrats weren't really things that the Federal government should concern itself with. So, why did the Republicans make me think that I was something other than a great American if I didn't think it was their job to guarantee all this stuff?

One word: tyranny.

They wanted to use tyranny to give us things which, while good, are not mentioned in the Constitution. Just like those Evil Democrats who want to use tyranny to force us to fully accept such depravities as abortion on demand, sodomy-as-a-civil-right, and cradle to grave health care.

It occurred to me that it is not the Federal Government's job to force the immoral masses to accept my morality because (a) the Constitution doesn't mandate it and (b) most importantly - it gives them a tool to use the government to force US to accept THEIR "morality" - or lack thereof.

The proper battleground for such issues is the states. If we change hearts and minds, we will get a government which reflects our culture - instead of using tyranny to mandate a culture. If we fail - well, we can move to another state. Liberals, this means you have an equal chance to change hearts and minds in your favor.

Ron Paul, therefore, is the only candidate who liberals AND conservatives can unite behind. If you want tyranny - if you want two sides of the same coin - vote for a Democrat or a Neocon. If you want smaller government, smaller taxes, and restored freedom and liberty, vote for Ron Paul. If you want to roll back the Leviathan we have created, and contain it so that it does not oppress our children and their children, vote for Ron Paul.

If you knew you had one last chance to effect a revolution without bloodshed, why wouldn't you take it?