PDA

View Full Version : Paulson announces government will begin buying financial stocks.

werdd
10-10-2008, 04:43 PM
:rolleyes:

roho76
10-10-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't like this either. I know it's better than giving the money away in a bailout fashion. I heard about this today and read that regular investers won't want to invest if they think the price of the stock is just being propped up by a huge influx of Government money. But at least there is the possibility that we could make money if the market somehow manages to turn around. Ha!

constitutional
10-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't like this either. I know it's better than giving the money away in a bailout fashion. I heard about this today and read that regular investers won't want to invest if they think the price of the stock is just being propped up by a huge influx of Government money. But at least there is the possibility that we could make money if the market somehow manages to turn around. Ha!

I have not read much upon this but who decides when to dump those financial stocks?

I simply don't trust these crooks. He can be doing this to prop up stocks and allow his cronies to get out. :rolleyes:

bcreps85
10-10-2008, 05:13 PM
So basically they are going to buy stocks so that the market goes up, in hopes of jump-starting people's faith in them...hopefully regular investors will just use it as an opportunity to cut their losses and sell. It is time to let this thing burn so we can start over...

I find it very likely that if people do buy into it, that they will invest and the market will go up just long enough to let the corrupt ones who caused this mess to sell out at less profit and finish crashing the market...

ghengis86
10-10-2008, 05:24 PM
you guys are right on; this is a buddy bailout as Goldman and JPMorgan were taking hits today. keep the market above water long enough to cash out, then they'll let it burn. off to the Amero!

Sarge
10-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Potential for corruption beyond belief. Bet on it his friends will know which stocks first.

Buyers beware. It STINKS!

ihsv
10-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Even better, as government starts buying up stocks, they start owning pieces of companies. This gives them the ability to start taking over non-financial assets via their stocks, such as auto makers, IT companies, etc.

ifthenwouldi
10-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Could this nightmare scenario get much worse?

Cowlesy
10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Awesome! These guys are running so low on cash that to pay out gigantic bonuses they definitely need a cash-equity injection from the U.S. taxpayers.

I am sure the ABA thanks you all --- cristal and dom p. at Lotus tonight for everyone!

Lord Xar
10-10-2008, 06:06 PM
What will the impact of them buying stocks have on "gold and silver" and other stocks? what I am asking is, will this actually do anything or affect anything?