PDA

View Full Version : Economic siezure ahead

thomaspaine23
10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/604-POTENTIAL-ECONOMIC-SEIZURE-DEAD-AHEAD.html

9:53 - Again, for the second day, no OMO (Open Market Operations) at The Fed. Read this report carefully. Note that there are no Agencies and no Treasuries left on The Fed's balance sheet. All gone. All that is left is $80 billion of crappy MBS. Bluntly, without printing raw money, The Fed is out of Treasuries with which to lend into the market, and thus cannot perform OMO any more; they must do "other things" (like print money.) We are now officially into the twilight zone and Fed Solvency is an issue on the table. President Bush spoke again but none one word about forcing transparency among financial institutions. Raise cash now and be prepared for potential essential good and service disruptions as the supply pipelines could begin to go dry on these as soon as early next week.

moostraks
10-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Scary analysis...I hope he is wrong on the timing. I need some more time to prepare...Of course don't we all???

Sarge
10-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Are any of you registered on the ticker forum?

They are talking that the Fed might be closed today. I can't read what is being said. Is that legit or rumor?

ShowMeLiberty
10-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Are any of you registered on the ticker forum?

They are talking that the Fed might be closed today. I can't read what is being said. Is that legit or rumor?

I looked around on that forum last night a little bit (as a guest - didn't register). It seemed a bit hysterical to me. I mean, serious stuff is hitting the fan right now, that's true, and some of what is being predicted there may also come to pass but I think the timeframes they're talking about are unrealistic. I still think we have a few weeks at least before hell officially freezes over.*

*I am no where near an expert of any of this. Just stating my gut feeling.