PDA

View Full Version : Are we unified?

Xenophage
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
An interesting thing has happened in the last year... the liberty movement seems to be more united than ever, yet increasingly segregated between various party affiliations and activities.

For years I was a proud card carrying Libertarian, but recently I find myself disenfranchised by a despicable presidential candidate and some very bizarrely non-libertarian newcomers to the party that I think is a direct result of the removal of the non-aggression pledge. I registered Republican to promote Ron Paul and attend my local and state conventions as a delegate, but I harbor no love for Republicans and I'm embarrassed to mention I am one. The Constitution Party certainly seemed appealing at first, but I find their ideological defense of liberty to be so weak and mystical as to possibly undermine liberty itself. I'm not a Christian and I don't believe that the Constitution is a perfect document or that it is even a good reason to pursue a political policy of personal freedom (not to mention I outright disagree with the Constitution Party on many of their planks).

So I'm party-less nowadays, but guess what? I feel more camaraderie, more of a sense of progress, and more optimism regarding my beliefs. Ron Paul really united us in a way that needed to be done for the past thirty years. Some of us may be involved with the LP, some with the CP, and some within the GOP, but we all communicate and support one another in our mutual quest for liberty. It doesn't matter what party you belong to or what liberty-related activity you're involved in: if you need help, ideas, money, or just a bit of encouragement you'll find it in the Ron Paul community on websites like this.

What's more "transpartisan" than that?

Kludge
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I believe we're more unified, but less energized. It's likely due to broadening our friends/enemies. Thomas Paine energized those he converted to the point of riots but was very controversial in shifting almost all the blame to the King.

Highland
10-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Definitely unified...we even help each other with personal as well as political problems....like donating for needs. I love this forum

micahnelson
10-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Thomas Paine energized those he converted to the point of riots but was very controversial in shifting almost all the blame to the King.

Screw the King!

JohnJay
10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe a bit like the revolutionary colonies . . .

each wanting to do a bit different thing or activity, with some bickering amongst themselves -

but all passionate and united against the monarchy.