PDA

View Full Version : Paulson: Radical Measures May be in the Wings

bobbyw24
10-10-2008, 01:20 PM
http://ronpaulnews.net/2008/10/paulson-radical-measures-may-be-in.html

tpreitzel
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Since the state is bound to own a share of all banks, I want my money out of them. Does someone know of a privately held repository for storing valuables and performs some banking functions, e.g. check cashing, without being chartered as a bank?

acptulsa
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Since the state is bound to own a share of all banks, I want my money out of them. Does someone know of a privately held repository for storing valuables and performs some banking functions, e.g. check cashing, without being chartered as a bank?

Those tend to be known as credit unions.

ItsTime
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I thought the bail out was a drastic/radical measure? We are screwed.

tpreitzel
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Those tend to be known as credit unions.

Yeah, I was thinking of including them in the aforementioned scenario. I assume credit unions won't escape manipulation by the state, either.

acptulsa
10-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of including them in the aforementioned scenario, but ...
I assume credit unions won't escape manipulation by the state, either.

If they start nationalizing solvent institutions, our numbers will start growing nicely.

tpreitzel
10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
If they start nationalizing solvent institutions, our numbers will start growing nicely.

We'll see. I'm a little uneasy here. Apparently, the immediate agenda is further manipulation and not nationalization (controlling interest) yet. Maybe, it's time to investigate some of the local loan sharks. ;)

bojo68
10-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Sounds like a psyop to me, just the phrasing of the statement suggests that all the garbage they've done up to now is NOT radical. Prepping us for the next BIG scam, the first one worked so well they're gonna do it again, but bigger and harder, without lube this time...:)

tpreitzel
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Sounds like a psyop to me, just the phrasing of the statement suggests that all the garbage they've done up to now is NOT radical. Prepping us for the next BIG scam, the first one worked so well they're gonna do it again, but bigger and harder, without lube this time...:)

We already know it. This subject., state meddling in private financial transactions, has bothered me for years. As more and more intervention occurs, more and more personal transactions will be done under the table which will likely force the government's hand even more, e.g. implants, in a desperate attempt to monitor those transactions. We're headed to the latter scenario fast. Do we start using barter, silver and gold coins in our personal affairs? Will private business start accepting these coins in a black market? I already know of a few people who will ONLY accept silver or gold coins for their goods. Larger corporations are a problem when attempting to circumvent an illegal system sanctioned by the state. A small business would be much more willing to comply with attempts to use real money in such a controlled environment.