PDA

View Full Version : Obama is doing it so why can't we?

cska80
10-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Obama is buying 30 minutes of air time near the end of the month on the national news networks. Why can't we? We should start a money drive/bomb to raise the money to send Ron Paul to national news networks with millions to buy 30 minutes of air time to explain the who, what, when, why and how about this economic crisis.

max
10-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Obama is buying 30 minutes of air time near the end of the month on the national news networks. Why can't we?

Because RP's people lack vision and imagination. Had they done this in New Hampshire we could have won that state and then rode the ensuing snowball...running similar 30 minute spots in EVERY state..swelling our ranks and replenishing our warchest.

cska80
10-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Because RP's people lack vision and imagination. Had they done this in New Hampshire we could have won that state and then rode the ensuing snowball...running similar 30 minute spots in EVERY state..swelling our ranks and replenishing our warchest.

I understand but now is the time for a mass awakening. People everywhere are waking up to the fact that something is indeed wrong and it is in fact the government who is fucking us. There is no better time to do something huge like this. We raised millions in a day. We could do it again with mass coordination.

max
10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I understand but now is the time for a mass awakening. People everywhere are waking up to the fact that something is indeed wrong and it is in fact the government who is fucking us. There is no better time to do something huge like this. We raised millions in a day. We could do it again with mass coordination.

Only the campaign for liberty has the infrastructure to coordinate this....and they aint doing shit.

dr. hfn
10-10-2008, 11:17 AM
that would be a huge moneybomb

dr. hfn
10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I can't believe what "max" said. Is that a joke?!

ghengis86
10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
obama can do this because he shits money. we would need the largest money bomb ever, and with the depression upon us, its very unlikely that people will be will to part with the FRNs...

max
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM

i'm not joking.....why, with all the resources that CFL can muster...are we not buying national TV ads designed to

a. educate
b. increase our membership
c. solicit donations to repeat a and b.

RonPaulVolunteer
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Obama is buying 30 minutes of air time near the end of the month on the national news networks. Why can't we? We should start a money drive/bomb to raise the money to send Ron Paul to national news networks with millions to buy 30 minutes of air time to explain the who, what, when, why and how about this economic crisis.

Because you'll end up being attacked by the people suffering tall-poppy-syndrome, that's 100% of the anarchists, and a large number of the others, who can't stand anyone taking initiative. I know this personally, so does Trevor Lyman, and many others.

Just go ahead and do it and see what happens.

max
10-10-2008, 11:21 AM
obama can do this because he shits money. we would need the largest money bomb ever, and with the depression upon us, its very unlikely that people will be will to part with the FRNs...

if done properly, with an empassioned appeal for donations...each ad could fund itself...people are STARVING for answers now

angelatc
10-10-2008, 11:23 AM

Max is a silly little man. Put him on "ignore" and go about your business.

As for a money bomb.....I just don't know what we would do with the time. Besides say, "See? We were right."

fr33domfightr
10-10-2008, 11:24 AM
I suggested this to the Ron Paul Campaign back before Super Tuesday, but I never heard from them on this. Since they didn't do it I figured they didn't like the idea, but I did.

FF

max
10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Max is a silly little man. Put him on "ignore" and go about your business.

As for a money bomb.....I just don't know what we would do with the time. Besides say, "See? We were right."

another lemming devoid of imagination....

on the 30 minute video we could explain the REAL cause of the crisis and how to get out...Google: Money As Debt......we could just run that piece with commentary by RP , a plug for the website...and a plea for activism and donations...

dont tell me that wouldnt work

jkr
10-10-2008, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY

TruthAtLast
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM

not always easy to raise that same type of money in this economic climate, especially when a lot of donations came from people who liked Ron Paul but they aren't necessarily hard core followers. It is difficult for a Grassroots Movement to gain that much steam, that quickly, without a major event like a GOP nomination tied to it.

It really takes someone like Ron Paul himself to spearhead this. If he released an email and held a press conference that said something like he was joining a Constitutional Party ticket or something else DRAMATIC, it might work because suddenly the rank and file RP supporters would come back into the fold. But how many members don't even go to these forums every day, or didn't donate even $1 to Lawson even after Ron Paul asked them to?

I know it sucks but people like to donate to something they feel they can win. Early in the campaign his warchest swelled because there was a long way to go. They thought they could still win. The donations dwindled later in the campaign.

I think it takes something MAJOR and it needs to be initiated by Ron Paul himself.

Nate
10-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Because you'll end up being attacked by the people suffering tall-poppy-syndrome, that's 100% of the anarchists, and a large number of the others, who can't stand anyone taking initiative. I know this personally, so does Trevor Lyman, and many others.

Just go ahead and do it and see what happens.

Not 100% of the anarchists. I'm an anarchist and think that this and Lyman's ideas are all great ideas. I know where you are coming from though, there are many reactionary so-called "anarchists" that attack anybody who shows an ounce of leadership. The people who lead from the front are accused of trying to "hijack the movement" when the only thing they are trying to do is advance the movement. We are having some of the same problems here in Chicago. The other night we had 2 local liberty congressional candidates, a pro-liberty aldermanic candidate and some school board activists attacked for trying to "use the local movement for their own personal gain". The reality is that too many people in this movement think they are the defenders of the liberty movement from the threat of infiltration by ideologically impure individuals who seek personal power. Look at all the so-called libertarians who have been attacking Ron Paul the whole campaign. Morons, do they actually think that they are doing more for liberty than he is. It's stupid and counterproductive. A decentralized movement is not a leaderless movement. The sooner the internet pundits and reactionaries realize this the sooner this movement actually gets somewhere. I say let them be the reaction to our action. Lead from the front and let the jealous reactionary losers throw stones from behind. In other words, this is a great idea and I say do it. Let the haters hate.