PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Reporting that World Bank Under Cyber Attack

FreedomWon
10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435681,00.html

awake
10-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Great, now they can regulate the internet and institute security access for home users... Internet Attack 9/11 scale.

Vote Waterman 2028
10-10-2008, 02:13 PM
UPDATE: After FOX News published its story, a World Bank spokesman issued the following statement:

"The Fox News story is wrong and is riddled with falsehoods and errors. The story cites misinformation from unattributed sources and leaked emails that are taken out of context.

"Like other public and private institutions, the World Bank has repeatedly experienced hacking attacks on its computer systems and is constantly updating its security to defeat these. But at no point has a hacking attack accessed sensitive information in the World Bank's Treasury, procurement, anti-corruption or human resources departments."

nobody's_hero
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
UPDATE: After FOX News published its story, a World Bank spokesman issued the following statement:

"The Fox News story is wrong and is riddled with falsehoods and errors. The story cites misinformation from unattributed sources and leaked emails that are taken out of context.

"Like other public and private institutions, the World Bank has repeatedly experienced hacking attacks on its computer systems and is constantly updating its security to defeat these. But at no point has a hacking attack accessed sensitive information in the World Bank's Treasury, procurement, anti-corruption or human resources departments."

Impossible. Fox News is "fair and balanced." I'm inclined to think that the World Bank spokesman is making things up. [/sarcasm]

tpreitzel
10-10-2008, 02:17 PM

Lies by omission, perhaps? ;)

Bodhi
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
If it is on FOX then it is likely propaganda. The story does not worry me, what worries me is that if FOX is behind the story. That says to me, the puppet masters want to create panic and fear.

dannno
10-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Ya this is probably BS