PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Fred's Suggestion Threatens Ron Paul's Participation

kylejack
09-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Last night on Leno, Fred Thompson said that the format of many candidates on stage is lousy and that he wants some one-on-one debates. He said he'll put in a little time at the big debates, but he's not crazy about them and wants to go one-on-one. I think we can be fairly certain that he didn't mean one-on-one with Ron Paul.

This is an interesting development, because Fred wouldn't even debate Michael Moore, except to send him a sassy Youtube video of him smoking a cigar and trying to look aloof.

Kregener
09-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Fred Thompson is a CFR member.

Brasil Branco
09-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I think Ron Paul should give an open challenge to any of the top tier to debate his points one on one.

Nader
09-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Last night on Leno, Fred Thompson said that the format of many candidates on stage is lousy and that he wants some one-on-one debates. He said he'll put in a little time at the big debates, but he's not crazy about them and wants to go one-on-one. I think we can be fairly certain that he didn't mean one-on-one with Ron Paul.

This is an interesting development, because Fred wouldn't even debate Michael Moore, except to send him a sassy Youtube video of him smoking a cigar and trying to look aloof.

I don't think comparing the Michael Moore thing to this puts the argument in a good light for Ron Paul. Moore is a complete loon.

angelatc
09-06-2007, 12:40 PM
I think the best thing about the Huckabee - Paul round is that it gave the media something to talk about besides Fred. If that exchange hadn't happened, we'd be knee deep in the Fred crap this morning.

kylejack
09-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't think comparing the Michael Moore thing to this puts the argument in a good light for Ron Paul. Moore is a complete loon.
The point, in case it wasn't clear, is that Fred Thompson is an intellectual coward not even willing to face off against an idiot like Michael Moore.

Nader
09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
The point, in case it wasn't clear, is that Fred Thompson is an intellectual coward not even willing to face off against an idiot like Michael Moore.

The latter would be my point with Ron Paul.